Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Lastest NuLabor handouts for Benefit Scroungers

Search this Thread

Old 10 August 2008, 06:27 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lastest NuLabor handouts for Benefit Scroungers

"Millions of families could be in line for a windfall of about £150 this winter as Gordon Brown seeks to reinvigorate his troubled premiership.

Ministers are thought to be considering the one-off payment to all households in receipt of child benefit..."

Gordon Brown's winter warmer could gift families £150 | Politics | guardian.co.uk

Makes you sick in the pit of your stomach doesn't it?

Bribes and handouts for the NuLabor underclass while the decent hardworking people have to find extra money for increased fuel bills themselves, then watch as their taxes are gifted to the wasters who sit on their ***** contributing nothing.
Old 10 August 2008, 06:43 PM
Flatcapdriver
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by unclebuck
"Millions of families could be in line for a windfall of about £150 this winter as Gordon Brown seeks to reinvigorate his troubled premiership.

Ministers are thought to be considering the one-off payment to all households in receipt of child benefit..."

Gordon Brown's winter warmer could gift families £150 | Politics | guardian.co.uk

Bribes and handouts for the NuLabor underclass while the decent hardworking people have to find extra money for increased fuel bills themselves, then watch as their taxes are gifted to the wasters who sit on their ***** contributing nothing.
I think you'll find that the majority of the middle classes claim the child allowance. Hence the handout.
Old 10 August 2008, 06:49 PM
Ru55e11
Scooby Regular

If you have children, you're entitled to child benefit no matter what your income, savings or lifestyle.

This £150 will go to these people.

I bet we all know someone with children. They're all scroungers aren't they.

<Russ>
Old 10 August 2008, 06:49 PM
zs_phil
Scooby Regular

yaaaaaaaaa we claim child benefit i think everyone is entitled to that

hmmm £150 think ill get some mudflaps and centre decat or put it to an sti genome backbox powerwrx seems to like his

o and the kids ill buy them some white chocolate buttons
Old 10 August 2008, 06:52 PM
Flatcapdriver
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ru55e11
If you have children, you're entitled to child benefit no matter what your income, savings or lifestyle.

This £150 will go to these people.

I bet we all know someone with children. They're all scroungers aren't they.

<Russ>
Don't let the facts get in the way of a good blood boiler.

I can't decide which is funnier, Robin actually reading the Guardian or completely mis-interpreting the article.

Old 10 August 2008, 07:08 PM
Mitchy260
Scooby Regular

UB...I think you've jumped in with 2 feet and not thought about the title

The article has nothing to do with benefit scroungers. Put it this way, i would be highly surprised if the Beckams accountant wasn't claiming CB for their 3 children. Extremely wealthy people are entitled to this ''benefit'' not just the poor and the needy.

Me, i see the CB i receive for my little 1 as a little tax rebate £12k paid in last year, £978 back in CB, only £11k wasted. Makes it easier for me to swallow looking at it that way

Last edited by Mitchy260; 10 August 2008 at 07:10 PM.
Old 10 August 2008, 07:27 PM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

Cool
Old 10 August 2008, 07:28 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Ok - let me clarify.

Yes, I know all those with children receive the benefit - (although I believe that's also wrong and should be means tested on a case by case basis - the bottom line being - if you can't afford children, don't have them.). This is a subject for a quite seperate deabate, though post 4 above helps back up that argument.

What sticks in my craw in particular is the way NuLabor seeks to bribe the undeserving my my taxes in order to try to secure their vote. This has nothing to do with wanting to help anybody it is simply a device to help their (lack of) popularity. Seems to work too.
Old 10 August 2008, 07:30 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

UB = FAIL!
Old 10 August 2008, 07:31 PM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

I'll get the handout and I still won't vote for him. We're not ALL stupid just cos we've got kids!
Old 10 August 2008, 07:32 PM
jods
Scooby Senior

UB = SPOT ON!!!!
Old 10 August 2008, 07:34 PM
Flatcapdriver
Scooby Regular

Ok - let me clarify.

Yes, I know all those with children receive the benefit - (although I believe that's also wrong and should be means tested on a case by case basis - the bottom line being - if you can't afford children, don't have them.). This is a subject for a quite seperate deabate, though post 4 above helps back up that argument.

What sticks in my craw in particular is the way NuLabor seeks to bribe the undeserving my my taxes in order to try to secure their vote. This has nothing to do with wanting to help anybody it is simply a device to help their (lack of) popularity. Seems to work too.
So, you're still saying that all those who claim child benefit are...

the NuLabor underclass, ... wasters who sit on their ***** contributing nothing.
Old 10 August 2008, 07:39 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Flatcapdriver
So, you're still saying that all those who claim child benefit are...
The key word is claim as opposed to recieve. I'm struggling to work out whether or not you are being deliberately obtuse, or just a tincy wincy bit slow.
Old 10 August 2008, 07:40 PM
Mitchy260
Scooby Regular

Give UB a bit of slack, i think he is trying to admit he could have worded the thread a little bit better
Old 10 August 2008, 09:26 PM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

...the wasters who sit on their ***** contributing nothing.
Bloody children!

Old 11 August 2008, 01:54 AM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Well you reached a new level of one-eyed stupidity with post.

What has any of this got to do with benefit scoungers, why do you assume anyone claiming is scounging?

The new labour underclass as you so dimly stated, aren't the ones that voted Labour in, it was the middle class that voted for Blair, they were the ones that made the difference (unless anyone with children is now part of this underclass) - don't you understand that?

Why don't you write to the chancellor and get him to ring fence your all so important taxes, for things that you want them spent on!

