Bug Eyed Peas - Update from family

Search this Thread

Old 11 September 2008, 08:47 PM
Hamster02
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bug Eyed Peas - Update from family

Hi all

Thought it was about time that I finally had the courage to log onto here and show my face, even though it is still so hard.

I found out the day after Ant died that his dad had died from cancer, so one set back from another happened, then last week my brothers wife's mum died again from cancer. I think four deaths in less that a year is enough for any family, especially the ages of some of them.

Most people will know I sold our scooby, broke my heart but I couldnt go near it. Ben has been through a rough time of it but he has kep me going and is doing so well at school, I can only be so proud of him.

We are now selling the house, it is just too difficult for us to live here, too many memories and I get angry at what has happened especially as he was overlooked at Leeds so often, I find it hard that they did not investigate things further when they were unsure. I am still on sick at the moment, not sure what work think of it but I cannot face going back at the moment. And anyway I wouldn't be any good I still aren't sleeping and lack concentration. As for me I am muddling on for our son and thats the end of the line. I am still struggling dealing with a long time illness myself which deteriorates the more I stuggle to deal with things. My family have been absolutely brilliant but for me, I cannot get over how much crap we had to deal with. Its Ant's birthday this month and I am not sure how I am going to cope with it, but thinking of how many mates he had on here makes me smile. Life is still so hard.

I hope one day I will be able to meet you all but at the moment it is too painful for me.

Kind regards to you all

Ange and Ben
Old 11 September 2008, 08:57 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Good luck.
Old 11 September 2008, 09:00 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Hi,

Didn't know Ant personally but saw posts on here.

Just posted above this one about problems contacting companies etc. and then read this - makes me realise I have nothing to moan about really.

Wishing you the very best - I know that sounds trite, but what wouldn't.
Old 11 September 2008, 09:01 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

I've still got him in my msn, can't bear to take him out. Have also got a couple of nice pics of Anth somewhere, from Elvington.

He is sadly missed, was a lovely man.

All the best to you both x
Old 11 September 2008, 09:59 PM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I didn't know Ant at all, but after reading your touching post here Ange, I couldn't be rude and just click away. Time heals everything they say, and I really hope it does so for you two too soon, as you are clearly still hurting.

You are a obviously a very sincere, brave and strong person for posting at this time. Sincere best wishes and good luck to you and your boy.
Old 11 September 2008, 10:08 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

I know it was very hard for you to post on here, as Sn was so dear to Ant and he had so many friends on here, both online and ones that knew and had met him. And I feel sorry and saddened at all the tragedy you have had to deal with over the year, but it is heart warming to see you post on here after such a long time.

Dont be a stranger and say hi to ben from all of us.
Old 11 September 2008, 10:48 PM
speedymonkey
Scooby Regular

Location: On the PC, sipping a beer and listing to old skool choons :)

I too didnt know Ant, but his snet name always made me smile, and i always read his posts

Makes you realise how petty some things in life seem after hearing a heart felt post like that

Im know the whole of the Snet community will be saddened by the loss of a well known member, and the place will be worse off without him

All the best to the both of you, Ric X.
Old 11 September 2008, 11:13 PM
martyrobertsdj
Scooby Regular

Hi Ange,

Glad you managed to find the time and courage to log on and post a thread. I'm sure you will find plenty of friendly "faces" on here; many of us who knew Ant' (however well, or little).

I cannot imagine the pain and stress that so many sad ocurrences in a short time would bring, but rest assured our thoughts are with you.

Please do not hesitate to post again should you require any support and/or assistance from the Scooby community......particularly us "York" lot

Good luck and best wishes to you and Ben for the near future; please accept my thoughts for you.....right here and now

Marty