Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Actually saw an attempted bike theft yesterday...

Search this Thread

Old 29 July 2008, 11:27 AM
ChefDude
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Actually saw an attempted bike theft yesterday...

G/f and I were leaving work, strolling toward the tube and I spot 2 kids beside a bike rack, 1 is in there with bolt cutters and I hear a snip and he's got the bike. forturnately there were workers in the office just next to the bike rack who saw too and instantly gave chase - the kids were damn quick runners.

Start to finish (them running off and being pursued) 10 seconds.

I saw the bike's security cable and it was more than half a cm steel cable.

Old 29 July 2008, 11:55 AM
Scooby Soon!
Scooby Regular

i have a pair of japanese made bolt croppers that i use for breaking open padlocked containers and they cut through with ease, so I would thing most bike locks wouldnt be a problem....its so annoying that you have to lock and bolt and chain everything..
Old 29 July 2008, 01:38 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

i caught some toerag in the process of nicking my bike a few months back. He was almost through a half cm steel cable with a pair of needlenose pliers. After that, i went out and bought the thickest d lock i could find.
Astraboy
Old 29 July 2008, 01:48 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went to a bookshop on my old MTB and put it up against the window and nipped in to see if my book had arrived, the second it was unattended this little turd decided to adopt a carefree saunter towards it, all his efforts of nonchalance made him look 100% likely to nick it, doing that pimp/broken leg walk, hand behind head, looking anywhere but at the bike.

I just looked at him through the window and shook my head as I could have been out and after him quicker than he could get away with it, he about turned looking sheepish and carried on.

Where do all these bikes go, there must be a warehouse full of alloy wheels, car stereos and Mountain Bikes somewhere ?

I know a lad who used an bike he pinched for ages, really nice bike but I just couldnt be doing with him knowing he was using someone elses pride and joy, all bespoke parts, I aslo thought, that as with my would be bike their he was confirming a stereotype and really letting himself down.