Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Christmas eve & traffic warden nicking people outside our local butchers

Search this Thread

Old 24 December 2008, 12:31 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Christmas eve & traffic warden nicking people outside our local butchers

what a scumbag and a scumbag job.

this POS didn't even have the decency or festive spirit to pull up outside or stick his head through the door to ask people to move/let them know he was there.

I saw him park around the corner as literally sneak round out of sight of the shops to start booking cars.

before pulling away i stuck my head through the shop door and announced his presence.

Parking is difficult around there although not dangerous as such - obstrucing sight lines, etc.

Juts what local business need at the moment - more reasons for people not to go to the shop - me being one of them as i was parking up when he arrived andi left without buying anything from the butchers for one.

I am sure some will say it is nothing to do with targets - i do beg to differ

Last edited by The Zohan; 24 December 2008 at 12:34 PM.
Old 24 December 2008, 12:36 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

I got a ticket years ago while running in to get tree lights. BOGOF on the lights £25 a set, ticket £40.... talk about false economy eh.
Old 24 December 2008, 12:39 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

The mother of one of my daughters friends is a traffic warden. Theres her and another regular round here and to be fair they will give everyone a few minutes or try to find the owner in one of the closer shops before booking them.

Her insurance (MY05 WRX) is increased due to being a warden by quite a lot.

Good fun though when the words start to fly - keeps us almost as entertained as the clamper.
Old 24 December 2008, 12:40 PM
Scoobychick
Scooby Regular

Giving someone a parking ticket on Christmas Eve is mean It's a bit like giving someone here a warning....which of course I'd never do *innocent*
Old 24 December 2008, 12:49 PM
stuart n
Scooby Regular

I got a ticket 2 years ago in Colchester on xmas eve, i was 5 mins over the stay. The warden was still on the road dishing out other tickets so i wished him a merry christmas, bloody jobs worth
Amazing how murder suspects are allowed to remain free to kill again, such as in the Rachel Nikkel case, but do 33MPH in a 30 or park for 1 minute longer than you're meant to and you the law comes down on you like a tonne of bricks
Old 24 December 2008, 01:11 PM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

5 minutes over is harsh. Parking illegally is still parking illegally though. Fair dos getting a ticket isn't the best but at the end of the day the only reason is people don't want to walk an extra hundred yard to the shop.

5t.
Old 24 December 2008, 01:34 PM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by fivetide
5 minutes over is harsh. Parking illegally is still parking illegally though. Fair dos getting a ticket isn't the best but at the end of the day the only reason is people don't want to walk an extra hundred yard to the shop.

5t.
Well said

What's up with your feet or your watch for that matter

Trending Topics

Old 24 December 2008, 02:20 PM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

box tickers of the world ignite!
Old 24 December 2008, 02:30 PM
m1cks
Scooby Regular

where abouts do you live paul? are they local authority or police wardens?
Old 24 December 2008, 03:12 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't mind not being able to get past a badly parked Range Rover Sport round here, they are far more important than me so should be able to park where they want, they need to go and get some more Ugg boots, get their skin checked for the healthy Wilmslow Kia-Ora look and have their straw like barnets kept nice and Peroxide Blonde, then nip for lunch, two large glasses of wine (no food) and then move on to school to hoon past half cut and park wherever they want again.
Old 24 December 2008, 03:30 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

I don't get it at all - I have never got it. It's lost on me

As the disorganised "Shop like there's a war on" festive sloths are parking up they can see the yellow lines.

What goes through their heads?

#Either nothing at all (which is worrying),

#Some arrogant accident risk assessment where they consider themselves not to be causing a hazard or obstruction (Glad they are so qualified )

#An awareness that parking there is retarded but it's worth the risk because they are incredibly fat, selfish and lazy?

Either way, they should be ticketed every time. We have them do it outside on offy in our village and there is ample parking within 30 yards. Alas they never get ticketed here, leaving intelligent non-selfish people like me no option but to shout obscenities at them or beep my horny horn...

It's xmas - walk off your lard by parking somewhere legally and walking rather than whinging about good honest people doing their job properly.

Merry xmas
x x x
Old 24 December 2008, 03:31 PM
Jamescsti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stuart n
I got a ticket 2 years ago in Colchester on xmas eve, i was 5 mins over the stay. The warden was still on the road dishing out other tickets so i wished him a merry christmas, bloody jobs worth
Amazing how murder suspects are allowed to remain free to kill again, such as in the Rachel Nikkel case, but do 33MPH in a 30 or park for 1 minute longer than you're meant to and you the law comes down on you like a tonne of bricks

Love it, a TRAFFIC WARDEN gives you a ticket and you still manage to compare it to murderer's running free, no offence mmate but I doubt the traffic wardens have much influence on catching murderers
Old 24 December 2008, 03:36 PM
Mus
Scooby Regular

hate the buggers but they got to work blame the government for giving them targets
Old 24 December 2008, 04:02 PM
stuart n
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jamescsti
Love it, a TRAFFIC WARDEN gives you a ticket and you still manage to compare it to murderer's running free, no offence mmate but I doubt the traffic wardens have much influence on catching murderers
Indeed but it speaks volumes for today's society when law enforcement targets trivial crimes to meet government targets as opposed to concentrating on more serious crime.
Old 24 December 2008, 04:08 PM
stuart n
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Felix.
Well said

What's up with your feet or your watch for that matter
My watch was fine, it was the amount of people fart arsing around the town holding me up that made me late back to the car.
People wonder why online shopping is becoming so popular, it's the councils treating motorists like ***** that's causing people to stay at home.
You can't get a parking ticket while shopping online can you. It's a case of biting your nose off to spite your face, the more tickets you issue the more people stay away....
Old 24 December 2008, 06:06 PM
yoza
BANNED

You got to feel sorry for the guy.....working on Christmas Eve.

