Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

..bad drivers...

Search this Thread

Old 13 September 2008, 10:01 AM
urdad
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ..bad drivers...

At work we had a certain drive training association in,if you live in the area (berks/bucks)these are the people that would have taken you for training if you got caught without your seat belt or minor speeding offence.
Anyway the company got them in becasue they are showing "due diligance" towards "coporate manslaughter" regarding traveling on company time.
My manager wanted feedback,he got it...I thought the bloke was a ****,valid reasons.
He started off by comparing speeders with burglars ,to which I raised the point burglars go out to commit crime but drivers don't go out to commit crime they just may break the law during the course of their travels,he wouldn't have it.
Everytime we raised a point or argued with him he said drivers wouldn't do that,to which some replied how do you know how I drive.
His point was the amount of fatalities on our roads ( <3,000 last year/lowest in Europe and coming down/his figures) and was always harping on about how bad we were as drivers,to which we replied if we were that bad surely the figures would be higher.
As I see it because he deals with "lawbreakers" on a regular basis he regards all drivers as bad,inconsiderate criminals.
Annoying **** to say the least......
Old 13 September 2008, 10:13 AM
Steve vRS
Scooby Regular

I had one of these trainer types who went on and on about speeding being the worst possbile crime erver. Right up until the point we met a police advanced driving instructor at a skid pan who complained about everyone focusing on speeding as being the worst driving offence. His view was that it was inappropriate speed that was at fault, not just breaking the limit.

The crap trainer was very quiet on the way home...

Steve
Old 13 September 2008, 10:19 AM
nixxon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Steve Sherwen
I had one of these trainer types who went on and on about speeding being the worst possbile crime erver. Right up until the point we met a police advanced driving instructor at a skid pan who complained about everyone focusing on speeding as being the worst driving offence. His view was that it was inappropriate speed that was at fault, not just breaking the limit.

The crap trainer was very quiet on the way home...

Steve
Promote that man! He's wasted at the skid-pan, but probably having too much fun