Am I the only one

Search this Thread

Old 16 September 2008, 08:26 PM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Am I the only one

Who really couldn't give a **** about Jade Goody's 'ordeal'

My mate's Grandad died of cancer a couple of years ago, where were the press then

And he was a worthwhile human being
Old 16 September 2008, 08:29 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

It's the culture of celebrity I'm afraid.

Personally I hope she gets through it, but is it news and am I interested?

Nope.
Old 16 September 2008, 08:30 PM
Simon C
Scooby Regular

Nope I'm with you on this 1.

Dad, uncle and grandad all had cancer of 1 form or another. Only 1 is still alive and thats dad.
Old 16 September 2008, 08:47 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

From the Richard Wright thread

Originally Posted by Blue Dragoon
At lest he died peacefully. Not all over the front pages of the tabloid press. "F**k off Jade Goody"
Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii
I know what you're saying about Goody, there are thousands in this country dying of cancer and she is using it as a sobbing publicity machine with all these wild headlines on various papers, the papers are no better in pandering to her.
Old 16 September 2008, 10:54 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can sympathise with her as anyone with a nasty illness, my problem is that we shouldnt be aware of her anyway.

However, that said, we are stuck with her now so I hope she makes a full recovery and lives to haunt Heat magazine for a few years yet.

I think the culture of celebrity has brought it home that these are just people, not demi gods, far from it in most cases.
Old 16 September 2008, 11:10 PM
Lisawrx

Well said JACKO.

Whether she is liked or not, or whether we 'should' know about it or not, is yes, debateable. However, in the grand scheme of things that is going to happen to a point being a nowadays 'celebrity', whether some of us like it or not.

I personally feel for her, or anyone else going through something like this (or any other ordeal). Not because I like her, or the fact it's being perhaps used in her case, but because I wouldn't wish that on anyone, and I would wish her recovery despite my personal feelings.

The more time goes on, the more I realise just how many people have been effected by cancer either directly, or someone they know (family or friends), myself included. When I see that, know how I feel, and others and how it's impacted their lives, I wouldn't honestly wish that on my worst enemy. Maybe she is fame hungry, and is using this to her advantage, but I would still wish her well regardless. Plus all the publicity in the world won't really help, should the worst happen.
Old 16 September 2008, 11:17 PM
Odds on
Scooby Regular

Max Clifford is her publicist - Can you really believe any of this?

There's more chance of me winning the Lottery (Which I don't play) tomorrow, than Jade actually having cancer and finding out on the Indian version of Big Bollocks. Whats more, I reckon the Euro Lottery (which again, I don't play) has more chance of coming in than her condition being 'worse than expected'.

Max knows his stuff - No Doctor will ever confirm or deny this crap.

A lovely PR stunt.
Old 16 September 2008, 11:19 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by CrisPDuk
Who really couldn't give a **** about Jade Goody's 'ordeal'

My mate's Grandad died of cancer a couple of years ago, where were the press then

And he was a worthwhile human being

The world we live in, It's the celebrities that get the limelight. Whether they have negative or a positive image, it don't matter. I saw a video of Billy Connoley (sp.)once, where he says that people want to see his films/talk about him more when he performs a baddy Baddies get a lot of attention. Same goes for Jade Baddy. I have never seen her perform, but she sounds mean. However, TBH I don't wish even her any agony either. I'd rather her apologising to her abused ones than going though a life threatening desease.
(Did she do that? I dunno )
Old 16 September 2008, 11:21 PM
Odds on
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Turbohot
The world we live in, It's the celebrities that get the limelight. Whether they have negative or a positive image, it don't matter. I saw a video of Billy Connoley (sp.)once,
where he says that people want to see his films/talk about him more when he performs a baddy Baddies get a lot of attention. Same goes for Jade Baddy. I have never seen her perform, but she sounds mean. However, TBH I don't wish even her any agony either. I'd rather her apologising to her abused ones than going though a life threatening desease.
(Did she do that? I dunno )
Psst, Turbohot. She's fine. There's nought wrong with her.
Old 16 September 2008, 11:23 PM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

Is she only famous for being the stupidest person ever to grace our screens or did she do something that I missed?
Old 16 September 2008, 11:25 PM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

I don't care about her as I don't know her, but it's sad when anyone is ill and faced with death at a young age.