No Life.

No friends.

No partner.

Still at home with his Mum at 48.

Addicted to RedTube.

Still goes to bed with a hot water bottle.

And worst of all, the most sensitive part of his body whilst w4nking him self stupid, is his ears.
Old 24 December 2008, 06:19 PM
c-o-l-e
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stuart n

Thats the British legal system for you though, drivers are always easy picking's because police etc. are not required to prove beyond reasonable doubt.

These days you can go out and kill someone, go to prison and be free'd faster than a motorist can get 3 points removed from their license for doing 33mph in a 30 zone. The motorist may also being paying for it for another 5 years after in insurance premiums.

Last edited by c-o-l-e; 24 December 2008 at 06:23 PM.
Old 24 December 2008, 06:54 PM
Timwinner
Scooby Regular

Sods were out in town today too. I know that to avoid a ticket you should just park legally but....... Its Christmas.......
Old 24 December 2008, 06:55 PM
_Meridian_
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mus 1st class sti type r
hate the buggers but they got to work blame the government for giving them targets

Personally I blame it on people parking illegally.

M
Old 24 December 2008, 07:40 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Don't pay it, challenge it! Fairly easy to get off parking tickets if you know what to do. I've not paid a ticket for years & park for free everyday at train station too ...

Merry Xmas

TX.
Old 24 December 2008, 08:08 PM
Nate
Scooby Regular

I have noticed the same vehicle parked in the same spot a few times now on double-yellow lines ......... And was parked by someone who is/or has access to a disabled badge.

Normally, I do not have a problem with Disabled drivers parking on Double Yellow lines (as they are allowed to), But this certain vehicle parks in such a way that would block a Fire Appliance from getting through, it is a One Way road with parking down one side and double yellows the other, but when a vehicle parks on the Double yellows, it could be deemed dangerous.

I wish there was some way that something could be done about this ........ Especially as there is designated Disabled parking not 30 yards away.
Old 24 December 2008, 09:27 PM
s70rjw
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by c-o-l-e
Thats the British legal system for you though, drivers are always easy picking's because police etc. are not required to prove beyond reasonable doubt.

These days you can go out and kill someone, go to prison and be free'd faster than a motorist can get 3 points removed from their license for doing 33mph in a 30 zone. The motorist may also being paying for it for another 5 years after in insurance premiums.
Calm down, Flower. The OP did not get a ticket, nor was he murdered or anyone else murdered at that location at that time. Nor did he receive any points on his licence. What he stated was that an over vealous traffic warden was issuing tickets. No mention of the police. And ALL offencesin the UK must be proved beyond reasonable doubt. People known as Magistrates deal with such trivia as parking tickets, whilst judges and juries deal with murderers.
Old 24 December 2008, 09:32 PM
Aaron1978
Scooby Regular

you do know there is one way to put traffic wardens out of work.....................................

Park where your supposed to
Old 24 December 2008, 09:42 PM
serega
Scooby Regular

The funny thing is- wouldnt you rather parking was free for everyone and it was just harder to find a parking space ?
40 quid for a 5 minute overstay, 50 quid for forgetting to pay congestion charge - No wonder everyone is so stressed out. Who makes up those numbers anyway and what is behind them, who decides that parking shouldnt be free or at least bear a charge of 10 quid?

I can make up a much more fair system of punishment for failure to return to the car in the allocated time in 5 minutes - for example, create a parking card that you use everytime instead of paying with coins - just insert the card and it automatically charges you for as long as you are parked in that spot or create a penalty system that will add points to people who are illegally parked and will only charge people who are constantly offending , but nooo - of course they want to create pressure on people just to fill up the pockets of the fat beaurocrats that made this system up capitalist bull**** is really starting to get on my nerves.
Old 24 December 2008, 11:01 PM
r32
Scooby Regular

Are the signs or double yellows not visible?
Old 24 December 2008, 11:08 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Another use for National ID Cards ...

TX.

Originally Posted by serega
I can make up a much more fair system of punishment for failure to return to the car in the allocated time in 5 minutes - for example, create a parking card that you use everytime instead of paying with coins - just insert the card and it automatically charges you for as long as you are parked in that spot or create a penalty system that will add points to people who are illegally parked and will only charge people who are constantly offending ...
Old 25 December 2008, 11:49 AM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Scoobychick
Giving someone a parking ticket on Christmas Eve is mean It's a bit like giving someone here a warning....which of course I'd never do *innocent*
Your cards are marked missy
Old 25 December 2008, 04:49 PM
Luke
BANNED

its not a bank holiday

and the wardens dont feel happy as thousands will lose their jobs as it all becomes "pay by phone etc"

as the small shops find it harder to survive things will "heat up" and tention will get high between "us and them.

Thanks the likes of tescos etc.......;.are you not shocked as to why so many wardens are waiting around in the smaller high streets etc

your local head of councils are getting nice little " brown envelopes " from tescos etc to do as much damage to these small shops as possible