Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Afternoon

Search this Thread

Old 03 November 2008, 02:55 PM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Afternoon

Just thought I'd drop in and see how everyone is getting on.

Since last posting we've had a little baby boy (Stanley) born on 21st September and are generally having a great time.

Oh and after all those horrendous digs for not buying a house (part of the reason I naffed off) , we are very glad we saved up a good chunk and left it across two safe banks. After the stick I got for renting, I just wanted to come back and say to those (who know who they are) followed by to anyone really left in the merde (unlikely to be the ones that gave the proper flack). We are chuffed to bits to still be renting...

Business is good, surf has been okay, cars are still going (probably hanging onto them forever now - buying a new car seems as useful as slicing off an arm in the current climate), boat going well, got some decent 10k trail running results and that "Summer" was DIRE!!

Cheers all!

A surf pic and a couple more to keep you all happy - I'll spare you the baby pics...

Me last October:

The boat on about the only sunny day of the year:

And a rather damp MTB ride earlier this year:

Last edited by Matteeboy; 03 November 2008 at 03:18 PM.
Old 03 November 2008, 03:05 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Matt,

Good to hear it's all working out. Congratulations on the new arrival
Old 03 November 2008, 03:08 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

awww, great news about your baby boy.
Old 03 November 2008, 03:09 PM
jaytc2003
Scooby Regular

congrats on the new arrival
Old 03 November 2008, 03:12 PM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

Cheers all - I'm sorry - this is an annoying thing to do but here's our little one practising for the beach next Summer...

You all well?

Now I'm bracing myself for the abuse from the members I didn't get on too well with - or have they all gone?!

Last edited by Matteeboy; 03 November 2008 at 03:17 PM.
Old 03 November 2008, 03:21 PM
TopBanana
Scooby Regular

Nice to have you back, congrats
Old 03 November 2008, 03:21 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

Great news on the kiddie
Old 03 November 2008, 03:23 PM
jaytc2003
Scooby Regular

who are the members you dont get on with ?
Old 03 November 2008, 03:27 PM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

Jay - got some real flack soon after we lost our baby boy last November and so left. Pretty bad taste really. I've actually forgotten who it was (blanked it out of my mind!) but I'll know them if they turned up. Some flack was deserved on occasion but this was well OTT.

Anyway, enough of that - new cars anyone?! I'm trying to ignore them as I know they don't make a lot of sense at the moment. Still buy the odd Evo mag though and have the odd relapse!

All surviving "the crunch" okay?
Old 03 November 2008, 03:41 PM
jaytc2003
Scooby Regular

oooh, dont mention the credit crunch, there hasnt been a post about it for at least 12 hours

ive got a new car (well its an old car but I needed to get rid of the scoob) so got myself a vauxhall barge, commonly known as a calibra
Old 03 November 2008, 03:42 PM
LeeMac
Scooby Regular

Was over your way in Sept, went to property auction in Redruth
some bargains to be had, we was just seeing how things went, not many sold but some of those that did were good buys
pair of terraced properties went for 100k for the 2
bungalow in Altarnun (cracking village) went for about 130k

nice part of the world, might just end up there next year
congrats on the birth of the little un
Old 03 November 2008, 03:44 PM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

Nat - well that's a part of it! To be honest, the shouting down "we" (renters/savers rather than property investors) got was unreal. As if we were the most retarded people on earth!

Lee - yep. Some real steals to be had!
Old 03 November 2008, 03:58 PM
Scoobychick
Scooby Regular

Hi Matt, I've often wondered about you over the last year and how you were getting on, especially as my first nephew was born back in May and it made me really think about the loss of your little boy. I'm so pleased to see that you've had another little boy, he looks gorgeous and I LOVE his name, I wanted my sister to call hers Stanley

Congratulations and good luck to you all

Sal
Old 03 November 2008, 03:58 PM
lovinmescoob
Scooby Regular

Congrats on the little un Matt.

Hey it's your life mate live it how you want, ignore the moaners, do what you feels best for you and your family. Just take care out there!!!

Ps - What a great name
Old 03 November 2008, 04:22 PM
logiclee
Scooby Regular

Hi Matt,

Congratulations, that's great news.

Didn't get down last year and that's the first year I've missed in the last 18.
Probably looking at March next year for my next surf outing.

That Susuki still getting stuck everywhere like they told you it would in other marques?

