Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Calzaghe on Sat?

Search this Thread

Old 04 November 2008, 09:54 PM
PB S5
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Calzaghe on Sat?

What time in the night will the boxing be on - does anybody know????
Old 04 November 2008, 10:46 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

approx 3am
Old 05 November 2008, 08:04 AM
RMA26
Scooby Regular

Its a good month for boxing

8th > Calzaghe V Jones
15th > Haye V Barrett (heavyweight Debut for Haye)
22nd > Hatton V Mallinaggi (Matthew Hatton V Ben Tackie on undercard)

Then >

6th December > De La Hoya V Pacquiao

Old 05 November 2008, 01:12 PM
zedf
Scooby Regular

Is the fight on box office or setanta???
Old 05 November 2008, 01:14 PM
RMA26
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by zedf
Is the fight on box office or setanta???
Calzaghe = Setanta

Boxing - Setanta Sports

The rest are on box office i think
Old 05 November 2008, 04:25 PM
Myles
Scooby Regular

I think Haye is on Setanta, from their site

'HAYE V BARRETT

David Haye has just confirmed that he will start his quest to become world heavyweight champion against the powerful American Monte ‘Two Gunz’ Barrett on November 15th at the O2 in London. The fight and all the build up will be Exclusively Live on Setanta!'
I think Hattons little bro will struggle against Ben Tackie by the way. The guy has a hard head!

Last edited by Myles; 05 November 2008 at 04:27 PM.
Old 05 November 2008, 04:27 PM
mamoon2
Scooby Regular

Does anyone else think that Paulie Malinaggi is no match for Hatton, when i watched him before Hattons last fight, he looked laughable
Old 06 November 2008, 08:24 AM
RMA26
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mamoon2
Does anyone else think that Paulie Malinaggi is no match for Hatton, when i watched him before Hattons last fight, he looked laughable
I was at Hattons last fight @ COMS

Mallinaggi's performance was a joke, along with his hair extensions (which had to be cut off)

I had N'dou up on points & lets remember one thing - PM knackered his hand in this fight, something which may come back to haunt him & N'dou isn't half as tough as RH

Mallinaggi has only lost once (points loss) against Cotto which was a bloody joke performance anyway! how an earth he thinks he'll out point Hatton is beyond me, he is a good boxer (and thats it!) but has no where near the same power or brains as Hatton (saying that - I hope Hatton keeps his head in this fight & we dont see another FM jnr loss through rushing the knockout )

I've been watching some videos on youtube of Hatton training with Mayweather SNR & he's looking in good shape, not far off his weight either which has to be a first more so as he doesn't have Kerry Kayes in his team anymore to manage this

One thing i did notice tho, in the early days with FM snr, he looked a bit awkward in their training sessions, but as with everything it'll take time to adjust to a different trainer - some interesting articles on www.skysports.com at the moment in the boxing pages

I wish Matthew Hatton well against his fight with Ben Tackie (who RH fought a few years back). Tackie has never been stopped, i just wish Matthew would come out from under Ricky's shadow - maybe his career would take off a little more then as he's a good boxer
Old 06 November 2008, 09:41 AM
mamoon2
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RMA26
I was at Hattons last fight @ COMS

Mallinaggi's performance was a joke, along with his hair extensions (which had to be cut off)

I had N'dou up on points & lets remember one thing - PM knackered his hand in this fight, something which may come back to haunt him & N'dou isn't half as tough as RH

Mallinaggi has only lost once (points loss) against Cotto which was a bloody joke performance anyway! how an earth he thinks he'll out point Hatton is beyond me, he is a good boxer (and thats it!) but has no where near the same power or brains as Hatton (saying that - I hope Hatton keeps his head in this fight & we dont see another FM jnr loss through rushing the knockout )

I've been watching some videos on youtube of Hatton training with Mayweather SNR & he's looking in good shape, not far off his weight either which has to be a first more so as he doesn't have Kerry Kayes in his team anymore to manage this

One thing i did notice tho, in the early days with FM snr, he looked a bit awkward in their training sessions, but as with everything it'll take time to adjust to a different trainer - some interesting articles on www.skysports.com at the moment in the boxing pages

I wish Matthew Hatton well against his fight with Ben Tackie (who RH fought a few years back). Tackie has never been stopped, i just wish Matthew would come out from under Ricky's shadow - maybe his career would take off a little more then as he's a good boxer
I didn't know Kerry Kayes wasn't in his team anymore? Has this got anything to with Ricky opening his new gym in Hyde? I knew he parted with Billy Graham, but didn't know Kerry Kayes wasn't his nutritional advisor anymore. I take it he's still sponsored by CNP?
Old 06 November 2008, 09:56 AM
RMA26
Scooby Regular

Check your PM's mate
Old 06 November 2008, 12:22 PM
Fantom
Scooby Regular

Just reading Joe's book. I really hope he knocks out Jones and retires without defeat.