the dark knight...

Search this Thread

Old 27 July 2008, 10:32 AM
brihoppy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the dark knight...

anyone else seen it yet...?!

surely im not the only one to think that this is one of the most over-hyped and over-rated films for quite some time...?!?
Old 27 July 2008, 11:12 AM
skoobidude
Scooby Regular

You posted that at 10.32!
Are you from the future?

Edited to say Scoobynet is an hour ahead
Old 27 July 2008, 11:45 AM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by brihoppy
anyone else seen it yet...?!

surely im not the only one to think that this is one of the most over-hyped and over-rated films for quite some time...?!?
I watched it last week. Glad I didn't shell out money to watch it in the cinema as it sent me to sleep.
Old 27 July 2008, 11:47 AM
slipstream_uk
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I found it hard going sitting through it, bored out of my mind

Dark Knight, Hellboy 2, Hulk, Lost Boys 2 are utter $hite.
What a waste of a torrent.

Last edited by slipstream_uk; 27 July 2008 at 11:49 AM.
Old 27 July 2008, 11:52 AM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

It's on the same level as Batman begins; bit dragged out and somewhat weak plot (well, it is a comic book FFS). Plus it seems a fair bit of gory content was edited out to get the 15cert.

6.5/10

Not helped that I was sat 1 metre from the screen as the place was rammed - why do cinemas put seats in such stupid places, I rather be told it was full and watch something else, rather than having to dislocate my retinas so I have the same field of vision as a deer.
Old 27 July 2008, 11:57 AM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by skoobidude
You posted that at 10.32!
Are you from the future?

Edited to say Scoobynet is an hour ahead
User CP-->Edit options-->Scroll down to "time/date settings" -->Turn off Auto DST

sorted
Old 27 July 2008, 01:35 PM
drb5
Scooby Regular

Well i thought it was fantastic!

Batman was THE superhero for me when i was a kid, so the whole atmosphere and stories suit me to a T.

It IS overhyped, but that was bound to happen, when Ledger passed away. Christ, The Crow isn't exactly a great film, but it's been made kind of legendary due to it being Brandon Lee's last film.
Old 27 July 2008, 02:34 PM
Frosty The Snowman
Scooby Regular

Definitely over-hyped. Thing that bugged me the most was probabaly that it had several points where I thought the film was over only for the Joker to do something else.
Old 27 July 2008, 02:45 PM
SlimJ_2005
Scooby Regular

Saw it last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. Yes it was overhyped but that didn't really spoil the enjoyment for me. Hospital scene was great!
Old 27 July 2008, 02:54 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It sucked *****, big sweaty ***** at that
Old 27 July 2008, 03:03 PM
billyray911
Scooby Regular

Im going to see it at the IMAX in brum next week.Then again,i did think that Hancock was quite good.at least at the IMAX,i probably won't fall asleep!
Old 27 July 2008, 08:05 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

I saw it last week at Bradford IMAX and thought it was exceptional for a cartoon based action movie. Possibly the best of its genre. Ledger was superb as the twisted psychotic Joker, but maybe slightly out-acted by Aaron Eckhart. Bale's Batman doesn't wow me, but the role is difficult to inject much into, more a job for the director to give the role the necessary action, and this film delivers action in spades. Some awesome set pieces and seamless special effects, and the sound system at IMAX kicks @$$, sending the hairs on end. The IMAX filed sequences were breathtaking in places, and jaw-dropping action in others, nicely integrated into the conventional filming. After 135,443 votes on IMDB it is sitting a #1 with 9.3/10 overall, so it can't be as bad as the others say.
Old 27 July 2008, 09:03 PM
brihoppy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by corradoboy
I saw it last week at Bradford IMAX and thought it was exceptional for a cartoon based action movie. Possibly the best of its genre. Ledger was superb as the twisted psychotic Joker, but maybe slightly out-acted by Aaron Eckhart. Bale's Batman doesn't wow me, but the role is difficult to inject much into, more a job for the director to give the role the necessary action, and this film delivers action in spades. Some awesome set pieces and seamless special effects, and the sound system at IMAX kicks @$$, sending the hairs on end. The IMAX filed sequences were breathtaking in places, and jaw-dropping action in others, nicely integrated into the conventional filming. After 135,443 votes on IMDB it is sitting a #1 with 9.3/10 overall, so it can't be as bad as the others say.
not sure i would agree with ledger being outacted by eckhart...i do wonder though why both nicholson and he received so much credit for playing that particular role...?!?