Poor lass. It's not her fault she's famous - it's the fault of those that buy into the crap she's in that she annoys you.

Not her fault she's ill though.

Last edited by fatherpierre; 16 September 2008 at 11:27 PM.
Old 16 September 2008, 11:26 PM
Lisawrx

Swati (sp, and can I call you that?)

I'm not a fan or follower of her personally, but so far as I'm aware, she is not a totally bad person. She made some comments a while back, that were racist and generally unpleasant, which I think were bang out of order. Other than that, I don't think she has done much else in other than be a bit stupid. I do believe she apologised, how genuine that was, is anyone's guess.

Like I said, like her or not, care or not, fine. I wouldn't wish this illness on anyone.
Old 16 September 2008, 11:29 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Odds on
Psst, Turbohot. She's fine. There's nought wrong with her.
Oh

I didn't know that. I am pleased that she is ok whoever she is. I have never seen her on telly etc. All I have heard is that she is a bad girl with big chest, that's all.
Old 16 September 2008, 11:30 PM
Removed.
Scooby Regular

As others have said, I'm sorry she's ill, no matter how serious or hyped it is, but I couldn't give a rats ar$e about it. I think all this reality TV stuff is a LOAD OF SH1TE! The 1st BB was vaguely interesting as an experiment in psychology, but we didn't need the next 57 series of it, nor the copycat programmes, or all the x-factor, pop idol (poop idol!) blox either.
Old 16 September 2008, 11:35 PM
Odds on
Scooby Regular

Just to clarify :

Max Clifford -> Indian big brother -> shock announcement -> even worse announcement = Bull****.

HTH
Old 16 September 2008, 11:41 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Lisawrx
Swati (sp, and can I call you that?)
Of course, Lisa!

As long as you don't call me really, really early in the morning, that will do

I'm not a fan or follower of her personally, but so far as I'm aware, she is not a totally bad person. She made some comments a while back, that were racist and generally unpleasant, which I think were bang out of order. Other than that, I don't think she has done much else in other than be a bit stupid. I do believe she apologised, how genuine that was, is anyone's guess.

Like I said, like her or not, care or not, fine. I wouldn't wish this illness on anyone.
Me too, Lisa.

IMO Ignorance and childish behaviours don't count, when it comes to someone's life. Going with what media has enlightened, Jade didn't exactly possess any psychopathic tendencies to be wished a deadly illness upon her in my honest opinion.
Old 16 September 2008, 11:46 PM
Lisawrx

Of course, Lisa!

As long as you don't call me really, really early in the morning, that will do

Me too, Lisa.

IMO Ignorance and childish behaviours don't count, when it comes to someone's life. Going with what media has enlightened, Jade didn't exactly possess any psychopathic tendencies to be wished a deadly illness upon her in my honest opinion.
My sentiments exactly.

Don't worry about the morning thing, I'm not a morning person, so I won't disturb you then. Unless of course you are talking about late night/early morning, then I always seem to be still sitting here wide awake.
Old 16 September 2008, 11:50 PM
speye91
Scooby Regular

Max Clifford is her publicist - Can you really believe any of this?

There's more chance of me winning the Lottery (Which I don't play) tomorrow, than Jade actually having cancer and finding out on the Indian version of Big Bollocks. Whats more, I reckon the Euro Lottery (which again, I don't play) has more chance of coming in than her condition being 'worse than expected'.

Max knows his stuff - No Doctor will ever confirm or deny this crap.

A lovely PR stunt.

