jeans ,

Search this Thread

Old 09 October 2008, 04:03 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Angry jeans ,

Denim that is
Id like a pair of reasonable stylish reasonable heavy reasonable priced of same ( im not shedding out £70 )

-is it just standard nowadays for them to be gossamer thin ?
Old 09 October 2008, 04:37 AM
easywagon
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Always find Next good for jeans.

£20 - £40 depending on how trendy etc they are.

They do shortarse and lanky lengths and who cares what the make is if your shirt/coat is covering the label on the pocket.
Old 09 October 2008, 05:41 AM
badgerface123
Scooby Regular

Location: deepest darkest dorset ripping up the A30 in a red V5
Lightbulb

1 day special on diesel jeans tomoro

"dirty 30" £30 per pair cuz diesel's 30th b'day

Diesel Online Store - Dirty XXX
Old 09 October 2008, 07:28 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Primark, Meadowhall... £8-13

...and those are the expensive pairs

(times is hard)
Old 09 October 2008, 07:37 AM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by badgerface123
1 day special on diesel jeans tomoro

"dirty 30" £30 per pair cuz diesel's 30th b'day

Diesel Online Store - Dirty XXX
Cheers for the link. Will have to check that tomorrow

Simon
Old 09 October 2008, 09:04 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Red face

i paid 7.99 for a pair of jeans at Primark once - they were the BEST iv ever had..!!

-and i have paid 40 + for levis etc before

Last edited by dpb; 09 October 2008 at 10:27 AM.
Old 09 October 2008, 10:23 AM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Duncs, if Primark jeans suit you the best, that's you wanna stick to Wear clothes for yourself, and for your own comfort. Not to show/pretend to others Dunn matter, if it's not expensive designers.

Tesco bootlegs value denim for men cost a fiver. It's good enough for regular use, Apparently.
Old 09 October 2008, 10:27 AM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Easy from Matalan for £16 for me. Fit well, wear well, suit me. How much better can a pair of £70, £100, £150 jeans possibly be ?
Old 09 October 2008, 10:29 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Nah primark included now do jeans that you can practically see thro
Old 09 October 2008, 10:32 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Why buy cheap jeans? They're an item of clothing that if you buy well are timeless, last years and you will get loads of wear out of them.
Old 09 October 2008, 11:15 AM
eClaire
Scooby Regular

I got a couple of pairs of boy fit jeans from Asda for kicking about in. £16. Quite possibly the best jeans I've had

I don't think their guys section is too bad either.
Old 09 October 2008, 11:16 AM
WRX_Dazza
Scooby Regular

Location: Going further than the station and back !!! ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz

i had a pair of tesco jeans and in my opinion they looked better than my valentino jeans i paid 10 times more for !!!!

th tesco jeans are now in the bin and the others still look like new though!!!

yer pays yer money...........

next jeans are very good value though
Old 09 October 2008, 11:37 AM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by WRX_Dazza
th tesco jeans are now in the bin and the others still look like new though!!!
On personal level, I can believe that. I wouldn't buy Tesco "fiver" jeans, someone did for rough use. Couldn't stop bragging about them. I only fit into size 12 Miss Selfridges, due to my reddiculous bum shape I don't shop cheap due to "quality" reasons. But, for quick changing fashions, I don't look down upon cheap shops either.

I agree that denim is expected to be hardwearing. Therefore, no harm paying enough for a pair or two. Look at these, how trendy!>

One would gladly pay over £40 for a toughie and sexy denim like that^

Duncan did say above that Primark jeans have been the best for him in past. If they are only available in seethrough style now, it could be a new fashion for men; for what I may not know
Old 09 October 2008, 12:12 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

I once had some Levi's. Only once though. After less than 3 months both pockets were holed. The Joe Bloggs ones I bought for work at about the same time for £7 at Tradex were still in use almost 20 years later.
Old 09 October 2008, 12:19 PM
AndyC_772
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru
Why buy cheap jeans? They're an item of clothing that if you buy well are timeless, last years and you will get loads of wear out of them.
Because, certainly in my experience, it makes sod-all difference. Pay extra and you're just getting the branding, and not a whole lot more.

My last few pairs were £9 at M&S, and they're comfortable, they fit, they look just the same to me as any other pair of jeans and they're wearing well too.

Why waste money on a label if that's not something you care about for its own sake?
Old 09 October 2008, 12:21 PM
Jamescsti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by P1Fanatic
Cheers for the link. Will have to check that tomorrow

Simon
Me too, seems like a bit of a bargain
Old 09 October 2008, 12:21 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

I like Katharine Hamnett jeans; theyre relatively cheap and relatively smart...
Old 09 October 2008, 12:25 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

bought my last pair at some random dodgy shop in london.

no till

no staff

just rows and rows of clothes hanging up and one random bloke with a wallet telling everybody that "everything is a fiver"

it was such a bizzare shop, dont even think it had a name outside, we only went in because we could see it was full of people lol

came away with loads of stuff, apeared to be designer, but to be honest, i dont really care for brand names or anykind of stuff like that, so i would have idea if it was real, hooky, or just cheap tat made to look better.

all the shirts i bought still look spot on, and the jeans have been fine!
Old 09 October 2008, 12:28 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AndyC_772
Because, certainly in my experience, it makes sod-all difference. Pay extra and you're just getting the branding, and not a whole lot more.

