Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Asda giving £60 parking tickets

Search this Thread

Old 12 December 2008, 05:53 PM
bob r
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Asda giving £60 parking tickets

By parking in a disabled space without holding the correct badge shoppers can face a £60 fine. Has anyone else heard of this?

How can this be enforced [legally] and who would issue the ticket. £60 is way to harsh imo.
Old 12 December 2008, 05:54 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Indeed, a thorough beating would suffice..!

Last edited by dpb; 12 December 2008 at 06:11 PM.
Old 12 December 2008, 06:03 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

One of the only reasons I can see for an exception to the fine is if you happen to be driving someone who is disabled, thus your car would not have the badge on it. In that situation I'd contest the fine. If you're just chancing your luck by parking in a disabled space when you're not disabled then you deserve to be fined. I don't think £60 is harsh, in fact, I think a nice round £100 would be better.
Old 12 December 2008, 06:11 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

They should do the same to the pillocks in the mother and baby spots without any kids. You'll rarely see any of these spaces 'wasted' like you do with disabled spaces.
Old 12 December 2008, 06:14 PM
sti degsy
Scooby Regular

i dont think £60 is harsh! its simple if your not disabled dont park in the bays they`re there for a reason if you do you deserve the fine, i work for asda and they have started searching every hour for cars without blue badges its one of the biggest complaints.
Old 12 December 2008, 06:15 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

If its a council owned car park then a council warden can issue a fine that is hard to get out of. If Asda own their own carpark then they can still issue a ticket (legislation was brought in to allow this a few years ago). They can be enforced through a court, although it is harder for them to enforce it if its not on council land.
Old 12 December 2008, 06:28 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

They have been doing this for a couple of years, infact nearly everywhere does this now and I have heard of bigger fines. Its all private land and there are signs up everywhere to tell you not to do it. Another favorite is a huge fine for parking on double yellows in a free car park as I have been caught that way before
Old 12 December 2008, 06:32 PM
logiclee
Scooby Regular

Should be higher IMO

How about "Park in a disabled bay and we'll knee cap one leg to give you an excuse"

Cheers
Lee
Old 12 December 2008, 06:41 PM
druddle
Scooby Regular

They do this at Tesco in Pitsea, Essex, and i have seen so many occasions where meatheads have almost pulverised the guys issuing the tickets.....
Old 12 December 2008, 06:51 PM
ScoobyDriverWannabe
Scooby Regular

Asda seem to be really clamping down on it, they are fining people who over stay the 2 hour limit aswell.

Got a disabled badge for my dad but its not worth the hastle using it. Would think id commited mass genicide some of the looks we get.

I took me dad to asda on monday, before i got a chance to turn the ignition off & get the badge from the glovebox i had a hitler running across ranting at me explaining id parked in a disabled bay.

He seemed a bit remorseful after seing my dad struggling to walk across the car park & apologised as we was on our way back.
Old 12 December 2008, 07:03 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

People who park on the doorstep are prats anyway. I often follow cars into the car park, and after I've peeled off to park a reasonable distance away, just beyond the main body of already parked cars, locked up and walked to the store, I usually see the car I was following lapping around the spaces near the door. One time I actually went in, bought what I wanted (sarnie for w*rk) and came out to find the idiot just locking up his car Every day I see more and more evidence to suggest that I am superior in every way to the majority of the peoples of this country
Old 12 December 2008, 07:07 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

I think a mandatory kneecapping would suffice for people parking in disabled bays who have no disability and are therefore fat lazy inconsiderate sub human scum. No need to fine them aswell...

As for the old mother and baby debate - they have no juristiction in my world and are nothing but a marketing ploy to beckon in parents who cant be arsed shopping when their kids are at grans / nursery / with other parent. Fair game those spaces be.
Old 12 December 2008, 07:10 PM
zip106
Scooby Regular

I think it's a good thing.
More shops should do it.

It doesn't surprise me being Asda, though.
All those fat retards who shop there can't walk from the able-bodied spaces, and they certainly can't walk all that way back with a trolley full of crisps, chocolate and pork pies.
Oh, and a bottle of Diet Coke.

Which brings me onto the 'Parent & Child' spaces.

At Sainsburys last week I parked in a 'normal' space as I always do, with my 3 year old son.
As we walked past the 'Parent & Child' spaces a woman got out of her car with 2 kids.
They both had school uniforms on and must have been at least 12-13 years old.

