Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

I'm a little plished off right now

Search this Thread

Old 30 July 2008, 12:13 AM
Lisawrx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I'm a little plished off right now

I have recently had an operation on my hand to apparently remove a cyst from behind my finger. Wasn't pleasant, as you may expect, and I'm a wimp, but went through with it purely because what ever it was, was causing alot of pain.

Anyhow, after some time off, and it healing, unless there is swelling within my finger, which I don't think this is, the lump is still there, exactly the same as it was.

I am not one for taking time off work if not needed, but not only does it feel like I've done that, I've gone through this to potentially need it done again or just have to live with it, whatever it is, whilst in pain as I was before. I'm just a little peeved at the fact, the surgeon must of removed something, but if it still feels the same, what has he actually done? Don't expect anyone to know, I'm just letting off steam.
Old 30 July 2008, 12:18 AM
Tam the bam
R.I.P.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lisawrx
I have recently had an operation on my hand to apparently remove a cyst from behind my finger. Wasn't pleasant, as you may expect, and I'm a wimp, but went through with it purely because what ever it was, was causing alot of pain.

Anyhow, after some time off, and it healing, unless there is swelling within my finger, which I don't think this is, the lump is still there, exactly the same as it was.

I am not one for taking time off work if not needed, but not only does it feel like I've done that, I've gone through this to potentially need it done again or just have to live with it, whatever it is, whilst in pain as I was before. I'm just a little peeved at the fact, the surgeon must of removed something, but if it still feels the same, what has he actually done? Don't expect anyone to know, I'm just letting off steam.
Maybe it just needs time to settle down hun?! I dunno Hopefully it'll be better soon
Old 30 July 2008, 12:27 AM
Lisawrx

I hope it is just that, it just feels exactly the same as before, now I can actually touch it. At first I thought it was just the scab type thing, but most of that has cleared, and the lump I can feel is beneath the skin, as before.
Old 30 July 2008, 12:32 AM
All Torque
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you get any results from it after surgery.
Old 30 July 2008, 12:37 AM
Lisawrx

Nothing, they told me before hand that they believed it to be a cyst, so supposedly it was a matter of remove it and all would be well. I'm not due to go back to see my surgeon til September, for a check up, so I don't really know what's best to do right now.