Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

bouncers. legalised gangs.

Search this Thread

Old 05 December 2008, 07:00 PM
subaruturbo_18
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bouncers. legalised gangs.

Last night i was out with my mates, we were in oceana in brighton. iv lost one of my mates called Charlie, so im looking for him, standing in the corner looking from there. Next thing i know a bouncer has asked me to leave...

I asked him why, he responded, "youve been pointed out mate" I said what do you mean? he took me out of he main room into the corridor and said someones pointed you out and you have to leave. I asked what i had done and he wouldn't tell me. Suddenyl the doors burst open again and charlie has been dragged out and put to the floor (hes only a small lad), again i asked what charlie and i had done and he just said we have got to go. We were walked up the stairs and on the way out charlie was taken into a "medical" room (ironic since he went in there fine and came out needing medical treatment). he got dragged in to this room and the door was slammed shut, i wasn't aloud in.

I demanded to know what was happening in there but they would not say, they caled another bouncer open to guard the door, at this point i was fuming and concerned for my mate. i shouted "what is going on i want to know right now" so the bouncer opened the dooor and let me in. I proceeded to walk in to find charlie sat on a stall in the corner with his face covered in blood.

we then both got chucked out, im pissed off and charlie was a state, we saw a police man and told him, he said he will leave it but we should report it in the morning.

The rest of my mates caught up and asked what had happened, we told them, so they walked over to the bouncer, charlie and i followed. My other mate, gilly, asked why they did that to him, pointed out htat he was only small and there was about 6 big men who did it.

suddenly its broken out, Charlie who was standing there got shoved to the floor for asking what he had done wrong in the first place, and his head hit against the floor hard enough for me to hear a bang from about 8 feet away. Gilly got taken out and punched, i stepped back and thought theres no point in trying to get involed, so got my phone out and filmed it since i knew they were all in the wrong (i must have loked a right tit here). so then a bouncer came up to me, and told me to **** off, in an aggressive manor, i said "why, iim not on your property, or doing anything wrong, just like my mates werent doing anything wrong" he shouted at me again telling me to **** off, and told me how i was annoying him. he backed down, then another bouncer walked up to me tightening his fists, i said "what are you going to do mate" he stood there in silence for a second then backed down aswell. the original bouncer walked up to me, called me a ***** and told me to turn my camera off, i said i wasnt going to so hee smashed my phone out of my hand sending it flying and smashing into pieces.

got the phone working but the video did not save as the battery came out.

police came over gain, and we told them what happened, and they got arsey with us, told us to go home and diddnt want to know.

What iis the world coming to if bouncers who are supposed to guard doors and protect the club and other people, start fights and lock people in rooms to give them a kick-in? and then whats worse is the police don't even want to know?
Old 05 December 2008, 07:06 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Graham Greene allover !
Old 05 December 2008, 07:10 PM
Dan W
Scooby Regular

Location: Secretly saving for another Blobeye STI. Crystal Grey. Widetrack

New Labour - Elected Gangsters
Old 05 December 2008, 07:11 PM
Timwinner
Scooby Regular

You need to report it again. Police get 100 complaints from seemingly drunk guys outside clubs. If you follow the correct channels it will take time but if enough of you saw an assault take place then there will be enough statements to investigate.

I understand its very annoying and I understand you felt you have been done wrong by.
Make an official complaint to the police. A statement will be taken and it will be looked at.
Now I believe there will be a few replies saying I am talking rubbish and the police do nothing, This is not the case, If you approach the matter in the a sensible fashion it will get resolved.

I make my money from law.... trust me
Old 05 December 2008, 07:15 PM
subaruturbo_18
Scooby Regular

forgot to mention, after what had happened to charlie, he had to go to hospital.

timwinner, it was reported to the police by both me and charlie this morning. its being dealt with by brighton police.

i just hope for once, and for the first time in my dealings, that something is done and its not left alone..

Last edited by subaruturbo_18; 05 December 2008 at 07:16 PM.
Old 05 December 2008, 07:21 PM
Timwinner
Scooby Regular

You'll be ok bud, They should be able to get a good amount of statements from you and your friends. That will be enough to get a file together for court, Even if the bouncer goes not guilty a few good statements will get it to CPS.