You have to go along way to find a more ignorant, stupid and poorly thought out thread as your inane diratribe.

FFS if this government said the world isn't flat you'd fuking disagree
Old 11 August 2008, 07:38 AM
spireite
BANNED

UB are you moaning about :-

a people who claim child benefit
or
b people who claim child benefit being bribed for their vote
Old 11 August 2008, 08:49 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by spireite
or
b people who claim child benefit being bribed for their vote
He is moaning about this

I think giving £150 to all families receiving child benefit is obviously a move that is hard to criticise.

However, two things:

(i)It could be perhpas better focused; there will be familiae on the breadline that could do with £300, and families that are having to limit themselves to just the 6 holidays this year that perhaps don't need the money as much.

(ii)It's not solving the root cause of the problem. We need basic survival requirments to be cheaper (as mad as that sounds)
Old 11 August 2008, 08:57 AM
pwhittle
Scooby Regular

Ok - let me clarify.

There's certainly a good arguement for means testing CB, but it would cost far more to adminster than the £17 / week or whatever. It would make sense to add it to tax credit though, which is already means tested (and a complete shambles!)
Old 11 August 2008, 11:14 AM
Henrik
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

What about us with no children then? Do we not need heating?
Old 11 August 2008, 11:17 AM
harry flatters
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Henrik
What about us with no children then? Do we not need heating?
If you don't have children you can afford heating.
Old 11 August 2008, 11:18 AM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

means testing is a dis-incentive to save, and as pointed out costs huge amounts to administer. Good in theory, bad in practice
Old 11 August 2008, 11:19 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by PeteBrant
He is moaning about this

I think giving £150 to all families receiving child benefit is obviously a move that is hard to criticise.

However, two things:

(i)It could be perhpas better focused; there will be familiae on the breadline that could do with £300, and families that are having to limit themselves to just the 6 holidays this year that perhaps don't need the money as much.

(ii)It's not solving the root cause of the problem. We need basic survival requirments to be cheaper (as mad as that sounds)
Oh God i am doing it again - i agree with PB.
Old 11 August 2008, 11:21 AM
Flatcapdriver
Scooby Regular

The key word is claim as opposed to recieve. I'm struggling to work out whether or not you are being deliberately obtuse, or just a tincy wincy bit slow.
I'm being neither but just watching you try to crawl out of a hole of your own making is enjoyable. What you fail to understand is that this type of soundbite politics appeals to people like yourself, who have no genuine understanding of politics and jump on and off bandwagons without realising what the bigger picture is. Either the numpties on the fringes jump up and down getting over excited, consequently making themselves look stupid and HMG's position more tenable (good result for Flash), or they're gullible enough to believe HMG is on their side.

Basic politics - indulged by all parties. That'll be the Tories as well. Just in case you haven't got it yet.

What's happened here is that, as usual, you've been blinded by your hatred of Labour, completely mis-interpreted which part of the electorate this potential (and let's realise that this isn't policy as yet) handout is aimed at (anyone who receives/claims child benefit i.e. the majority of the qualifying population) and stated that anyone who receives Child Benefit is a state sponsored scrounging member of the Labour underclass.

Now, we could go round and round in circles whilst you feebly attempt to wriggle out of your ridiculous statements and back peddle furiously or you could actually gain some respect round here and admit you're wrong.

I know. Unlikely.

Old 11 August 2008, 12:04 PM
Henrik
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by harry flatters
If you don't have children you can afford heating.
Not everyone who hasn't got children is on a massive wage living the high-life. Typical New Labour trying to buy votes using massive amounts of tax money.Wont make any difference to the poll figures (I hope).
Old 11 August 2008, 12:47 PM
BIG FUD
Scooby Regular

Smile lmao

I think in future think before you post comes to mind lmaolmao
Old 11 August 2008, 01:38 PM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Not everyone who hasn't got children is on a massive wage living the high-life. Typical New Labour trying to buy votes using massive amounts of tax money.Wont make any difference to the poll figures (I hope).
To be fair, what's he supposed to do?

Ignore it? Would you rather no one got the money?

I mean the people most at risk from illness are the very old and the very young, and now both those sets get financial aid.

It's not perfect by any means, but it is *something* and it will help families that desperately need it. I don't think this is a bribe in anyway shape or form.
Old 11 August 2008, 02:24 PM
Henrik
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by PeteBrant
To be fair, what's he supposed to do?

Ignore it? Would you rather no one got the money?

I mean the people most at risk from illness are the very old and the very young, and now both those sets get financial aid.

It's not perfect by any means, but it is *something* and it will help families that desperately need it. I don't think this is a bribe in anyway shape or form.
Well, now my tax money will pay for a whole lot of people who don't need it as well. I don't see why this should be limited to people who are either old or have children.

If it's so expensive to pay for heating, start saving up in spring (e.g increase the size of your direct debit a bit so that you're in credit and not in debt).
Old 11 August 2008, 02:43 PM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

don't see why this should be limited to people who are either old or have children.
Because those are the age groups most at risk from exposure to cold.
If it's so expensive to pay for heating, start saving up in spring (e.g increase the size of your direct debit a bit so that you're in credit and not in debt).
What do you mean "if"? Are you saying that fuel bills [i]aren't[i] expensive?

You'll probably find that the people that this is designed to help, do not have the option of saving at all. As a catch all, everyone with kids is getting it. Just like everyone over the age of 65 gets the winter payment. Like I said, it's not ideal, but it is something.

What does it matter to you anyway? Has your tax gone up as a direct result of this measure?

Quick Reply: Lastest NuLabor handouts for Benefit Scroungers