Best London Hotel

Search this Thread

Old 03 January 2009, 12:28 AM
Sti_Prodrive
Scooby Regular

Location: LONDON MANDEM - At Da V-Power Petty Station Fillin Up
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best London Hotel

Hi guys? looking to spend the weekend with my GF but need abit of help, looking for a top norch hotel where 2 spend a romantic weekend away..
Somewhere near a shopping center... looking for a hotel which includes a dvd player 2 hav a laugh n giggles till l8 mornin... & they got to have a round bath she luv's making out in the bathroom ( dont ask y b'cos i dont hav a clue )
But hey... i aint complaining wana spend about £250-£300 within London

Old 03 January 2009, 12:38 AM
Luke
BANNED

for both nights?

you wont get much for that !!!
Old 03 January 2009, 01:14 AM
wayno
Scooby Regular

Charlotte street hotel nr Tottenham court road is quite pleasent
Old 03 January 2009, 01:16 AM
Sti_Prodrive
Scooby Regular

Ok.. how much 4 a good weekend ?
Old 03 January 2009, 01:25 AM
Luke
BANNED

Well...... you kind of spoilt it when you said great hotel but you want a "shopping centre" If your going to make her knees weak you do a good hotel and Bond street etc.

At the moment the hotels are doing ok. The euro has brought many europeans over . so not that good deals. Wait until schools go back etc

a good weekend in a top hotel with the food etc to match will be over £800
Old 03 January 2009, 01:27 AM
Spooky Mulder
Scooby Regular

If you want that kind of bathroom you are looking at a suite at a decent hotel. I stay in London most weeks, and even with rates coming down recently you will still be struggling to get top notch for that money.

Best bet is Late Rooms-Cheap Hotels, Discount Hotels & Last Minute Hotels Deals. Make Hotel Reservations & Book Hotels with Hotel Offers. which has customer reviews of hotels, or lastminute.com: hotels, holidays, flights, travel and entertainment at the last minute..

Guoman Cumberland off Oxford Street is very good, very hip after the refurb, some great rooms with large modern bathrooms (make sure you get an upgraded room for this). Close to masses of shopping as well.

Westbury in Mayfair has some fabulous rooms but you would need to get a great deal.

Bonnington Hotel has new owners and the executive rooms may have a good rate at the weekend and are very good. Not so close to the shops though.
Old 03 January 2009, 05:12 AM
angrynorth
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wayno
Charlotte street hotel nr Tottenham court road is quite pleasent
This is a good suggestion, I've stayed there a couple of times and it's reasonably priced and a good place to be.

Another alternative is the 1901/Andaz place on Liverpool Street. They have some good packages on at the moment which include rooms and an evening meal at their excellent 1901 restaurant.

Trending Topics

Old 03 January 2009, 08:49 AM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

I stayed in the Marriot, the one in the link and it was very good. Right next to a tube, loads of restaurants and a shopping centre. The also have a proper car park for you and its all valet service

London Marriott West India Quay: Homepage, view hotel details, check deals and availability
Old 03 January 2009, 08:55 AM
Prasius
Scooby Regular

I stayed at the Andaz at the beginning of December and I thought it was great, as did the girlfriend. Quite a few bars and restaurants inside the hotel itself. You're looking at £160 - £200 per night for a queen or king room on a weekend (week prices are significantly more as many city workers use it); and it has to be said that even the queen rooms are a decent size for a london hotel - they're usually like cleaners cupboards! You're only a minute from the McDonalds entrance to Liverpool St Station, so have very easy access to the tube - you can be on Oxford Street within 15/20 minutes without any problems.
Old 03 January 2009, 10:04 AM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

The Mandarin Oriental is your best bet. Right opposite Harvey Nic's and two minute walk to Harrods. You may bump into a few celebs - but hey nothing is perfect
Old 03 January 2009, 11:20 AM
Sti_Prodrive
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by what would scooby do
The Mandarin Oriental is your best bet. Right opposite Harvey Nic's and two minute walk to Harrods. You may bump into a few celebs - but hey nothing is perfect

I like it.. good thinking
Old 03 January 2009, 11:32 AM
Gordo
Scooby Regular

The Dorchester? May need to up the budget a bit....

Seriously though, City Inn at Westminster is very good - cool trendy rooms (apple flat screen TV/internet jobbies which I'm pretty sure play DVDs) - not sure about a round bath but they may do deals on suites.

As mentioned above, Laterooms is a great place to start and check the reviews on both there and tripadvisor - I've stayed in some shockers that bear no resemblance to the photos!

Have fun
Old 03 January 2009, 11:36 AM
G00ner
Scooby Regular

Location: Poole - in an Isuzu D-Max LE (Prodrive Version) Gamer Tag "Coin Slot"

I would second the Mandarin, pull up outside and the porters will grab your bags and park the car. I've stayed there a few times and really enjoy the hotel, food and location.
Old 03 January 2009, 11:39 AM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Apex in the city do good weekend deals. No circular bathtub but a walk-in shower with ample room for two

Chip
Old 03 January 2009, 11:44 AM
Luke
BANNED

without been rude....... are you sure you can afford all of this? make it "balance" no point in staying in a great hotel and then having to shop in Picky street (oxford street). Its one and only good shop is Selfridges which is AMAZING and fun staff. Staying in a 5 star hotel isnt much fun unless your "High on the guest list" in fact it can ruin a great weekend as many couples feel out of their depth amongst the rich and beautiful etc.

If you want class and to be cool..... try the Hazlitt. most dont know of it thank god !
Old 03 January 2009, 05:44 PM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

for me 1 aldwych super cool super stylish great pool B&O tv's in every room etc easily the nicest staff out of any 5 star in London. They are professional but manage to be friendly and nice at hte same time, they canot do enough to help and you drive up hand the keys to the valet and don't have anything to worry about after that.
Old 03 January 2009, 05:51 PM
Timwinner
Scooby Regular

My better half and I found a nice place on this website
London Boutique & Luxury Hotels - Mr & Mrs Smith
has a list of all the smaller boutique places.
Old 03 January 2009, 05:53 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

One of my mates stayed in the Park Lane Hilton recently and he sent a pic of a room and it looked amazing! Couldn't even compare it to the usual Hilton's I've stayed in which are often not much better than Travel Inn's! Guessing the Park Lane one will be quite a bit more expensive than the usual ones, but obviously a great location and it's a familer brand.
Old 03 January 2009, 07:12 PM
Prasius
Scooby Regular

Luke - thats one of the reasons I enjoyed my stay at the Andaz so much - it's very good service, in a very pleasant trendy hotel, without making you feel like a leaper if your not on premiership footballers type money.

Having been lucky to have experienced the Hotel Grande Britannia in Athens (without any riots.. but I did accidentally wander into a Greek Communist Party protest.. which I quickly extricated myself from before the "subtle" style of Greek policing waded in) whilst I loved the hotel, many of the other people staying there wanted to make me vomit.
Old 03 January 2009, 07:15 PM
Luke
BANNED

hotels and staff can really intimidate less wealthy customers. they look and feel out of place. Men should stop this messing around trying to impress routine. Smart women see right through it.

Balance is the key to a great weekend.