Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

F*cking next door neighbours

Search this Thread

Old 06 November 2008, 09:18 PM
The Dogs B******s
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default F*cking next door neighbours

Our neighbour is a taxi driver,when he's on nights we're not allowed to fart during the day incase we wake him up,but its ok for to be drilling at 9:15pm when my kids are in bed Sorry just a little rant
Old 06 November 2008, 09:19 PM
Wish
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Feking Leather ****'s
Old 06 November 2008, 09:32 PM
The Dogs B******s
Scooby Regular

Last night it went on until 10:30pm
Old 06 November 2008, 09:33 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

next time he does that, get a valve core remover and "borrow" the valve cores on his taxi. Wont damage the tyres, but will deprive them of a little air
Why not hang on to them for a few weeks? Then when you get bored return then by taping them to his windscreen with the note "Borrowed valve cores returned. Cheers mate!"
astraboy.
Old 06 November 2008, 09:38 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

report him to the local council and start a diary of the noise. if you complain enough they will come round with a mic and record the noise levels.

hth
Old 06 November 2008, 09:44 PM
The Dogs B******s
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by astraboy
next time he does that, get a valve core remover and "borrow" the valve cores on his taxi. Wont damage the tyres, but will deprive them of a little air
Why not hang on to them for a few weeks? Then when you get bored return then by taping them to his windscreen with the note "Borrowed valve cores returned. Cheers mate!"
astraboy.
Old 06 November 2008, 09:44 PM
scoobynewbie72
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by shaggy1973
report him to the local council and start a diary of the noise. if you complain enough they will come round with a mic and record the noise levels.

hth
Wow James u been on the peace pipe mate, but the right advice, get ya video camera time and date setup and use that as well as keeping a written log as said above.
Old 06 November 2008, 09:45 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 06 November 2008, 09:45 PM
The Dogs B******s
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by shaggy1973

hth
Dont get me started,there as bad with parking,5 cars and only enough space for 1.
Old 06 November 2008, 09:49 PM
Lisawrx

Have you tried just asking him to keep it down at night? It's only fair he shows you that decency, considering he expects it from you, when it suits him.

Don't get me started on the parking of taxi drivers though. We have one a couple of doors up, and he has to be the most inconsiderate **** going.
Old 06 November 2008, 09:50 PM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

We don't have any neighbours.

It's the best luxury in the World...
Old 06 November 2008, 09:51 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

Location: Newcastle. 330bhp-289lb/ft @ 1bar boost - 12.4s @ 105mph
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Don't get me started with the fuckwit taxi driver 2 doors up from me and Lisa. He's an absolute
Old 06 November 2008, 09:54 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree with 'Lisawrx'. Go round and speak to him first. Just say something like "I don't mean to be a pain, but could you keep the noise down a bit later on at night? My kids are finding it hard to get to sleep"

Then that's you giving him a chance to be fair, which he should be, considering. If he isn't, then time to go to a different plan of attack.

Alan
Old 06 November 2008, 10:05 PM
HankScorpio
Scooby Regular

Mine were a pain in the **** last friday with music at half one, knocked on the door and rang the entryphone, knobbers never answered.

Phoned the council, 20 mins later, they were here. Very impressed with how it was dealt with.
Old 06 November 2008, 10:47 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

i think the problem with complaining to the council is it become "official" -- and when you come to sell you have to declare it -- if asked by the buyers solicitor whether you have had problem with neighbours
Old 06 November 2008, 11:43 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Have a word with him. He may not realise how far his noise is carrying. If you get nowhere, the Council need to be involved.
Old 06 November 2008, 11:44 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Dogs B******s
Our neighbour is a taxi driver,when he's on nights we're not allowed to fart during the day incase we wake him up,but its ok for to be drilling at 9:15pm when my kids are in bed Sorry just a little rant
I have a 1000w fairground speaker I've been trying to shift since June. Your welcome to it if you want (wires into a normal stereo - if it can cope).

Could try fit it into to Pug and I'll bring it round if you like?

If not, I have 600w of monitor speakers which can easily be hooked up to my calsbro amp and cdj's/mixer set up. Do you think he may enjoy some of the finest trance releases at 11am in the morning until 11pm at night one weekend? I have enough tunes to go longer but don't want to break the sound curfew

If it was enough to deassemble an asbestos garage then I think it may annoy your neighbour. I can send you pics of my cracked walls if you like and a signed letter off disapproval from my neighbours (well the ones that can hear properly).

