Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Can you believe this c##t

Search this Thread

Old 10 October 2008, 10:11 PM
thesyn
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can you believe this c##t

Went to check out a golf 1.8 turbo for my son last night, bloke sounded ok on the phone, advertised on autotrader for 2 days the ad suddenly vanishes, price good but not stupid cheap.
Met him by the car in the car park of the flat he said he lived in, said his dad had all the paperwork and he could pick it up tomorrow, dad was a dealer and had found him the car and that he had owned the car for 10months. Alarm bells were ringing but decided to give him the benefit so far. Checked out the car, bit tappity but otherwis tidy and drove really well, mileage 75k 1999. Trouble was the test drive and and interior seemed to hold all sorts of surprises for the "owner". What does this button do then?, dunno mate only drive it at weekends.
Went through the motions, negotiated a price subject to hpi. Son wanted to leave a deposit, I quickly put him straight and we made our excuses and left.
HPI: some concerns re accuracy of mileage, recorded 80k in 2003 then 14k in 2006, also previously owned by a hire co. When challenged his response was that he had someone coming to buy it tomorrow...WTF ( I didn't speak to him.... probably for the best). Rang DVLA......guess what they didn't want to know. Suggested local police would be interested.... ho ho ho
If you are looking for a blue golf 1.8T in south London be very careful. Looks like a decent scam, short run ad, decent price, vague location, hook a few fish and hope one doesn't hpi the car.
Before you say it, serves him right for not going for a scooby but insurance is still a little steep.
Rant over, I'll go and have a lie down now.
Old 10 October 2008, 10:23 PM
apples24
Scooby Regular

if everything else about the car still checks out ok still might be worth a cheap bid, you wouldnt belive the amount of cars there are out there with dubious mileage history, also quite common for mileage info on the nmr to be incorrect, number of orginisations report to it if typed wrong etc. but more than likely it had done 80 in 2003 and clocked since yes, its a old car if runs spot on and happy with it use it as a bartering took to get a cheap car
Old 10 October 2008, 10:23 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

That is quite freaky, as i am looking to get a GTI shortly (to replace my daily runner) and have been looking for blue ones around the S.London/Surrey area, so thanks for the heads up
Old 10 October 2008, 10:30 PM
Dedrater
Scooby Regular

Am glad to hear from you,it is very nice meeting you and trying to share life with you any way, i think we can tell about each other and in life i belive we can meet to part no more and only God knows what tomororw holds and since we know who owns tomorow...that is God then we should have all our wayWws to him to make it a paved place for us to live,Like i told you my name is Richard Jeff

Sorry we couldn't do business thesyn, I thought my offer of a green salad and can of beans with options of investment of my Nigerian business was sufficient, will have to buck my ideas up.
Old 10 October 2008, 10:55 PM
tath
Scooby Regular

fpmsl
Old 10 October 2008, 11:07 PM
thesyn
Scooby Regular

Lovin the replies,( glad hopefully to have been of help Moley) but yes if the price was right I would have paid, but if you totally lie about mileage what else are you lying about?
Old 10 October 2008, 11:27 PM
billyray911
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dedrater
Am glad to hear from you,it is very nice meeting you and trying to share life with you any way, i think we can tell about each other and in life i belive we can meet to part no more and only God knows what tomororw holds and since we know who owns tomorow...that is God then we should have all our wayWws to him to make it a paved place for us to live,Like i told you my name is Richard Jeff

Sorry we couldn't do business thesyn, I thought my offer of a green salad and can of beans with options of investment of my Nigerian business was sufficient, will have to buck my ideas up.
WTF???