Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

British Gas W*****s

Search this Thread

Old 06 August 2008, 11:12 PM
ScoobyDriverWannabe
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default British Gas W*****s

They have been renweing the gas mains around my estate for the last couple of weeks causing major disruption, the highways agency halted work & made them alter the way they were working too minimise disruption once already.

On monday they started in my street working their way down the road. Yesterday they started outside my house.

The work they are doing consists of them cutting a section of the concrete drive way up ( ramp up across the path) digging the hole and feeding the new pipe through.

Everybody else in the street they have dug the hole, picked the dirt up on a lorry with a crane & covered the hole with a cover so they can still use their drive ways.

As they were starting work i was going out in the car, the lad assured me within a hour or 2 he would place a cover over the hole so i could still use my drive.

But when i got home there was no sign of any workmen, a massive hole with a pile of dirt next too it & barriers courdoning the hole off. It had started raining so they went home early.

So im left with no access too my driveway, cant park outside my house because theres no room between the hole they dug outside mine & my neighbours.

Parking outside my house is bad enough as it is, espechially with the motor trader that lives across the road with his 6 cars at a time.

I ended up having too park pretty far away from my house last night, but thought 1 night not so bad.

No sign of any workmen today though, found out from girl across the road that has been supplying them with hot water for cups of tea, they walked off the job this morning & are now on strike. So doesnt look like im going too have any where secure too pakr my car for a wile.
Old 06 August 2008, 11:19 PM
Wizzbang
Scooby Regular

You need to complain to ofgem (think its them, energy watchdog) regarding the impropper use of the Lighting Guarding & Signs act. Also complaining to the company itself who look after the gas networks up around your way about access to your property. The network companies take this sort of thing very seriously and will come down very heavily on those (likely to be 3rd party contractors) that fall short of the 'standards of service' that the company has to meet.

(I never told you this.....but if you accidently fall into the hole outside your property, then they are in the big brown stuff and you could take em to the cleaners.........but as I said, you didnt hear me say that )
Old 07 August 2008, 09:25 PM
ScoobyDriverWannabe
Scooby Regular

Ended up spending most of the afternoon on the phone being fobbed off, id waited till after lunch time too see if there was any sign of work comencing but they didnt show.

Sounds like several different contractors are involved, one too dig the holes, one too change the gas main, a sub contractor too use any digger machinery & another too come take the dirt away.

Didnt get anywhere on the phone, until i asked about the health & safety implications of having a exposed gas main outside my house.

Also queried the lack of sign & lighting as you mentioned above, after that i was told someone would be out today too finish the job.

Nobody turned up till about half 5 though & that was only a lorry too take the pile of dirt away.

If they dont turn up tomorow me uncle works for the electric board im considering ringing him too see if he can get me a cover for the hole & il do it me self.
Old 07 August 2008, 09:28 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

I'm so sorry but if you use the word 'too' incorrectly one more fecking time I'm going to have to beat you with something wet and smelly.
Old 07 August 2008, 09:30 PM
Tam the bam
R.I.P.

Originally Posted by Spoon
I'm so sorry but if you use the word 'too' incorrectly one more fecking time I'm going to have to beat you with something wet and smelly.
That makes too of us!
Old 07 August 2008, 09:34 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tam the bam
That makes too of us!
14 times!!! I just slapped the wife in disgust. She's now coming around wondering why?
Old 07 August 2008, 09:41 PM
Tam the bam
R.I.P.

Originally Posted by Spoon
14 times!!! I just slapped the wife in disgust. She's now coming around wondering why?
When she comes too, I'm sure she'll slap you back!

Old 07 August 2008, 09:47 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tam the bam
When she comes too, I'm sure she'll slap you back!

Though she takes much more than just a slap.
Old 08 August 2008, 08:47 AM
skoobidude
Scooby Regular

If all else fails, bite the bullet and refill the hole.
Old 08 August 2008, 08:52 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Are we still talking about Spoons wife?
Old 08 August 2008, 08:44 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

British Gas W*****s
Well for starters British Gas do not replace gas mains, they sell gas.

(I never told you this.....but if you accidently fall into the hole outside your property, then they are in the big brown stuff and you could take em to the cleaners
Hows that then????

health & safety implications of having a exposed gas main outside my house.
What H&S implications are you talking about. There arent any.

Chip