Fingers crossed for you but I for one have faith in the force down there.
Old 05 December 2008, 07:27 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

....and the moral of the story is: don't lose charlie in a club because if the bouncers find charlie, they'll take charlie into the 'medical room' and cut charlie up between them.
Old 05 December 2008, 07:30 PM
+Doc+
Scooby Senior

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

There is no smoke without fire normally, were you all hammered and gobby?
Old 05 December 2008, 07:32 PM
subaruturbo_18
Scooby Regular

Cheeers for the comment tim

hopefully mine and Charlies, and a girl i know who saw part of it will be enough.
Old 05 December 2008, 07:35 PM
Dedrater
Scooby Regular

Charlie is a girls name
Old 05 December 2008, 07:35 PM
subaruturbo_18
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by +Doc+
There is no smoke without fire normally, were you all hammered and gobby?
we'll i was looking for charlie at the time, my other mates were else where. so i don't no what charlie did/diddnt do when he got kicked out. hes not a violent person so i really don't know what he could have done.

and we had been drinking but were doing no harm, just out for a good night.

Even so if we had been kicked out for doing something wrong, there is still no excuse for the way the bouncers acted?
Old 05 December 2008, 07:37 PM
subaruturbo_18
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dedrater
Charlie is a girls name
And sticking out your tongue in that fashion is a very girly thing to do. Would you like his number?
Old 05 December 2008, 07:40 PM
Dedrater
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by subaruturbo_18
And sticking out your tongue in that fashion is a very girly thing to do. Would you like his number?
Yes please, I only give though, but I close my eyes so its not one bit a gayer thing to do
Old 05 December 2008, 07:40 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

YouTube - Prodigy Charley Video & check out www.ravehistory.co.uk
Old 05 December 2008, 07:42 PM
RJM25R
Scooby Regular

Last night i was out with my mates, we were in oceana in brighton. iv lost one of my mates called Charlie, so im looking for him, standing in the corner looking from there. Next thing i know a bouncer has asked me to leave...

I asked him why, he responded, "youve been pointed out mate" I said what do you mean? he took me out of he main room into the corridor and said someones pointed you out and you have to leave. I asked what i had done and he wouldn't tell me. Suddenyl the doors burst open again and charlie has been dragged out and put to the floor (hes only a small lad), again i asked what charlie and i had done and he just said we have got to go. We were walked up the stairs and on the way out charlie was taken into a "medical" room (ironic since he went in there fine and came out needing medical treatment). he got dragged in to this room and the door was slammed shut, i wasn't aloud in.

I demanded to know what was happening in there but they would not say, they caled another bouncer open to guard the door, at this point i was fuming and concerned for my mate. i shouted "what is going on i want to know right now" so the bouncer opened the dooor and let me in. I proceeded to walk in to find charlie sat on a stall in the corner with his face covered in blood.

we then both got chucked out, im pissed off and charlie was a state, we saw a police man and told him, he said he will leave it but we should report it in the morning.

The rest of my mates caught up and asked what had happened, we told them, so they walked over to the bouncer, charlie and i followed. My other mate, gilly, asked why they did that to him, pointed out htat he was only small and there was about 6 big men who did it.

then whats worse is the police don't even want to know?

So, let me get this right. You've been asked to leave 3 times by the doorman, but you decline to take his advice? I'd have just gone, because these things have a habit of escalating, as described above!

Did you, at any point, shout "I've lost Charlie?" or "WHERE'S CHARLIE?"

They may have thought you were takin the pi$$,
Old 05 December 2008, 07:42 PM
scarey
Scooby Regular

this happened to me once in the atlantic bar and grill in london (think it's shut now). Me, girlfriend and another couple. I walked all round the place trying to find somewhere to sit and then when walking back to them got thrown out. Didnt say anything, wasnt drunk as the pint i was carrying was first pint of the night but got thrown out anyway. They wouldnt tell me why also. Maybe carrying a pint in a bar is now banned? Oh and I've never been thrown out of anywhere else in my life, and I'm about as non-descript and forgettable as you can get.
Old 05 December 2008, 07:50 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Charlie says.....
Old 05 December 2008, 08:07 PM
jaytc2003
Scooby Regular

sorry to say but I doubt the cops will do anything. The bouncers are sort of the police for their clubs/pubs. Unfortunately you had been drinking alonmg with your mates and the bouncers word will mean more than yours (assuming licensed bouncer etc)
Old 05 December 2008, 08:14 PM
Luke
BANNED