Pm me and we'll arrange something - I'm very serious
Old 06 November 2008, 11:53 PM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

Move to the sticks. I used to post threads like this. Now I only have to listen to birdsong in the mornings. (and badgers ********, which sounds like there must be at least 3 chainsaws involved, and cows ********, which they shouldn't because they are all bullocks, and foxes ********, which is like dogs without the bucket....... and the tractors spreading pig sh1te on the washing.... but we cured this by telling the farmer about the badgers and foxes. He shot the foxes because he can, then got a Defra order to trap the badgers. Unfortunately he had to have the cattle destroyed because of the TB from the badgers, so now he doesn't need to spread pig ****, because he has no cattle to feed)

Ahhhhh! - I love the peace and quiet of the countryside
Old 07 November 2008, 12:02 AM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Originally Posted by fast bloke
Move to the sticks. I used to post threads like this. Now I only have to listen to birdsong in the mornings. (and badgers ********, which sounds like there must be at least 3 chainsaws involved, and cows ********, which they shouldn't because they are all bullocks, and foxes ********, which is like dogs without the bucket....... and the tractors spreading pig sh1te on the washing.... but we cured this by telling the farmer about the badgers and foxes. He shot the foxes because he can, then got a Defra order to trap the badgers. Unfortunately he had to have the cattle destroyed because of the TB from the badgers, so now he doesn't need to spread pig ****, because he has no cattle to feed)

Funny, I've not seen you in our neck of the woods
Old 07 November 2008, 12:09 AM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

Cool

Originally Posted by 84of300
Funny, I've not seen you in our neck of the woods

No - we live in nice quiet peaceful countryside - I would imagine that that would preclude you
Old 07 November 2008, 12:15 AM
Underworld
Scooby Regular

talk to him... if he's still a pain in the ash, fart as loud as you can when he sleeps during the day... mission accomplished
Old 07 November 2008, 12:20 AM
JonnyUK1980
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fast bloke

omg i am crying with laughter over this reply

I live in an apartment block and my neighbours never say a word to me about noise, im not too bad untill i unleashe the B&W's
Old 07 November 2008, 11:16 AM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Dogs B******s

Why not go round and explain that your kids are in bed? Informing him that he wouldn't like you drilling through the day when he's in bed.

If he ignores you, then play loud music/drill/bang etc through the day when he's trying to sleep. He'll soon get the message.
Old 07 November 2008, 11:26 AM
HankScorpio
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2
i think the problem with complaining to the council is it become "official" -- and when you come to sell you have to declare it -- if asked by the buyers solicitor whether you have had problem with neighbours
The lot that came round to me asked if I wanted it dealt with formally (spl meters calibrated for court etc) or informally (warning/ticking off).
I went informal as I would have spoken to the bloke if he'd answered the door.
Old 07 November 2008, 11:44 AM
Peanuts
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Matteeboy
(Location: nr Truro, Cornwall)
We don't have any neighbours.

It's the best luxury in the World...
Agreed, but the green hair and the ability to play all the strings on a guitar at once were a pretty high price to pay imo

Last edited by Peanuts; 07 November 2008 at 11:47 AM.
Old 07 November 2008, 12:07 PM
RMA26
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
I have a 1000w fairground speaker I've been trying to shift since June. Your welcome to it if you want (wires into a normal stereo - if it can cope).

Could try fit it into to Pug and I'll bring it round if you like?

If not, I have 600w of monitor speakers which can easily be hooked up to my calsbro amp and cdj's/mixer set up. Do you think he may enjoy some of the finest trance releases at 11am in the morning until 11pm at night one weekend? I have enough tunes to go longer but don't want to break the sound curfew

If it was enough to deassemble an asbestos garage then I think it may annoy your neighbour. I can send you pics of my cracked walls if you like and a signed letter off disapproval from my neighbours (well the ones that can hear properly).

Pm me and we'll arrange something - I'm very serious
We think alike mate, i was just gonna suggest this

I have 2 huge (and i mean huge!!) speaker cabinets, each containing x4 18" Sub bass drivers which i used to used for DJ'ing at outdoor party's etc, which run off a 2000w RMS PA amplifier - i cant have them wired up in the house (last time i broke a window in under 30 seconds! )

COB & I could compaire skills

I've had to be careful when playing at home, because of my neighbours - They go out twice a week so i crank it it, other times i have to make sure its within "reasonable levels" which is easy on this system set up

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g1...s/SNV30873.jpg

Other times - I make sure i dont play after 8pm on a night or before mid day on a weekend

Alternatively go round and ask him to be quiet as you are, consideration for each other and all that
Old 07 November 2008, 01:37 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Call his taxi firm to pick up from your address, make him take you to somewhere really quiet and say "Hear that", he will say No and you can say "Thats called silence you noisy F*cker"
Old 07 November 2008, 01:41 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Mine's a bloke so it's not something I'd look to do but the bird above is hot!!
Old 07 November 2008, 01:44 PM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Peanuts
Agreed, but the green hair and the ability to play all the strings on a guitar at once were a pretty high price to pay imo
But a bass guitar...?!
Hair? What hair?!
Old 07 November 2008, 01:47 PM
ilogikal1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TerzoAlan
I agree with 'Lisawrx'. Go round and speak to him first. Just say something like "I don't mean to be a pain, but could you keep the noise down a bit later on at night? My kids are finding it hard to get to sleep"

Then that's you giving him a chance to be fair, which he should be, considering. If he isn't, then time to get antilag

Quick Reply: F*cking next door neighbours