i do prefer the way they use a realistic environment and not some gothic style representation of gotham city in the new movies...i was also not blown away by bales batman or bruce wayne and michael caine is merely average...maggie gyllenhaal is no better or worse than any other love interest, even katie holmes...

morgan freeman is well cast, and i cant believe im going to say this but eric roberts was probably more convincing in his part than bale...!!!

dont quite know where i stand on gary oldman...by the way, does the rank structure go straight from lt to commissioner...?!?! (no **** response please, that wasnt meant seriously!)

it was too long and seemed to lack a real plot or direction, and even for a comic book superhero movie they couldve done more work in this area...

some of the gadgets were visually lame, and im still not sure what the practical purpose of sliding down into the nose of the batmobile is all about...and by the way, HALO and STAR in hk...i thought it was going to turn into james bond...!!!

i suppose it was okay, but im convinced it disappeared up its own **** in terms of its self importance brought about by the overhype...just the director trying to out-do the last one with more stunts/effects and getting some of the faces of the moment in (gyllenhaal)...

id rather watch ironman again...that was a good superhero movie...!!!
Old 27 July 2008, 09:11 PM
97TURBO
Scooby Regular

Thats what's great about films, one person will come out say "best film i ever saw!" and the person next to them is like "what the **** was that all about?".
I loved it as i did Batman Begins, i usually cant stand comic book films but these two stand out from the rest.
Old 27 July 2008, 09:31 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by brihoppy
morgan freeman is well cast, and i cant believe im going to say this but eric roberts was probably more convincing in his part than bale...!!!
For me, Freeman just did his usual role, super-cool, intelligent, calculated yet charming. Most of the roles he's ever played TBH. Much like Michael Caine's body of work. I agree on Eric Roberts, if he can use this to springboard himself out of the direct-to-DVD erotic thriller tatt that he seems to always appear in then this may attract him some convincing roles. Batman, like any masked character is difficult to give individuality to. The husky voice became tiresome, but it is obviously used to disguise his Bruce Wayne identity, although why he continues with the voice in the private company of those whom know full well who he is is a bit silly.
Old 27 July 2008, 10:17 PM
WhatswiththeR
Scooby Regular

not seen this yet, but the best film from comic to movie has to be the blade series i can watch them over and over again and not get bored
Old 27 July 2008, 10:24 PM
billyray911
Scooby Regular

not seen this yet, but the best film from comic to movie has to be the blade series i can watch them over and over again and not get bored[/QUOTE]

Sir.Surely your'e forgetting the little known Stan Lee penned 'Mannequin2n the move'.surely kicks Blades a**.
Old 27 July 2008, 11:17 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by LondonTownie
not seen this yet, but the best film from comic to movie has to be the blade series i can watch them over and over again and not get bored
The Blade movies were let down badly by the 3rd IMHO. 1 and 2 were both very good though.
Old 27 July 2008, 11:24 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by corradoboy
The Blade movies were let down badly by the 3rd IMHO. 1 and 2 were both very good though.
yaaaaaa the blade movies was good,must admit blade trinity was not so good but still as movies go..is Wesley snipes still in jail for his tax scam or what...
Old 27 July 2008, 11:30 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Shark Man
User CP-->Edit options-->Scroll down to "time/date settings" -->Turn off Auto DST

sorted
post of the year! cheers mate
Old 27 July 2008, 11:43 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DYK
yaaaaaa the blade movies was good,must admit blade trinity was not so good but still as movies go..is Wesley snipes still in jail for his tax scam or what...
Sentenced to 3 years but hasn't yet been incarcerated. Appeals in progress.

Trinity was ruined partly by a poor plot and script, partly by the studio wanting to feature pretty US teen heart-throb actors, but mostly by Snipes not being in the slightest bit interested in making the film, preferring to [allegedly] lounge about smoking substances in his trailer whilst his stunt double did most of the shoot, then bitch and moan about the ratio of coloured people involved in the production before filing law suits about withheld monies.