Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Unfair waste contract, how can we get out of it?

Search this Thread

Old 01 August 2008, 05:01 PM
Scooby Soon!
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Unfair waste contract, how can we get out of it?

One of our new units needed a commercial rubbish bin/ collection service, i stupidly let a complete numpty sort it out which has left me in the following situation..

A member of staff signed a contract for a weekly rubbish collection at £6.00 per week for 2 years! six months later and they have increased the price every month so it is now costing us £10.00 a week yet a bin we have at another unit with a different company is still only costing us £6 per week and we didnt have to sign any contract with them.

The new rip off company who keep increasing there price also sent us a bill for £150 about 1 month ago for something to do with a waste certificate, yet we get this free with our existing waste company.

I phoned them up and pretending to be a new customer and guess what they offered me the same bin at £6! I callled them back and said why am i being charged £10 instead of £6, ahhh thats for new customers only!!!

They said I cant cancel the contract im locked in for 2 years and they can put the price up as and when they want as in the contract it says something like "we may increase your contract price ", they said they can also charge for the waste certificate because it says in the contract "we can make a reasonable charge for the certificate" £150 is not reasonable to me!

Although this isn't a lot of money its the principle of it, and whenever I phone them up they are really smarmy as if they do the same thing to all of there customers.

I have even been thinking about buring all of there bins so it costs them some money but apparently in the contract it says that the person who signed the contract should insure it for theft or fire damage

Last edited by Scooby Soon!; 01 August 2008 at 05:17 PM.
Old 01 August 2008, 05:04 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Was the employee authorised to make a contract on the companys behalf?
Old 01 August 2008, 05:32 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Why would you pay for their waste carriers certificate?

Please cut & paste contract onto SN so we can find you a get out clause