Advice with ebay scammer ?

Search this Thread

Old 14 August 2008, 11:26 AM
340BHP-WRX
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice with ebay scammer ?

I won an auction for a '95 wrx dashboard on Monday which I won for £5

I haven't had any contact with the seller after emailing him about 8 times asking when I can arrange a courier to collect or even collect it myself.

I have his name and address and haven't sent him any money but i'm abit pi55ed off as I need the dashboard for the weekend to fit in my car.

He's been active on ebay since Monday as he's been left feedback for another item and has left that person feedback.

What's the best way to sort this out ? Has anyone else had similar problems ?
Old 14 August 2008, 11:36 AM
Henrik
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

I think your best course of action is to start looking for a new dash to be honest. From my experience (and I'm sure others) some people will not send out the items if they sell for less than they want, and to be honest, there's nothing much you can do about it.

I know it says that you're entering into a contract yadda yadda, but of course this problem is similar to those of non-paying bidders, i.e. there's not a whole lot you can do, really
Old 14 August 2008, 11:41 AM
340BHP-WRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Henrik
I think your best course of action is to start looking for a new dash to be honest. From my experience (and I'm sure others) some people will not send out the items if they sell for less than they want, and to be honest, there's nothing much you can do about it.

I know it says that you're entering into a contract yadda yadda, but of course this problem is similar to those of non-paying bidders, i.e. there's not a whole lot you can do, really
Maybe it wouldn't bother me so much if he just replied to me saying that he doesn't want to sell it that cheap !

I can see why more and more people are saying to stay clear of ebay !
Old 14 August 2008, 12:27 PM
Henrik
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by 340BHP-WRX
Maybe it wouldn't bother me so much if he just replied to me saying that he doesn't want to sell it that cheap !

I can see why more and more people are saying to stay clear of ebay !
I feel the same as well when it happens, like if the seller doesn't want to sell it, fine, but at least let the other party know so that they don't waste time waiting and can get themselves sorted some other way... pisses me off no end...
Old 14 August 2008, 12:53 PM
PaulC72
Scooby Regular

The transaction hasn't really started yet as you haven't paid, if you pay and then he doesn't reply then you could have an avenue of recourse but currently he is waiting for you to pay by the way Ebay is set out.

i know it doesn't help but since it is only a fiver why not pay it and see what happens?
Old 15 August 2008, 09:21 AM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

Despite the ill informed BS Ebay put on the site about your bid being a legally binding contract if you win etc... simple fact is that it isnt. The seller has NO obligation to sell to you at any specific price. This also works both ways in that buyers have no obligation to pay once they have won an auction.

Your only recourse is to file a report with Ebay for a 'non performing seller'