Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

France rejects veiled Muslim wife

Search this Thread

Old 13 July 2008, 09:55 AM
22BUK
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default France rejects veiled Muslim wife

I would have thought the bleeding heart liberals at the Beeb would have tried to hide this:

BBC NEWS | Europe | France rejects veiled Muslim wife

Good for France. Now, can we start doing the same?
Old 13 July 2008, 10:26 AM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

We need to start standing up to people who don't fit in with our values as well - good move France
Old 13 July 2008, 10:58 AM
harry007
Scooby Regular

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

what is it with this forum and muslim threads.....blah blah yeh! I know! everyone is entiteld to an opionion and view.....but jeeeeees....change the record its getting boring...
Old 13 July 2008, 11:03 AM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by harry007
what is it with this forum and muslim threads.....blah blah yeh! I know! everyone is entiteld to an opionion and view.....but jeeeeees....change the record its getting boring...
It sure is............. and since when did we start agreeing with the feckin French

Teenagers are killing each other on the streets of the UK.... but lets all get upset about ..... wait for it...... "head scarfs"

Tis the media working their magic on the weak minded
Old 13 July 2008, 11:09 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Now just remind me.............WHAT religion were the 7/7 bombers? And the 9/11 bombers?

Alcazar
Old 13 July 2008, 11:46 AM
Lisawrx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As with every race/religion etc. there are good and evil within all. It's not entirely fair to say the least to write off a whole group of people based on what some may believe or how they act.
Old 13 July 2008, 11:54 AM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar
Now just remind me.............WHAT religion were the 7/7 bombers? And the 9/11 bombers?

Alcazar
I dunno, I wonder what religion did nearly all the terrorist bombings in the UK throughout the 70/80/90s?
Old 13 July 2008, 11:56 AM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Lisawrx
As with every race/religion etc. there are good and evil within all. It's not entirely fair to say the least to write off a whole group of people based on what some may believe or how they act.
Agreed, I mean look at the Irish terror campaign against the mainland.... that was under the "political banner" but it was really a Catholic / Protestant war, and I'm not seeing anyone labelling all Catholics/Protestants as bad!!

Edit - What Dracoro said
Old 13 July 2008, 12:01 PM
Lisawrx

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt
Agreed, I mean look at the Irish terror campaign against the mainland.... that was under the "political banner" but it was really a Catholic / Protestant war, and I'm not seeing anyone labelling all Catholics/Protestants as bad!!
Precisely, but hell who are we to be resonable. Evil people do evil thigs, and if it wasn't due to religion, politics etc. it would be something else.

I just find it unfair to tar everyone with the same brush, due to the actions of the minority, however awful those actions are.
Old 13 July 2008, 12:13 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

Going back to the original point, I think the French are right on this. I'm all for an integrated society. If you come to this country you should at least blend in without defining yourself through your obvious differences with the local population with physical barriers, in this case looking like a ghost from pac-man

There are a number of reasons why this subject keeps popping up on Scoobynet. At the front of the queue is the fact that immigration and minotity issues are rarely spoken of in public by anyone in authority for fear of racism. Ordinary people as ourselves use oulets like this to show frustration with the issue.

I like the stand Italy has taken against gypsies. It's a shame elected people in our society have such left wing hand wringing positions on the subject.
Old 13 July 2008, 12:19 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Yep, but what the **** are our "values" ....... where does it say you shouldn't cover your face??

I suppose anyone coming to the UK should align themselves with the values shown by our Government..... errrr maybe not then, OK our Royal family....... errr maybe not then..... hmmmm it would seem we don't really have any core values!
Old 13 July 2008, 01:03 PM
abbott
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Petem95
We need to start standing up to people who don't fit in with our values as well - good move France
i agree fully , i mean its not like id be allowed to enter a country in a balaclava is it ?

Last edited by abbott; 13 July 2008 at 01:07 PM.
Old 13 July 2008, 01:17 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Ok, its up to the Muslims if they want to cover their faces, however can you imagine if everyone decided to do it ?
Old 13 July 2008, 01:18 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

How about the female can wear a veil if the chap wears one of these?

Anyhow - i my understanding is that feamles choose (that is choose) to wear the veil. Or it apperars that it is often peer pressure and pressure from the males - religion - who woauld have thought it...

