Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

ARRRGHHHH Women and Cars

Search this Thread

Old 09 August 2008, 12:39 PM
Cockney Wideboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ARRRGHHHH Women and Cars

well my women and cars anyhow...don't want to steoro type.

but how can i get my girlfriend to look after her car??

when i got the subaru i gave her my old car.

was nothing special just a vauxhall astra but it was imaculate. the inside was spotless and the outside had only very very minor defects.

anyhow i told her that depending on how she looked after it would depend on how soon she got a new car.

in a year she has
kurbed the alloys,
marked the paint work because she won't wash bird **** off if i'm not there to do it,
Turned the interior into a rubbish bin
broke the glove box
taken a massive chunk out of the dash
got countless dents from the car parks as she insists on parking as close to the shops as possible even if it means squezing into space so tight that she struggles to get out of the car.

I'm not really arsed about the car and just let her get on with it as every time i mention to her about taking better care of it i get it in the ear but how the hell can i get to start looking after a car before i spend Łk's on a new one?
She really wants a new car but as she can't afford to buy one it would be me that pays for it now i don't want to go spending Łk's on a new car for it to be in a complete state in a few years down the line.

i know she can do it as she is very very careful in my car.
and she was the same with the astra when i owned it.

so she takes great care in others peoples cars but treats her only like ****.

How can i get her to look after her own car? saying i wont buy her a new until she does doesn't seem to be working and does anyone else on here have the same problem?
Old 09 August 2008, 01:08 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Make her save and buy her own and pay for repairs too, that should make her a bit more careful, I suppose.
Old 09 August 2008, 01:15 PM
richs2891
Scooby Regular

lol must be a female thing, my misses car is the same, full of rubbish inside, scrapes, scratches dints etc on the outside, dull paint work.
Yet her house is immaculate, - really dont get it !

Richard

Last edited by richs2891; 09 August 2008 at 01:16 PM. Reason: x
Old 09 August 2008, 01:24 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gets on my **** as well, mine is spotless but I dont have the kids in it very often, hers though, crisp bags, chocolate on the seats, snot wiped on seats, toes nail clippings, drink cartons, stones (why do kids collect stones), sticks, old comics and I always clean it, mind you the front isnt much better, she is at least not too bad at damaging it (so far).

My brothers mother in law donated her daughter three year old Astra, took a weekend to clean, every corner bashed, every wheel kerbed, she replaced it with a brand new Eos and thats going the same way, treated like sh1te, 17 inch alloys are now 16 3/4 inches.

I dont understand the mentality of spending 20 grand on a car and then treating it so badly, even if you arent interested there is a basic idea to keep it reasonable to make it saleable when you come to change.

Girl I used to work with got a Mini, dead basic, couldnt really afford the finance and proceeded to turn it into a heap, surely the idea of paying for it every month for 5 years would make you think it would be nice to keep it looking well, amazes me, the treating it rubbish, she was on about 12 grand a year and in debt yet turned her nose up at everything apart from a brand new Mini, aged about 19, I suppose you have to have something that befits your status when you work in the post/admin arena, it annoys me, a lot think they deserve the best without actually doing anything to warrant it.
Old 09 August 2008, 01:31 PM
RJM25R
Scooby Regular

Buy her/get her to buy a car that SHE likes. . . . My wife was always like that, but once she got her first beetle, she washed/polished/parks away from everyone/vacs/doesn't kerb wheels etc etc etc
Old 09 August 2008, 01:39 PM
Cockney Wideboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RJM25R
Buy her/get her to buy a car that SHE likes. . . . My wife was always like that, but once she got her first beetle, she washed/polished/parks away from everyone/vacs/doesn't kerb wheels etc etc etc
that could be the key TBH.

she had a ford KA before and i gave her the offer of keeping the KA and i would sell the astra putting extra money towards the scooby or she could sell the KA keep the money for her self and have the astra.

so she took the astra as it made sense.

the KA was getting a bit old and tired and rusting to hell.

the astra had less miles electric everything etc more power and more comfort but it was a decision taken by her head rather than her heart.
she likes the car but doesn't love it.

were as, as stupid as it may sound i loved the astra it was my first proper car if you like as i got it when i was a stundent and i couldn't afford to run anything bigger than a 1.6.

i'm just worried that she will treat the new car the same.

she really wants a mini cooper S or a corsa VXR
Old 09 August 2008, 04:26 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Smart cars were made specifically for wimmin. Plastic panels that can't be dented or scratched, very small so easy to park, automatic and a boot which restricts shopping potential (a man designed that bit ). The insurance industry would probably be more profitable if they just gave every wimmin a Smart FREE! on the day they passed their test and that was all they were allowed, a new one every 10 years, again FREE! All the claims must add up to more
Old 09 August 2008, 04:45 PM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

Give her the repair bills...and make her pay them (not on a card either)

I know of one women with a brand new Merc C class who scrubbed off bird crap with a brillo pad. Suffice to say, it wrecked the paintwork - couldn't even be rectified buffing it, as the sractches had gone down too deep. Therefore big bill.

As for the cleanliness of the interior. Get a swap sample of the gear stick and steering wheel. Get it analysed for bacteria. Show the result to your G/F. And highlight any nasties like E.Coli. (fact: private vehicles are one of the most unhygenic places to be )

Last edited by Shark Man; 09 August 2008 at 04:48 PM.
Old 09 August 2008, 04:54 PM
Ms Gooner 1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Cockney Wideboy

How can i get her to look after her own car? saying i wont buy her a new until she does doesn't seem to be working and does anyone else on here have the same problem?

By making her buy it herself and teaching her how to check oil and water etc and for her to pay for the insurance/tax/MOT and repairs!

My first car was a Vauxhall Nova - cost me Ł1200. Despite being the only child that bothered to learn to drive - my folks would not buy me a car - so i got a loan. At the time I knew nothing really about cars, but I had to learn. EVERY saturday, I washed and sometimes waxed my "baby", checked my oil and water and hoovered her out inside - she was immaculate

I've never kerbed a car to know the annoyance of that and I use parent and child spaces at the shops
Old 09 August 2008, 05:47 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Originally Posted by corradoboy
Smart cars were made specifically for wimmin. Plastic panels that can't be dented or scratched, very small so easy to park, automatic and a boot which restricts shopping potential (a man designed that bit ). The insurance industry would probably be more profitable if they just gave every wimmin a Smart FREE! on the day they passed their test and that was all they were allowed, a new one every 10 years, again FREE! All the claims must add up to more
Cheeky bugger

My car is immaculate inside and out and guess what. I paid for it all by myself

This thread belongs back in the 50's
Old 09 August 2008, 09:10 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 84of300
Cheeky bugger

My car is immaculate inside and out and guess what. I paid for it all by myself

This thread belongs back in the 50's
When women didn't have cars to ruin !
Old 09 August 2008, 09:15 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Yeah, back in the good ol' days they'd ruin the hubby's tea and get a slap in front of the kids, and then when they were in bed she had to lie back and think of Blighty for a spot of conjugal rape. Happier times
Old 09 August 2008, 09:19 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

Sounds good to me
Old 09 August 2008, 09:26 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Originally Posted by corradoboy
Yeah, back in the good ol' days they'd ruin the hubby's tea and get a slap in front of the kids, and then when they were in bed she had to lie back and think of Blighty for a spot of conjugal rape. Happier times

Shaddit, you knew what I meant