Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Booked my Wedding for 16th November

Search this Thread

Old 20 October 2008, 12:41 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Booked my Wedding for 16th November

We've been planning to get married for a while .. but since we found out shes expecting, shes gone into panic mode and we have now booked the do for less than 4 weeks away ..

Only a small wedding but costing 5k ... 5k ..... 5k... I could of used that for a deposit on a new Scooby ...

any wedding tips
Old 20 October 2008, 12:43 PM
Scoobychick
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pimmo2000

Only a small wedding but costing 5k ... 5k ..... 5k... I could of used that for a deposit on a new Scooby ...
You still could, it's all a matter of priorities
Old 20 October 2008, 12:47 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Save your 5k and get down the registry office

Good luck, hope the day goes smoothly for you
Old 20 October 2008, 12:49 PM
Uurrgghh!
Scooby Regular

5K is very cheap for a wedding, some spend far in excess of that amount for their "special" day.
Old 20 October 2008, 12:53 PM
eClaire
Scooby Regular

any wedding tips
Yes. Don't get married. I was in the same boat and it all ended in tears.

Anyway, we had just bought a house so most of our finances went into that. We managed ours on 3k, honeymoon was paid for us as a present. It was a small intimate ceremony with a do afterwards. It can be tasteful on a budget if you put your mind to it, that's if you've got the time to do it, of course.
Old 20 October 2008, 12:53 PM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

Good Luck, If you need a florist and are not too far away let me know!!!!!!!
Cheers
Colin
Old 20 October 2008, 12:54 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

5k is very, very cheap apparently ...
Old 20 October 2008, 12:59 PM
eClaire
Scooby Regular

5k is very, very cheap apparently ...
You won't have to pay all of it. We had our parents help out. ie Paid for buffet/cake amongst other bits and pieces. Called in favours from friends and stuff, and had the honeymoon as a present, as I said earlier. We paid for the big things.
Old 20 October 2008, 01:04 PM
Coffin Dodger
Scooby Regular

Shotgun wedding
Old 20 October 2008, 01:05 PM
scoobybubbles
Scooby Regular

AWwww wow , congrats!!! i had a mad rush wedding to!! other half was living in New york and wanted us to move out there with him, but we had to be married to get a visa or something, so after our little one was born , in fact 6 weeks after she was born we were married!!! i did all the planning on my own, all he had to do really was buy his suit! it was a bit of a budget wedding , but i guarentee we had a day as good as anyone. dress £60 from monsoon, (in sale) shoes £50 dune(most expensive shoes i have ever bought!!) bridget jones massive pants mark and sparks! (unfortunatly they didnt do a grand job of holding my tum in!) but the bra did a grand job of holding up the 2 feeding aids for my wee baby!! (i even breast fed the baby on my wedding day! she loved the chapagne!) bridesmaids *2 £80 including the lil flip flops they wore! so sweet, was middle of august though!

my son was best man and wore the same as my husband , they had cream/beige linin suits, and brown shoes , and looked just like arnold and danny devito in twins!!! my little boy wore linin to.

My very dearest friend/nieghbour/sis inlaw to be.... supplied her place of work set in the grounds of a beautiful manor house,( head quarters for the boys brigade!) for our wedding reception, and as her gift to us payed for the food and her staff to cook us a sit down meal for our closest friends and family, we had our favourite, roast beef yorkshire puds and the full works!!!

We bought our food for buffet and the booze from cost co, and my brother and tracey my best friend did most of the catering, however i stayed up til 4 in the morning making sandwiches and sausages rolls for our guests!

flowers came from the local florist and was probably the biggest out lay, imho, costing around, £80 for my boquet, and £30 each for lil ones, 2*boquets for mum and traceys help! Everyone pulled together for that day from brothers erecting marquees on the croquet lawn on the grounds, to blowing up balloons!!! friend of my brother lent us his silver car for my brother to chauffer us to the registrar office, and Micks brother took bridesmaid in style in micks old silver scooby!!

The day was perfect! even down to our own choice of music that we had playing through my brothers sterio out on the lawn!!!

we spent around £1,500 in all , but if we had spent £10,000 we couldnt have had a better day than we had!!!

Good luck, id save half your cash to spend on the baby!!!! trust me you'l need it!!!!

tracy xxx

p.s we never even made it to new york, he packed in the job and came home!!! pmsl[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by scoobybubbles; 20 October 2008 at 01:11 PM.
Old 20 October 2008, 01:08 PM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

Mine cost about £3K including rings. I called upon loads of people who knew people to do all the stuff. Caterer was the most expensive thing.

Had a fab day and wouldn't change it for the world.
Old 20 October 2008, 01:19 PM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

p.s we never even made it to new york, he packed in the job and came home!!! pmsl
You sure your son and husband didn't get their suits mixed up ?

Your son's looks massive !!! Suppose he'll grow into it though
Old 20 October 2008, 01:26 PM
scoobybubbles
Scooby Regular

yea it was a bit large however he was measured for it properly!!! lol maybe he lost a bit of weight , you know all those nerves having to be best man and all!!! he was only 15!! bless him!!! opening line for his speach went.......... Thankyou all for being here .... because if you werent id be speaking to myself!!! that sure raised a few laughs!! or maybe they were just laughing at his suit!!! who knows!!! lol
Old 20 October 2008, 02:09 PM
Scooby Snacks 23
Scooby Regular

If you've got a little one on the way, my advice would be to spend as little as possible on the wedding ceremony as you will need all you can get when the little one arrives!

With hindsight, we would have spent much less on our wedding 5 years ago and saved some for when the kids arrived.

You'll enjoy it no matter how much you spend

Congrats.
Old 20 October 2008, 03:23 PM
rbaz
Scooby Regular

Congrats M8 budgets always go out the window ours did.
My wife makes wedding invites table favours etc am sure she can do something nice and simple if you need some making