The moment he was taken to the medical room , they would have had to follow a legal procedure. A qualified First Aider would have to attend. Go back and ask the manager for the medical record book. Also demand copies of all the CCTV taken during that time. Then tell him you will be taking the matter to the courts etc. No club in the Uk can afford bad press etc now.
Now you and "charlie" could be a silly pair of tossers? And could be the type to get mouthy ? we dont know. But Golden Rule number one is "dont argue" if your sober etc and done nothing wrong. leave as requested and if upset , write in and try to get it sorted, "Door Bone heads" dont tend to be very bright even on a good day. But arguing with them is pointless.
Old 05 December 2008, 08:45 PM
Dedrater
Scooby Regular

On another note, has anyone else noticed since the new laws for door men have come in (last year?) most are now quite athletic/normal looking? in my day they were just pumped up steroid waterbags.
Old 05 December 2008, 08:51 PM
yoza
BANNED

It has been said before...........Never take Charlie in a nightclub, end of.

You were told that you were "pointed out".

If a regular in a pub/club approaches a door steward and points out a lad who has been anoying to her, learing, spilling his drink, being loud etc, the steward will act upon it, right or wrong, even if he has not seen the problem.

If the steward then approaches the said lad and he IS obnoxious, then he is out, thats how it is, even if he has done nothing wrong.

10 years ago and more, bouncers were not vetted/trained or badged. if you think they are bad now, you needed to be around then.

Ive worked with complete animals who climb the ladder by banging out pi55ed defencless students......or play the chain game, were they throw parralletic young lads out the door by the scruff of the neck and keep hold of thier neck chains, weighing them in on Monday mornings, I would like to think things have changed.
Old 05 December 2008, 08:55 PM
subaruturbo_18
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RJM25R
So, let me get this right. You've been asked to leave 3 times by the doorman, but you decline to take his advice? I'd have just gone, because these things have a habit of escalating, as described above!

Did you, at any point, shout "I've lost Charlie?" or "WHERE'S CHARLIE?"

They may have thought you were takin the pi$$,
no i diddnt shout anything like that i was just looking in the club for him.

the bouncer asked me to leave, so then i walked with him where he took me to the main corridor, he then stopped and waited, i guess for the other bouncers to bring charlie out, and while we were standing there i asked him again. then charlie was brought out by bouncers and then i asked what he had done for the bouncer to respond with the same answer. so i diddnt decline his advice, i just questioned it.
Old 05 December 2008, 09:01 PM
subaruturbo_18
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Luke
The moment he was taken to the medical room , they would have had to follow a legal procedure. A qualified First Aider would have to attend. Go back and ask the manager for the medical record book. Also demand copies of all the CCTV taken during that time. Then tell him you will be taking the matter to the courts etc. No club in the Uk can afford bad press etc now.
Now you and "charlie" could be a silly pair of tossers? And could be the type to get mouthy ? we dont know. But Golden Rule number one is "dont argue" if your sober etc and done nothing wrong. leave as requested and if upset , write in and try to get it sorted, "Door Bone heads" dont tend to be very bright even on a good day. But arguing with them is pointless.

thats some very good advice there, thanks for that. in relation to the rest of your post, your absolutely correct, we could be a couple of tossers, but i know what i have told you is truth, and we definately weren't out to cause trouble etc.
Old 05 December 2008, 09:05 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

My step-brother is a licensed doorman, he see's alsorts of drunken idiots, knife carrying nutters, druggies, trouble makers and mouthy dumbasses. He's been trained to deal with them all in differing ways.

Usually, as said, there is a decent reason for someone to be thrown out. I don't know what's happened here but as you yourself said, you don't know what Charlie might have done in your absence, anything could have been done or said and you standing up for him, with no idea what has actually happened, has basically put you in the firing line as well.

Best thing to do, once you had asked why you were being ejected and had no reply, would have been to leave, go somewhere else and enjoy the rest of the night or go home.

A group of drunken persons, angry and protective over their mate, fronting a load of bouncers and not dispersing or moving on when asked/told to, is a sure way to get a slap, whatever may have happened.

There is probably more to this and we're only hearing one side, so I won't judge either way.

Also, as seen on here many times, alcohol is not a great one for helping people be more diplomatic, judge things properly or hold a decent conversation/argument. I'm sure it didn't help here either tbh.
Old 05 December 2008, 09:05 PM
subaruturbo_18
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by yoza
It has been said before...........Never take Charlie in a nightclub, end of.

You were told that you were "pointed out".

If a regular in a pub/club approaches a door steward and points out a lad who has been anoying to her, learing, spilling his drink, being loud etc, the steward will act upon it, right or wrong, even if he has not seen the problem.

