Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

rant: credit card system, cancelled payments

Search this Thread

Old 01 September 2008, 04:55 PM
mykp
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rant: credit card system, cancelled payments

I am in a really bad, foul, stinking mood at the moment, seething with rage. I have been trying to buy some equipment today and my credit card provider keeps declining the transaction.

I wouldnt mind but I even phoned them at 9am to ask if my balance was available and told they I would be placing an order today for 14k.

Was asked who i'd be placing the order with and told "Okay no problem, sir"

4:30 and they have declined the order 5 times.!!!! B'stards

I have wasted an entire day on the phone to the supplier or the credit card company and in the end lost the plot on the phone to my credit card provider as they again rejected a transaction after assuring me 4 times they wouldnt.

I have spent nearly 2 hours on the phone to some 0870 sh1thole in india before finally being put through to some one who spoke proper english.. Someone in Ireland no less who I could equally no understand.

Eventually told its their automated system which keeps declining the transaction, put in place to protect ME from un-authorised access. "what even though I phoned to tell you this morning about it?", "yes sir the system doesnt take into account the details entered onto the system"

Whats the f'ing point of me phoning then!

Still dont know if the transaction has gone through and the deadline for orders is 5pm. I had ordered at 9am so I could get the early bird delivery which is order before 1pm but that out of the window so its sit and wait for the delivery monkey if the order goes through.

Right i'm off to smack my business manager in the side of his head and move my bank account somewhere that gives a damn.
Old 01 September 2008, 07:45 PM
PaulC72
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah it is a little frustrating, I had the same problem with my own Debit card they stopped me buying 1000 euros as part of fraud prevention, I wouldn't mind but it was A) from the post office website & B) that card has been used to pay 14k for a car without so much as a blink from them, I can never understand it & think it is an excuse for something else.