My last few pairs were £9 at M&S, and they're comfortable, they fit, they look just the same to me as any other pair of jeans and they're wearing well too.

Why waste money on a label if that's not something you care about for its own sake?
Like most things you do get what you pay for up to a point then after that you're paying for the label and exclusivity.

For example take Edwin jeans. They're a Levi repo made in Japan (japan make the best jeans) using quality denim. You could pick them up for £50-60 a pair but they have since been placed in high street stores and now sell for £110. That backs up both our points. the quality of them over cheap jeans means they're worth the extra but as soon as the label because a known brand the price is now at a premium.

Evisu were the same when they first came out before they turned into the worst pile of crap ever and the Chav's jean of choice.

anybody after a pair of premium denim that will last a lifetime check out ironheart jeans.
Old 09 October 2008, 12:35 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

the problem with jeans that last forever, is that you end up with some gash coloured thing like my old man had with his "acid washed" pair from about 1920 lol
Old 09 October 2008, 12:36 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

I don't really care for brand names any more. When I was in my teens, ok yeah, everyone wanted the best trainers, the best jeans/shirts etc.

When I have the money, I don't mind paying £30-40 for a good smart pair of "going out" jeans, or a smart/casual shirt for similar money, but for everyday pottering, i don't see the point personally. That's just me though, and if someone wants to pay 5-10 times more for clothes which were probably made in the same Indian village, thaen that's their choice

For the record, right now I'm wearing a pair of jeans from Primark (smart dark blue ones £13), a blue t-shirt with some amusing comment on it (£4 Primark), and a stripey jumper (multi-colour blue horizonatal £8) from the same establishment.

Now in my experience if I had of bought the same from say Topman (as an example), the jeans would have been £35-40, the t-shirt £15, and the jumper £22-25. So even if what I'm wearing lasts 1/2 as long as the over priced alternative, I'm happy

Just my tuppenth, but if I were on good money like some on here, I'd probably name drop all my branded stuff too
Old 09 October 2008, 12:40 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

to be honest matey, all the what i consider "well off folk" that i know, dont give a flying monkeys about brand names either.

generally tends to be the ones who want to appear that they are better off then they really are.

one of them owns a fackin huge business down south, employs a lot of people, and drives a battered old s plate merc.
Old 09 October 2008, 12:42 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by StickyMicky
the problem with jeans that last forever, is that you end up with some gash coloured thing like my old man had with his "acid washed" pair from about 1920 lol
No you don't. You buy 'raw' jeans with the full indigo in them. they will fade and show wear over time which gives the jeans their character. This tends to be done for you these days though because most jeans sold have a 'wash' where they've been aged to look like they've been worn.

check out the Nudie web site which will show you the state of raw denim and then how they have worn and faded over time and washes.
Old 09 October 2008, 12:45 PM
The Hoff
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I get mine from Matalan. £15 for their own brand and they also have branded names (Calvin Klein I think) for £25. Done.
Old 09 October 2008, 12:46 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

the pair my dad had were some kind of light blue white looking thing, these apparently were in fashion at some point in the last millennium

the point is, that in 10 years time, whatever you buy today, no matter how well you try to plan in advance, will probably look stupid as we will all be walking around in neon coloured leotards or something lmfao
Old 09 October 2008, 12:53 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by StickyMicky
the pair my dad had were some kind of light blue white looking thing, these apparently were in fashion at some point in the last millennium

the point is, that in 10 years time, whatever you buy today, no matter how well you try to plan in advance, will probably look stupid as we will all be walking around in neon coloured leotards or something lmfao
again though this is where you're wrong. If you buy a pair of jeans which carry some trait which is in fashion at the time then I agree like a stone wash, boot cut, silly pockets etc. However most jeans are a 5 pocket design with straight leg and based on the original cuts that came from Levi, Lee etc. Basically timeless in their shape and cut. If you buy dark blue jeans then they will be great for a smart look when new and as the fade and wear over time they will look better as a casual pair of jeans. you obviously have 2 or 3 pairs of jeans on rotation depending on what you're wearing.
Old 09 October 2008, 12:56 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

so you wont be buying a neon coloured leotard then ?

you heard it here first, they are going to be huge on the "scene" LOL
Old 09 October 2008, 12:57 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

I've still got my old one from the 80's
Old 09 October 2008, 12:59 PM
AndyC_772
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru
You could pick them up for £50-60 a pair but they have since been placed in high street stores and now sell for £110. That backs up both our points.
It sounds to me as though we have quite radically different ideas as to what constitutes a 'premium' pair of jeans, then. When I can get a perfectly good pair for about a tenner, and a cheap but serviceable pair for just £3, I'd regard £50 as 'well overpriced' and £110 as 'comical'.

Then again, there are probably hobos that have a higher clothing budget than I do... my disposable income tends to go on cars and gadgets instead. Each to their own, I guess.
Old 09 October 2008, 01:12 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by eClaire
I got a couple of pairs of boy fit jeans from Asda for kicking about in. £16. Quite possibly the best jeans I've had

I don't think their guys section is too bad either.
So that's where you go to eye up the fellas, is it!

My best pair of jeans ever were Full Circle. £70 I was young and daft back then. I don't think I have any which cost more than £25 now. Some of them even have 'designer' holes in the knees as I've had them so long

Not that I'm tighter than a duck's **** - water tight!

Quick Reply: jeans ,