Cheers
Lee
Old 03 November 2008, 05:16 PM
Stag
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Matteeboy
Jay - got some real flack soon after we lost our baby boy last November and so left. Pretty bad taste really.
Well it's easy to hide behind some family misfortune but I think you'll find that the less favourable comments you attracted last time were actually due to the fact that you are a big headed braggart.

You thought you'd come on and post a smug, self congratulatory thread in order to get one over on your detractors didn't you?

Unfortunately what you have actually done is proved them right - you cannot help boasting and bigging yourself up - nice one.
Old 03 November 2008, 05:22 PM
st4g
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Matteeboy
Jay - got some real flack soon after we lost our baby boy last November and so left. Pretty bad taste really.
Well it's easy to hide behind some family misfortune but I think you'll find that the less favourable comments you attracted last time were actually due to the fact that you are a big headed braggart.

You thought you'd come on and post a smug, self congratulatory thread in order to get one over on your detractors didn't you?

Unfortunately what you have actually done is proved them right - you cannot help boasting and bigging yourself up - nice one.
Old 03 November 2008, 05:49 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

ah blimey hes now a stinkpot owner
Old 03 November 2008, 05:51 PM
logiclee
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by st4g
Well it's easy to hide behind some family misfortune
But not as easy as hiding behind a new acoount eh? 1st Post?

Cheers
Lee
Old 03 November 2008, 05:51 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Come out come out whoever you are ..
Old 03 November 2008, 05:54 PM
zip106
Scooby Regular

I see someone's (^^) trying to be anon

Congrats on Stanley.
Glad it all worked out in the end
Old 03 November 2008, 06:02 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

Your out of order with that alleged first post.
Old 03 November 2008, 06:06 PM
st4g
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by logiclee

Cheers
Lee
Thanks for your comment, however please direct your complaint to webclown. I would gladly stick to one account but as they repeatedly get banned I am forced to use a fresh account each time.

I warned webclown that this would be the case when the infraction farce first came about but he didn't pay heed.

Apparently he would rather have me do this than rely on people to simply ignore posts that they don't like or have the continuity of people using one username. Personally I don't care either way.

Anyway, back on topic... This guy attracted a lot negative reaction from the 'community' because every post he made was a pedestal on which to boast about his fitness/his driving prowess/his (rented) house/his boat and, quite frankly, there were those who were sick to death of it and told him so.

I myself did too. I'd love to be able to tell him which name I used at the time, but there have been so many there is no way I could possibly recall. Perhaps someone stupid enough to have paid for the search function could find the threads in question?
Old 03 November 2008, 06:08 PM
jaytc2003
Scooby Regular

there always one
Old 03 November 2008, 06:11 PM
st4gg
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by logiclee

Cheers
Lee
Thanks for your comment, however please direct your complaint to webclown. I would gladly stick to one account but as they repeatedly get banned I am forced to use a fresh account each time. The dullards who just pressed the ban button have neatly proved this point for me, thanks.

I warned webclown that this would be the case when the infraction farce first came about but he didn't pay heed.

Apparently he would rather have me do this than rely on people to simply ignore posts that they don't like or have the continuity of people using one username. Personally I don't care either way.

Anyway, back on topic... This guy attracted a lot negative reaction from the 'community' because every post he made was a pedestal on which to boast about his fitness/his driving prowess/his (rented) house/his boat and, quite frankly, there were those who were sick to death of it and told him so.

I myself did too. I'd love to be able to tell him which name I used at the time, but there have been so many there is no way I could possibly recall. Perhaps someone stupid enough to have paid for the search function could find the threads in question?
Old 03 November 2008, 06:16 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Don't feed the troll. Use the force, also known as the little red X

Last edited by Markus; 03 November 2008 at 06:19 PM.
Old 03 November 2008, 06:19 PM
G00ner
Scooby Regular

Location: Poole - in an Isuzu D-Max LE (Prodrive Version) Gamer Tag "Coin Slot"

Originally Posted by st4gg
Thanks for your comment, however please direct your complaint to webclown. I would gladly stick to one account but as they repeatedly get banned I am forced to use a fresh account each time. The dullards who just pressed the ban button have neatly proved this point for me, thanks.

The irony in Nacro's post about boasting...
Old 03 November 2008, 06:20 PM
hoggg
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Markus
*cough* Use the force, also known as the little red X *cough*
Yeah, good plan, prove his point for him

Quick Reply: Afternoon