Disco
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

The tabloid Sun!!

3 weeks ago ...
They 'exclusively' reveal that Sven Goran is going to be the next Man U manager

2 weeks ago ...
They 'exclusively' reveal that Louis van Gaal is going to be the next Man U manager

1 week ago...
They reveal 'exclusively' that Fabio Cappello is in talks to be the next Man U manager

(theres a pattern emerging here!)

On monday ...
They guess what? Yep, they 'exclusively' reveal that Sir Alex is going to stay as Man U manager!!!!

Today following official club confirmation of talks with Sir Alex the Sun brags 'Forget the rest, stick with the best' because they are number one for the big Old Trafford exclusives. An insert of Mondays back page is featured along with the picture title 'SunSport is first again'!!![img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

On the basis that over the last month they had pretty much covered every eventuality, there wasn't much skill or jouralistic brilliance in their prediction!!! Whatever the outcome, they would have exclusively revealed the info some time this year!! I'm sure if you trail threw the small print of early january editions there is probably an exclusive on Tony Blair getting the job, just in case!!![img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

The only 'real' exclusive, is when I 'exclusively revealed' to those around me that The Sun would pull this kind of stunt when the Man U manager was eventually named!

(Thanks for letting me get that off my chest!)
Old 06 February 2002, 12:40 PM
seejay555
Scooby Regular

Disco,
I sense some personal anger in there because you know that with "The Wizard" in charge for another 2 or 3 years we will be untouchable again
4 in a row
Old 06 February 2002, 01:04 PM
Disco
Scooby Regular

Cool

Not at all. Although I'm a NUFC fan, I'm delighted Fergie has stayed on. I think the guy is a legend, whoever you support, and am privileged to have been around during his era.

I just hate the Sun!!! (although some pages are quite nice!)
Old 06 February 2002, 01:22 PM
devils_ad69
Scooby Regular

Red face

You read the Sun?

What an absolute rag...
Old 06 February 2002, 02:00 PM
seejay555
Scooby Regular

Disco,
Looking at this as dispassionately as I can( ) I'm delighted that United lost the plot earlier this season (in part, I think, because of Fergie's impending departure) which has made the title race more open than ever. I can't help thinking that, as Arsenal and Leeds show signs of self-imploding, Newcastle will be there or thereabouts come May. Liverpool don't seem to have any consistency and, despite sneaking the win, showed little at OT last month. They also have the continuing CL committment. Newcastle, on the other hand, played extremely well (first half, at least) at OT so I reckon they have a better chance of staying the course and have no Euro distractions. let battle comence...
Old 06 February 2002, 02:11 PM
Disco
Scooby Regular

Cool

You could be right, but losing Dyer again is a big blow as he's helped us looked quite dynamic against the big boys. I dont know about the other fans, but I'm just glad to be there or there abouts again, but I still think you guys will probably take it.(keeping my fingers crossed you have a good CL rum though)
Old 06 February 2002, 02:30 PM
seejay555
Scooby Regular

So am I - last one we went on was quite something