Im sorry,but why would anyone make up,that they had cancer.Im sure Health,is better than Wealth.
Old 16 September 2008, 11:52 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ChunkyDunky
I think all this reality TV stuff is a LOAD OF SH1TE! The 1st BB was vaguely interesting as an experiment in psychology, but we didn't need the next 57 series of it, nor the copycat programmes, or all the x-factor, pop idol (poop idol!) blox either.

+1

Big Brother is one of the most stagnant programes I have seen on telly. It hardly offers me any stimulation. I only caught the glimpses of it. Whenever I did, Jesus! I switched over to even Music bleddy channel to watch Maria Carrey in action, man! Says it all
Old 17 September 2008, 12:17 AM
Odds on
Scooby Regular

With regards to the infraction I have received :

Can the person that inflicted it please explain as to why? The reason I ask is I work in this industry and know what goes on, so I think my post is valid.

Jade, dumb as she may be, is sadly being lead on by someone SHE is paying a fortune to. He's pretty clever at what he does, and there's no doubt he's making her a fortune.

I'd like a response, else I'll have no choice but to appeal and request that your banned for being a right royal tit. I thank you.

PS, cheers for the PM's telling me about this lad's and lasses.
Old 17 September 2008, 12:19 AM
speye91
Scooby Regular

Well it was not me.
Old 17 September 2008, 12:21 AM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

I have no time whatsoever for Jade Goody. I think she is the ugliest thing I have ever seen.

I am sorry for her suffering a nasty illness, as I would be for anyone. My Mum has fought Cancer and she did not raise cash through publicity for it.

I do not want to see Jades fight in the papers or anywhere as I am not remotely interested.

Oh and whoever infracted Odds On, for goodness sake, get a life.
Old 17 September 2008, 12:27 AM
Lisawrx

Odds on, I like you, and if you personally feel you have been wronged, you should appeal regardless of whether the infractor speaks up or not.

If you believe you have said nothing wrong, stand up for yourself.

I don't work in your industry, so couldn't comment on the truth. I believe in basic decency, and struggle to believe this has been made up, I could be wrong though.

Perhaps your comments would have been taken in a different way if you had said sooner you are in this business, possibly not, and ultimately you may well not know the real truth either.

I don't believe in infractions, I think, say what you think if you have a problem with what another says, at least that way the person doing 'wrong' can be aware of why.
Old 17 September 2008, 12:30 AM
Odds on
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by speye91
Well it was not me.
I didn't think it was.

If we all thought the same and knew the same, the world would be a bit crap really.
Old 17 September 2008, 12:39 AM
Odds on
Scooby Regular

84 - Evening

Lisa, I think the person responsible should have their chance here. They obviously feel strongly on the subject, so I'd like to hear those views. In policy the thread will get locked after Webby has his say, so that kind of denies them the opportunity to explain.

If they don't, then I'll go for an unjustified thingy. (And a request for a go of their sister )

^ That's a joke btw for the one's who suffer a humour failure.
Old 17 September 2008, 12:45 AM
speye91
Scooby Regular

Looks bad on my account,that after i posted,you recived an infraction.But im sure ,and peeople who know me on here,would say that im not into using me Infractor Gun.
Old 17 September 2008, 12:45 AM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Odds On, people that are unable to make their point reasonably and well enough will cowardly infract the posts like yours.

Very sad IMO.
Old 17 September 2008, 12:50 AM
Odds on
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by speye91
Looks bad on my account,that after i posted,you recived an infraction.But im sure ,and peeople who know me on here,would say that im not into using me Infractor Gun.
Double bluff?

Old 17 September 2008, 12:54 AM
Odds on
Scooby Regular

Odds On, people that are unable to make their point reasonably and well enough will cowardly infract the posts like yours.

Very sad IMO.
Cheers Swati.

Hopefully they'll come forward and explain. No point doing it if you can't justify it after all.
Old 17 September 2008, 12:56 AM
speye91
Scooby Regular

Double bluff?

Naa,sorry i have the ***** to say it was me.