Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Grrr, damned litterbugs - surprising result though :)

Search this Thread

Old 22 October 2008, 04:19 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Angry Grrr, damned litterbugs - surprising result though :)

Sitting here, looking at SN and watching The Maxx, I noticed some guy in a reflective jacket outside my flat on the road checking the big parking meter that the general public have to use. He was standing next to his passenger door for a while, with the door opened, looking at bits of paper and then screwing them up and just chucking them to the floor and getting the backs off stickers and flicking them away.
I was sitting here thinking, bastid! he's treating my street like a bloody tip. Finally got the ***** to say something when he just blatently kicked a large ball of paper away in an almost playful way.
Poked my head out the window and politely told him it wasn't a bloody tip where he could chuck his litter and that I had to live here so it wasn't really on.

Was expecting a f**k-off and mind your own business from the guy as he didn't look the shy, retiring type but amazingly he actually apologised several times, picked up the litter and put it back in his car.

What a refreshing change, I'm not usually a busy-body or anything but something had to be said when he's emptying his trash outside of where I live, in broad daylight.

I'm sure he just chucked it out his window when he got down the road but hey, it made me feel good for 5 mins there
Old 22 October 2008, 04:24 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Suprised he didnt invite you outside for a "chat". Thats the type of mentality Id expect from someone who'd chuck their litter on the street.
Old 22 October 2008, 04:37 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by davegtt
Suprised he didnt invite you outside for a "chat". Thats the type of mentality Id expect from someone who'd chuck their litter on the street.
Absolutely what I was thinking! He was a fair bit bit bigger than me and I was kinda sh1tting on my own doorstep there in a way, thnking about it