Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

That's a bit RUFF!!!!
Old 12 December 2008, 07:30 PM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's fixed anyway.

My Mrs used to work for the Kennel Club and the 'winner' was known well before the final dog was picked.
Old 12 December 2008, 07:47 PM
greenonedave
Scooby Regular

The BBC should pull out of Crufts after it produced that program that highlighted the various breed disorders that selective breeding had caused.
Old 12 December 2008, 08:26 PM
CLSII
Scooby Regular

Doggone
Old 12 December 2008, 08:36 PM
james baldwin
Scooby Regular

hopefully they'll drop eastenders next
Old 12 December 2008, 09:34 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

I'm intrigued by the comment that the best in show winner is known beforehand, as this would mean the whole contest is fixed, because the best in show lineup is formed from best in group, which in turn is formed from best of breed, which in turn is formed from various classes of the breed. There is also the fact that Crufts isn't an open competition, dogs must qualify at lesser shows during the previous year.

Thus the 'winner' would need to get qualified, and then win the breed and group title to get into the final to then win best in show.

I wouldn't be totally shocked to learn that the winner had been pre-picked from the final line-up for best in show, but only at that point, ie; not before the final line-up, as that would just completely stink.

One reason I watch Crufts is for the Gundogs, specifically Weimaraners, in the vain hope that I'll see my friend's hounds, as she's usually got one of her hounds qualified for Crufts (I think she's got two of them qualified for next year), wether it be in the ring, or some behind the scenes type filming.
If I were in the UK I'd probably pop up to the NEC to support her and the hounds, well, truth be told, it'd mainly be to play with the daft grey beasties
Old 12 December 2008, 09:34 PM
4X4BOB
Scooby Regular

The Kennel Club need a new name . . . .

Something along the lines of "The Genetically Deformed Club"

I feel sorry for the dogs!
Old 12 December 2008, 09:43 PM
Jamie
Super Muppet

Markus my next dog will be another black lab gun dog after her it will be a
Weimarane
Old 12 December 2008, 09:44 PM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Markus
I'm intrigued by the comment that the best in show winner is known beforehand, as this would mean the whole contest is fixed, because the best in show lineup is formed from best in group, which in turn is formed from best of breed, which in turn is formed from various classes of the breed. There is also the fact that Crufts isn't an open competition, dogs must qualify at lesser shows during the previous year.

Thus the 'winner' would need to get qualified, and then win the breed and group title to get into the final to then win best in show.

I wouldn't be totally shocked to learn that the winner had been pre-picked from the final line-up for best in show, but only at that point, ie; not before the final line-up, as that would just completely stink.

One reason I watch Crufts is for the Gundogs, specifically Weimaraners, in the vain hope that I'll see my friend's hounds, as she's usually got one of her hounds qualified for Crufts (I think she's got two of them qualified for next year), wether it be in the ring, or some behind the scenes type filming.
If I were in the UK I'd probably pop up to the NEC to support her and the hounds, well, truth be told, it'd mainly be to play with the daft grey beasties
My other half used to tell me the winner about an hour before it was 'picked'. It was the same every year.

She was right every time. The whole show undustry is rigged and abused for profit/status.

There's little restriction put on breeders hence the disgusting and really ill animals they put out as perfect, when they're born defective for the price of fitting a breed standard.

Markus - final line up is where it's picked from. Just been informed. Not rigged from the start, but helped.

Last edited by fatherpierre; 12 December 2008 at 09:47 PM.
Old 12 December 2008, 09:57 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

FP, Ah, well, as said, I'm not overly shocked by it being the final line up thing. It's sometimes pretty obvious from the first look a judge has which one they are going to pick.
Old 12 December 2008, 10:35 PM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

FP, Ah, well, as said, I'm not overly shocked by it being the final line up thing. It's sometimes pretty obvious from the first look a judge has which one they are going to pick.

It's still fraud.

All those millions of viewers thinking little tiddles has a chance......
Old 13 December 2008, 02:24 AM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

One reason I watch Crufts is for the Gundogs, specifically Weimaraners, in the vain hope that I'll see my friend's hounds, as she's usually got one of her hounds qualified for Crufts
You still want one don't you?! Tia is a lovely pooch so any offspring would surely be just as good.

Long time since I've had contact with Weim's, but I'm happy with Retrievers. Would be nice in the future if I could have some Goldie's of my own. Wishful thinking for now.

As for Crufts being fixed, it wouldn't surprise me.
Old 13 December 2008, 08:59 AM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[unclebuck]
I'm surprised the left-wing lentil-eating propagandists at the BBC have persisted for so long with such an elitist and divisive event!
[/unclebuck]

Old 13 December 2008, 10:48 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I shall miss seeing Crufts although I don't agree with the misbreeding affair.

Les