Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

God, what a horrible experience!!

Search this Thread

Old 17 September 2008, 10:50 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default God, what a horrible experience!!

I've just come back from the local Jobcentre and I'm bloody glad of it. It's a horrible place with an atmosphere like the cold war It didn't open until 10am, so I was outside at 9.55, and you could feel the anticiaption from all the scroungers sniffing their next giro to pay for spliffs and 'special brew'

Luckily the woman who I saw regards my claim for incapacity benefit gave me a phone number to ring and ushered me out the door.

Worst bit was seeing the fat chavettes with stripey tops pulling around with their 5 kids... wonder how the little angels will turn out.

Sorry for the rant, just generally pissed off and wanted to vent frustration out on a public bbs If that is what benefit life is like, I may as well not bother and have my home repossessed
Old 17 September 2008, 11:01 AM
scooby L
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian

Worst bit was seeing the fat chavettes with stripey tops pulling around with their 5 kids... wonder how the little angels will turn out.
Well at least they are eating well...
Old 17 September 2008, 11:08 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Luckily all I have to do is sort out another sick note and the application can be sorted on the phone. Think I'd rather be charged x-amoutn for ringing 0800 numbers from my mobile than be in the same room as those smelly dropouts. Admittedly there was a couple of guys in there in simialr situations as me, ie out of work through no fault of their own. We were laughing and joking at the chavvy accents when complaining for giro's etc.

Hopefully I can find some minimum wage dross that will stop me going under temporarily, or indeed find some sort of 'cash-in-hand' opportunities
Old 17 September 2008, 12:37 PM
New_scooby_04

It's a horrible place with an atmosphere like the cold war It didn't open until 10am, so I was outside at 9.55, and you could feel the anticiaption from all the scroungers sniffing their next giro to pay for spliffs and 'special brew'

That creates a vivid -and rather unplesant- image, Andy. Keep your chin up and remember that you may be forced to turn to help from the same people as these wasters, but you're in a different league as an individual case; yours is the kind of situation such benefits were intended to help.

Ns04

PS No spending it on special brew and spliffs!
Old 17 September 2008, 12:41 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

I've just come back from the local Jobcentre and I'm bloody glad of it. It's a horrible place with an atmosphere like the cold war It didn't open until 10am, so I was outside at 9.55, and you could feel the anticiaption from all the scroungers sniffing their next giro to pay for spliffs and 'special brew'

Luckily the woman who I saw regards my claim for incapacity benefit gave me a phone number to ring and ushered me out the door.

Sorry for the rant, just generally pissed off and wanted to vent frustration out on a public bbs If that is what benefit life is like, I may as well not bother and have my home repossessed
Know what you mean. I've been down there a few times over the years, mostly with friends who needed a bit of support. The place made me feel dirty.
Old 17 September 2008, 12:48 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Job centres are horrible places with a large proportion of people who have absolutely no intention of seeking work.

The sad thing is a lot of decent people who are out of work and need a bit of help until they find employment are normally treated with the same contempt as the Chav's that frequent these places.
Old 17 September 2008, 12:50 PM
Rill
Scooby Regular

I've got an application form for you Choc....

....I'll bring it on Thursday.
Old 17 September 2008, 12:51 PM
PaulC72
Scooby Regular

Sad really, but the side you saw was only the one used to create the requirement for the giros, when they have successfully signed on they all go and jump into their RR, X5 or whatever car you want to enter here, return to their 5 bed houses all paid for by us.

Most of these people are not that stupid and earn quite a good 'living' off the state.

Andy, keep smiling things will pick up soon.
Old 17 September 2008, 12:57 PM
Coffin Dodger
Scooby Regular

you could feel the anticiaption from all the scroungers sniffing their next giro to pay for spliffs and 'special brew'
Living the dream Some of us poor sods have to go to work to fund our habits
Old 17 September 2008, 01:18 PM
slipstream_uk
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I feel for you mate, Ive to go through the same every 2 weeks. I was made redundant back in April. It makes me feel sick Ive to stand in the same room as this trash and to ask for a hand out from the Government to help me get back on my feet.
Old 17 September 2008, 02:28 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by Nat21
he was boasting about being a drug dealer quite openly and thought it was all really funny that he was signing on too

Everyone else there saw him as some kind of hero. There is no hope.
Of course there is: he might overdose on his own stash?

Ns04
Old 17 September 2008, 02:41 PM
Julz1983
Scooby Regular

Jobcentre's are pretty grim, but don't worry and think you are going to start being classed like other people who use them Andy.