If the steward then approaches the said lad and he IS obnoxious, then he is out, thats how it is, even if he has done nothing wrong.

10 years ago and more, bouncers were not vetted/trained or badged. if you think they are bad now, you needed to be around then.

Ive worked with complete animals who climb the ladder by banging out pi55ed defencless students......or play the chain game, were they throw parralletic young lads out the door by the scruff of the neck and keep hold of thier neck chains, weighing them in on Monday mornings, I would like to think things have changed.
I understand that part, and was leaving the club when he asked, but if you genuinly felt that you had done nothing wrong, then you would question it?
Old 05 December 2008, 09:06 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

last time i went clubbing a good few years back (only me and the missus) i had only been in the bloody place about 20 mins and a load of them came storming into the bogs and dragged me out as i was supposed to be some kind of big time drug dealer, they found a few pills on me (was a fooken hardhouse night after all lol) and kept banging on about "where's the rest"

i did not have a clue what they were talking about, but ended up going down the station and getting a caution, the coppers even said it was a bit of a waste of time, but it had to be done.

anyway, i never went out clubbing ever again, for what it was worth it was my last proper "clubbing" trip anyway and i had planned to stop doing the whole clubbing thing afterwards as i was sick of it.

for what its worth i have always made a point of speaking with doormen on the way in, even if its just a simple "alright lads" or "hows it going"

but this event i went to had no body on the door when we arrived as we arrived at opening time (was the last one so the plan was to do the whole night in a messy style D
Old 05 December 2008, 09:12 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by StickyMicky
last time i went clubbing a good few years back (only me and the missus) i had only been in the bloody place about 20 mins and a load of them came storming into the bogs and dragged me out as i was supposed to be some kind of big time drug dealer, they found a few pills on me (was a fooken hardhouse night after all lol) and kept banging on about "where's the rest"

i did not have a clue what they were talking about, but ended up going down the station and getting a caution, the coppers even said it was a bit of a waste of time, but it had to be done.

anyway, i never went out clubbing ever again, for what it was worth it was my last proper "clubbing" trip anyway and i had planned to stop doing the whole clubbing thing afterwards as i was sick of it.

for what its worth i have always made a point of speaking with doormen on the way in, even if its just a simple "alright lads" or "hows it going"

but this event i went to had no body on the door when we arrived as we arrived at opening time (was the last one so the plan was to do the whole night in a messy style D
With all respect, being found with drugs then being thrown out and reported to the police for it is not something you can say is unfair. I know a lot of bouncers might just take the pills and let you get on with things but come on, it's not as though you were completely innocent on that one
Old 05 December 2008, 09:15 PM
Dedrater
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by StickyMicky

This makes no sense to the thread, but is a good sentimental read. ha Love them garys
Old 05 December 2008, 09:17 PM
Luke
BANNED

thats some very good advice there, thanks for that. in relation to the rest of your post, your absolutely correct, we could be a couple of tossers, but i know what i have told you is truth, and we definately weren't out to cause trouble etc.

what would you expect from me ? !!!

The art is knowing when to back off and attack when your ready and calm.

In any confrontation like this the "art" is not to react. let them have their little bit of Power and go home. Then never ever return. Bone heads tend not to forget faces.

Also make a complaint to the police. I would have called 999 the moment you saw your mate covered in blood. Then asked for the club manager to remain with you until the Police ambulance arrived.

Clubs now are scared of issues and the law etc. Door staff are as mentioned better behaved. 29 years ago in Hereford. there use to be a guy who most thought was a hippy and possibly homeless. Would walk around mid winter in sandels etc. Long hair and looked like a vegetarian jesus !

one day he was walking pass "Cherries" disco and a "new " bouncer got verbal with him and started to abuse this guy. The guy just walked off , But as he did the bouncer spat on him.

what took place next lives in history, 2 of the bouncers new the guy and backed of quick. the mouthy one and a dumb one stayed! "Jesus" split the guys head totaly open. The guy was lucky to live. The other one got away with a broken arm, leg and jaw.

Bouncers these days are all too aware that a knife etc can be so fast a deadly. They tend to be far more polite and use brains rather than muscle.
Old 05 December 2008, 09:22 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Luke
Bouncers these days are all too aware that a knife etc can be so fast a deadly. They tend to be far more polite and use brains rather than muscle.
Absolutely, my step-bro was at a well publicised incident in a club last year where a guy was stabbed several times at the bar of a club, the bouncers had to try and look after the guy as he died in their arms.

Quick Reply: bouncers. legalised gangs.