Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Nigerian email scam

Search this Thread

Old 16 November 2008, 03:27 PM
Mark A
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nigerian email scam

I reveiced this yesterday and thought it was worth a play. I now seem to have a really good bite so I want to spin this out for sometime, any suggestions?

Mark

"Hi,

I am in hurry writing you this short message, i traveled to Nigeria and i got my self stranded.I am really stranded in Nigeria because I forgot my little bag in the Taxi where my money, phone, documents and other valuable things were kept on my way to the Hotel am staying, I am facing a hard time here because i have no money on me. I am now owing a hotel bill of £1050 and they wanted me to pay the bill soon else they will have to seize my bag and hand me over to the Hotel Management., I need this help from you urgently to help me back home,need you to help me with the hotel bill and i will also need £1600 to feed and help myself back home so please can you help me with a sum of £2650 to sort out my problems here.I am sending you this e-mail from the Hotel i am staying and I only have 30 min, I will appreciate what so ever you can afford to send me for now and I promise to pay back your money as soon as i return home, so please let me know on time so that i can forward you the details you need to transfer the money through Money Gram or Western Union.

Please get back to me as soon as possible, I really need you to help me out of this situation.

Thank you"

My Reply

"I am so sorry to hear about your terrible predicament. I am very worried about the safety of wiring you any money but happy to send you my bank details so hopefully you can withdraw enough money to cover the hotel bill, If you need more then I'll have too visit the Bank on Monday to arrange a transfer.

I hope the weather is nice in Nigeria becuase its awful back at home.

What are you doing in Africa, is it a wedding or are you buying flowers?

Much Love Jules"

My wife is called Jules BTW

"Sorry for the late reply,i was unable to reply to your mail earlier due to the fact the Hotel manager is angry with me and i don't know what to do,he only allow me to check my mail once in a day,Thanks for the mail and i do appreciate that you want to send me your bank details so that i can withdraw the money needed to come back home,i would have loved to do as you wish but i can't due to the fact that the connection here is bad as i can't access my account here because the connection says error and interuted.

Please kindly transfer the money to me through Western Union money transfer or Money Gram so as to enable me to get back home in time,the reason why i want you to send me the money through Western Union is that they are fast and reliable and scam free.

If you send me the money and scan the receipt that will be given to you in the Western Union outlet,i will easily cash the funds here and will pay my bills because the weather here is bad and i can't get myself as i'm having fever,please get back to me and just to let you know that am facing serious embarassment here,the hotel manager told me last night that if i don't pay the hotel bill by Monday he will easily sent me out and that will be a shame me on me,please don't let me down,i'm afriad because i might be sent out of the hotel if you don help me and please assure me that you are going to send me the money on Monday.

Here's my details below :-

Receiver's Name :- ******

Receiver's Address :- 109 Campus Cresent,Ebute Metta
23401,Nigeria

Text Question :- What for

Text Answer :- Emergency

I'll be expecting you to get back to me with the sender's name and address or you can scan and attach the receipt to me.

Hope to hear from you.

God bless"
Old 16 November 2008, 04:05 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

Scamming the scammers is always the best policy 419eaters gave me hours of entertainment a couple of years back
The time they spend replying to people scamming them is time they arent spending fleecing someone who really is retarded enough to fall for the tripe they send so keep up the good work and think of it as charity work because you are saving the hard earned cash of the "special people"
Old 16 November 2008, 04:10 PM
PhilMcAvitie
Scooby Regular

Whats wrong with helping a fellow human in need?
Send him a half eaten sandwich to be going on with
Old 16 November 2008, 04:16 PM
c-o-l-e
Scooby Regular

Send him a broken toilet with a huge value marked on the customs sheet

419eater and the scam baiter have given me hour after hour of amusement
Old 16 November 2008, 04:47 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

I don't understand this scam......

Where's your reward/incentive for helping this poor man out? dl
Old 16 November 2008, 04:50 PM
Iwan.
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by David Lock
I don't understand this scam......

Where's your reward/incentive for helping this poor man out? dl
It's nearly Xmas - surely you can afford a few pounds for the poor bloke?
Old 16 November 2008, 05:50 PM
PaulC72
Scooby Regular

If you give me your bank details I'll transfer half the money so you can send it to him
Old 16 November 2008, 06:00 PM
rbaz
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by PaulC72
If you give me your bank details I'll transfer half the money so you can send it to him
Old 16 November 2008, 06:19 PM
ScoobyDriverWannabe
Scooby Regular

Old 17 November 2008, 08:38 PM
Mark A
Scooby Regular

Quick update; day 3 of the Nigerian Scam

Helen, you really don't sound like yourself. You must be terribly ill. Would you like me to send you your medication by DHL? I have arranged to take time off work tomorrow morning to sort out the money.
Are you on your own or is your mum with you?
Stay calm and remember we are all keeping you in our prayers. I bet Nigerian telly is crap!
Lol Jules x

Good Morning,

I'll like you to please keep me updated on what's going on.

Hope to hear from you

Hi Helen

I hope we find you in good spirits and you are feeling better than yesterday, I pray it's not the malaria that has not taken a hold.

Good and bad news for today.

I went to the bank today but during the night we've had a minor earthquake, which set off the fire alarms and the sprinkler system has wet all the money, so the bank was closed today. The bank manager Mr Uve Binhad says tomorrow should be Ok to wire the money to West Union Bank so first thing I'll send a email with the paperwork.

While at work I spoke with Mr Barder who by coincidence has a small transport plane travelling to Lagos in Nigeria to collect some leather handbags. If you can get yourself to Lagos airport for Thursday I'm sure Douglas would be able to squeeze you onto his small plane, it's a Fokker with a pretty green & brown colur with some red and blue dots on it.

Mr Bader says that Lagos is famous for handbags and I wonder if once we've sorted out the payment you could bring some back with you, we might even be able to make a small profit. If you are bored you could visit the local markets and estabilish if this is possible.

Anyway must dash as I have to meet Anett Kurtain she just does not seem able to pull herself together at moment.

Lol Jules X

Mark A
Old 17 November 2008, 08:47 PM
scoobyverysoon
.......*SMACS*...........

Location: Manchester - Official SMACS Cleaning Freak who suffers from OCD

quality
Old 17 November 2008, 09:02 PM
Luke-Avfc
Scooby Regular

That's Brilliant - Best thing I've read in ages ...
Old 17 November 2008, 11:03 PM
Mark A
Scooby Regular

Right tonight I have download a copy of a Western Union money transfer and plan to complete it with some of the following details (below) can you guess the who's postal address & telephone number it might be?

NSY
Broadway
London
SW1H 0BG

+44 207 230 1212

I just need someone high profile J, Julie or Jules McD...... to finish it off, any ideas?

Mark A
Old 17 November 2008, 11:30 PM
wiley
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

trying it lol

wiley
Old 18 November 2008, 12:23 AM
scoobyvirgin
Scooby Regular

New Scotland yard at a guess
Old 18 November 2008, 10:04 AM
austinwrx
Scooby Regular

you need to go on 419 eater and read the threads there for advice etc. its prob the best and funniest stuff I've ever read on the net
Old 18 November 2008, 07:20 PM
Mark A
Scooby Regular

My pet scammer has gone very quiet. I hope Microsoft have not pulled the plug, if they have I'm gonna right a letter of complaint.

Mark