I remember after my hubby left the army it took another 3 months for him to find a job so we had to bite the bullet and reluctantly go to the Jobcentre, it was horrible we hated every minute of it, the only benefits we get now is child benefit and working tax credits which is all we want, the ones you are entitled to and nomore, going into the Jobcentre every 2 weeks was just chavfest, kids screaming in buggies everywhere, the parents collecting as much as they could, they didn't look like they couldn't work just that they couldn't be bothered to look for work, then the ones would come in with the sock pulled up over the trackie bottoms on one leg but not on the other with THAT limp, wtf is all that about and guaranteed they would all be boasting about what they were going to buy, where they were going out for the weekend, making sure everyone could hear them like we were interested
Old 17 September 2008, 02:42 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by Nat21
Unless he is following rule No.1
You don't mess with the Zohan!!!
Oh wait, wrong rule....

Not from your own stash!!

Ns "say no to drugs Kids, remember Zammo from Grange Hill"04
Old 17 September 2008, 02:52 PM
WRX_Dazza
Scooby Regular

Location: Going further than the station and back !!! ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz

makes me laught the amount of people going in there with cement covered feet...!!!

lol, they cant all be building patios at home !!!!

good luck COB !

get your cv over to as many agencies as poss !!!

dazza
Old 17 September 2008, 03:22 PM
richie001
Scooby Regular

Not much help but i do feel for ya,I was in the local job center myself lately giving a friend some support while he made a claim because he was made redundant,he's never been unemployed and i could see it hurt is pride haven't to be in the same building has these people.
Old 17 September 2008, 03:23 PM
Scoobychick
Scooby Regular

Many moons ago I used to work in one I used to interview folk and decide whether they were going to get any benefit or not, oh the power

Actually I was really nice, times were hard then, it was during the last recession and lots of decent and hard working people (a lot of building trade) were out of work through no fault of their own. Due to the way some filled out forms and various other things a lot wouldn't have been entitled to any money so I used to rip their forms up, tell them what to do (exploit a loophole ), give them a new form and rebook them an appointment. They'd come back and get every penny that they were entitled to

Woe betide anyone who was nasty to me though. I interviewed one middle management type who made it completely obvious that he was far too important to be there, was rude to me and generally talked down his nose so I suspended him from benefit for a possible six months due a technicality on his form and sent it off to the adjudicator

Generally though, I was nice
Old 17 September 2008, 03:26 PM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scoobychick
Many moons ago I used to work in one I used to interview folk and decide whether they were going to get any benefit or not, oh the power

Actually I was really nice, times were hard then, it was during the last recession and lots of decent and hard working people (a lot of building trade) were out of work through no fault of their own. Due to the way some filled out forms and various other things a lot wouldn't have been entitled to any money so I used to rip their forms up, tell them what to do (exploit a loophole ), give them a new form and rebook them an appointment. They'd come back and get every penny that they were entitled to

Woe betide anyone who was nasty to me though. I interviewed one middle management type who made it completely obvious that he was far too important to be there, was rude to me and generally talked down his nose so I suspended him from benefit for a possible six months due a technicality on his form and sent it off to the adjudicator

Generally though, I was nice
Interesting, you could be back to the job centre if you don't stop posting here and do some marketing stuff and PA work for Brant's Automatic Flaps.
Old 17 September 2008, 03:28 PM
Scoobychick
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by PeteBrant
Interesting, you could be back to the job centre if you don't stop posting here and do some marketing stuff and PA work for Brant's Automatic Flaps.
Well give me something to do then, I'm bored of filing my nails
Old 17 September 2008, 03:29 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by richie001
Not much help but i do feel for ya,I was in the local job center myself lately giving a friend some support while he made a claim because he was made redundant,he's never been unemployed and i could see it hurt is pride haven't to be in the same building has these people.

Nail on head there ritchie. It's the pride thing. I know I'm not exactly over qualified to death or have letters after my name (well not those sort ), but it was a pride thing. Since leaving College I've worked straight apart from 3 months when I was made redundant.

I've had two jobs in 6 years, one was left due to redundancy, the other as everyone knows dude to dismissal for capability reasons. I refuse to buy trackie bottoms from Sports World or any other chav infested establishment.

(Ok maybe one pair )
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Brant's Automatic Flaps.
sorry but that made me
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

A logo
Old 17 September 2008, 03:33 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

A logo

Don't even think about pm'ing me to commission that Peter
Old 17 September 2008, 03:35 PM
Scoobychick
Scooby Regular

A logo
I'm working on it but I just made the mistake of Googling 'flaps' to get a bit of inspiration. I now need a lie down to get over the shock
Old 17 September 2008, 03:40 PM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Just thank your lucky stars you didn't google "Brants Flaps"
Old 17 September 2008, 03:44 PM
Kieran_Burns
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Just thank your lucky stars you didn't google "Brants Flaps"
I got this:

am I missing something?
Old 17 September 2008, 03:46 PM
Scoobychick
Scooby Regular

Cue everyone going off to Google...

I got a BBC animated cartoon called 'Am I a Freak?' about a girl and her 'funny flaps'. Most bizarre
Old 17 September 2008, 04:27 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

YouTube - C*NT Flaps