Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

New satnav unit needed

Search this Thread

Old 04 September 2008, 09:35 AM
Simon C
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New satnav unit needed

Well I think 1 will be needed. I currently have TomTom installed on my Acer N35 pda, but the battery aint charging (the power connector is broken) I have bought a new 1 to try, but am not hopefull as the locator "wings" aren't on it so the connector will slide out.

Not a big deal the PDA is 4 years and served me well.

So what do peeps here recommend? I would like to stick to TomTom software as it certainly seems the best of the 4 different units I've seen working in friends cars.
Old 04 September 2008, 10:25 AM
stilover
Scooby Regular

I have a Road Angel 9000.

Have to say, it's very good indeed. Obviously you get the SatNav, but speed camera site too. Also it's Mobile phone technology, so it's updated it's self on the move. No need to plug it into a PC.

Weather and traffic reports are live too. Went down to Rockingham a few weeks ago. It flashed up "Due to traffic information, we a redirecting you" so what ever was the caused to Traffic delays on the Motorway, I missed them. Took me off the Motorway, and 15 minutes later I was back on at another junction and had avoided being in a tailback. Brilliant.

Highly recommended.
Old 04 September 2008, 10:29 AM
Ant
Scooby Regular

I have a TOM TOM 520, love it i had a pda installed tom tom.

there selling for £170 at halfords atm. Cool thing is you can change your car symbol to a scooby if you wish or other cars

Highly reccommend this unit , in my opinion tom tom is like apple there the only one to have in the sat nav world.
Old 04 September 2008, 10:35 AM
Blue by You
Scooby Regular

I had the N35 too. Out in the middle of nowhere one day and unknown to me the charging socket had become dislodged and stopped chrging. I hit a large pot hole which knocked the PDA out of it's mount and the unit cut out completely leaving me stranded in the sticks with no map!

Got myself a recon Tom Tom 710 next day from Total PDA (google it). Excellent piece of kit, as new condition and half price. Already had a road angel so cameras not an issue.