I suppose she took the signs literally, though.
Old 12 December 2008, 07:11 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

I've got a 1yo and have never used a P&B space. I still prefer to park a distance back in a nice clear space away from all the other scum. I don't usually take him anyway, as Abdabz hints, supermarkets are no place for kids, especially young ones, so he stays at home with one or the other of us unless his attendance is required or unavoidable. I don't see why shopping is a family task anyway. Even as a bloke I can do the whole thing in under an hour, take the wimmin and brat and you can triple that, and the bill increases too. **** that
Old 12 December 2008, 07:14 PM
greenonedave
Scooby Regular

does anybody begrudge the disabled area ? so why the problem with the fine .
Old 12 December 2008, 07:14 PM
zip106
Scooby Regular

Me and my lad usually do it on a Friday and we're in and out in about 40 mins.

And we always park right at the back out the way, even when it's raining.
Old 12 December 2008, 07:16 PM
scunnered
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Where I live, the car park at Asda is shared by the adjacent shopping centre and has a two hour limit. Its monitored by sensors at each parking bay. The parking enforcement is run by a private company who will issue a "parking enforcement notice" (not to be confused with a court approved "fixed penalty notice"). Most people will pay up if they receive this official looking form, however it is not enforceable and you can just ignore it, no matter how heavy handed they get.
In my opinion it should be enforceable by law for disabled spaces. As for parent and child bays, I'll use them whenever I can because of the extra room. A disabled person does not choose to be disabled, but they still have to shop. An able bodied adult not only chooses to have children, but also chooses to take that child shopping, so why should they get special treatment?
Old 12 December 2008, 07:37 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Originally Posted by scunnered
An able bodied adult not only chooses to have children, but also chooses to take that child shopping, so why should they get special treatment?
They don't. They get slightly bigger spaces, dotted around the car park to make it easier to get a baby and buggy etc, out of the car without banging into another car with the open door. You should try to get that done in an ordinary space. Not easy

As for the OP, splendid idea. It should be more. The lazy folks who use the disabled spaces should be flogged.
Old 12 December 2008, 07:40 PM
zip106
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 84of300
... should be flogged.
For how much?
I wouldn't want to buy one. 'Specially from Asda.
Old 12 December 2008, 07:40 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hutton_d
Though the badge should have a photo of the disabled on it IMHO ....
Disabled badges have had photographs on them for several years.
Old 12 December 2008, 07:41 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

Never use the supermarket ones, but am guilty of using them at Wicks, (A builders shop) Very small car park and over half is taken up with disabled and parent and children spaces.
Old 12 December 2008, 07:43 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by hutton_d
Next time you see a parent and kid getting out the car just watch how little thought the kid has for cars next to it. Get a few dents and you may change your mind.
Nope, just confirms that there are lots of idiots about who can't teach their brats respect for other peoples property
Old 12 December 2008, 07:44 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Originally Posted by zip106
For how much?
I wouldn't want to buy one. 'Specially from Asda.

I was trying to be polite. I really would like to rip their heads off. Better
Old 12 December 2008, 07:44 PM
Mark1983
Scooby Regular

Old 12 December 2008, 07:45 PM
zip106
Scooby Regular

Another one that makes me laugh - leisure centres.

At mine, people drive round for ages waiting for a space near the doors.
Why?
Surely you're going there to do some form of exercise.
Why not start off at the back of the car park and do a little warm-up walk first
Old 12 December 2008, 07:46 PM
zip106
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 84of300

I was trying to be polite. I really would like to rip their heads off. Better
Much
Old 12 December 2008, 07:47 PM
zip106
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mark1983
Then bugger orf to another one, then.

Old 12 December 2008, 07:47 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

Originally Posted by scunnered
As for parent and child bays, I'll use them whenever I can because of the extra room. A disabled person does not choose to be disabled, but they still have to shop. An able bodied adult not only chooses to have children, but also chooses to take that child shopping, so why should they get special treatment?
It's 'special treatment' as you have to open the doors fully to extract children and place them in the trolley safely, thereby minimising damage to surrounding cars and decreasing the liklehood of that child getting damaged by other cars. In my case, 2 children aged 20 months and 10 months.

Sometimes it's unavoidable to take kids with you shopping. It's a shame that you think the spaces are provided for lazy parents, when in fact they are for the safety of children and other people's property.

Before I had kids, or when they're left at home I park well away from the shop.

In fact, why don't you pop by one day and juggle with 2 babies and a trolley full of shopping in a normal space well away from the shop between 2 cars; it might make you stop before you post up some ignorant drivel next time.

Quick Reply: Asda giving £60 parking tickets