Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Foofin polyfilla

Search this Thread

Old 06 August 2008, 10:58 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Foofin polyfilla

Just done some DIY over the last few days, and filled some holes in the living room wall (old fireplace) the first hit of PF went in ok, and was sanded down.

I did a second hit last night, and it took near on all day to set, (odd) and i can rub it down with my hand . went and bought some new stuff about an hour ago, and it went off within minutes.

(so ive wasted a whole day waiting for some PF to set )

I know the PF wasnt new, but to get such a change in 2 mixes seems odd. anyone else come accross this

Mart
Old 06 August 2008, 11:07 PM
speedymonkey
Scooby Regular

Location: On the PC, sipping a beer and listing to old skool choons :)

Was it the same brand of filler?

Ive never had this happen to me TBH

In the middle of a few repairs on a house i rent out at the minute, and have been doing a fair bit of filling in and painting today, and as long as a hole is filled gradually rather than stuffed full of filler, it usually goes of within the hour i find

Did you build up the layers of filler a bit at a time or try and fill the lot in one huge blob
Old 06 August 2008, 11:21 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by speedymonkey
Was it the same brand of filler?

Ive never had this happen to me TBH

In the middle of a few repairs on a house i rent out at the minute, and have been doing a fair bit of filling in and painting today, and as long as a hole is filled gradually rather than stuffed full of filler, it usually goes of within the hour i find

Did you build up the layers of filler a bit at a time or try and fill the lot in one huge blob
Small layers at most 3mm. The biggest was about 5mm and took 24hrs, yet on the other side of the job, went off overnight, and was solid to work on this morning.

bought hard as nails filler now, just neet to sand it off in the morn, wipe over and paint

Mart
Old 06 August 2008, 11:34 PM
speedymonkey
Scooby Regular

Location: On the PC, sipping a beer and listing to old skool choons :)

Nowt worse than being held up buy damp filler when you need to crack on

I ocassionally buy the joiners compound stuff (ready mixed in 5 litre tubs) from wicks for large areas that need plastering/skimming and it really is the bollo2ks however it takes miles longer to go of than normal filler but is soooooo easy to work with adn get a great finish
Old 07 August 2008, 12:11 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Is that the Polyfilla which comes in a plastic tube Mart? I have got a bit of that to do soon.

Les
Old 07 August 2008, 12:18 PM
Bodgit
Scooby Regular

another thumbs up for jointing compund. It is so much easier to used and sands down to amuch better finish.