Last edited by The Zohan; 13 July 2008 at 01:23 PM.
Old 13 July 2008, 01:28 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I think if shes happy to take up the role of totally sumbmissive wifey then they should let her get on with it ...!
Now if she were spouting religous bigotry and hared of the west on every street corner then of course it would be different and whats to become of the children
Old 13 July 2008, 01:33 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Precisely, but hell who are we to be resonable. Evil people do evil thigs, and if it wasn't due to religion, politics etc. it would be something else.

I just find it unfair to tar everyone with the same brush, due to the actions of the minority, however awful those actions are.
So would you be happy for their laws to come into place here? Say goodbye to going outside the house without being completely covered up - no more driving licence for women either, and no right to vote.... it's not just about stopping the extremists amoungst them.
Old 13 July 2008, 01:34 PM
coolangatta
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Rightly or wrongly, to some people, including me, there is something very sinister about women in burqa's. It's just a very alien to me.
When, as an 'outsider', you join a community who are not as you are, a friendly smile and a hello can mean a lot to the resident population. You may look like a threat unless you show otherwise.
I can speak from experience as I'm 'gaijin' or 'outsider' here in Japan.
It's plainly going to be extremely difficult to engage others or be assimilated into any environment that's not your own if you make yourself so different. Don't make it more difficult to be understood than it already is
Old 13 July 2008, 01:36 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

She's married to a French national, has lived there for 8 years and has 3 children (all French nationals)...... and because she has wears a head scarf and is submissive she's seen as not having "French values"

.........French values......maybe she should of been an arrogant/obnoxious **** and blockaded the nearest fishing port complaining of North Sea fishing quota restrictions and the cost of diesel fuel.....
Old 13 July 2008, 01:54 PM
coolangatta
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt
She's married to a French national, has lived there for 8 years and has 3 children (all French nationals)...... and because she has wears a head scarf and is submissive she's seen as not having "French values"

.........French values......maybe she should of been an arrogant/obnoxious **** and blockaded the nearest fishing port complaining of North Sea fishing quota restrictions and the cost of diesel fuel.....
Stinking of garlic AND wearing a burqa aint going to make her any more popular with me
I've lived in japan for 6 years, I have a Japanese GF, but if I locked myself away behind a mask I'd be viewed, by the general populace, with a great deal of

Last edited by coolangatta; 13 July 2008 at 02:19 PM.
Old 13 July 2008, 02:12 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

If she surrenders and totally gives up the fight, then she will have totally adopted French values.....
Old 13 July 2008, 02:16 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GC8
If she surrenders and totally gives up the fight, then she will have totally adopted French values.....
Old 13 July 2008, 02:24 PM
abbott
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by coolangatta
I have a Japanese GF
dude mucho respect you dont really get much more JDM eh !
Old 13 July 2008, 02:29 PM
coolangatta
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by abbott
dude mucho respect you dont really get much more JDM eh !
Rear, wash/wipe is a good thing in my book.
Old 13 July 2008, 03:04 PM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

So would you be happy for their laws to come into place here? Say goodbye to going outside the house without being completely covered up - no more driving licence for women either, and no right to vote.... it's not just about stopping the extremists amoungst them.
I think this is more what the case is about. It isn't just about her wearing a burka it is quite simply the family group she has is at best completely sexist but i would suspect totally racist too.

How can you rubber stamp a family group that goes against even the most basic equality laws? Even if they aren't looking to commit terrorist acts allowing groups like this only causes issues because they simply do not fit in (and more to a point don't want to fit in) with the basic laws of the country.

Another good thing that France does is make sure that if you need to fill out government forms it is in French. No messing about in 100's of languages, speak French or clear off.

I think it is ok to welcome these groups in as long as they at least try to fit in not get laws changed to suit them which is what has/is happening.

5t.
Old 13 July 2008, 03:10 PM
Lisawrx

Just because I am not anti-Muslim at every opportunity, and I don't have some huge issue over how they dress if they are happy with that, doesn't equate to me then wanting to adopt their laws. If they are happy to wear a headscarf and live according to their ways, as long as they do no harm, and live within the laws of the land, then I'm sorry if it offends you, that I believe there are far more issues to worry about.

In my work, we have a large amount of Jewish customers, they dress a certain way, most(if not all) the adult females wear wigs, yet I don't see everyone up in arms about it. It's not all that different, both cultures/religions determine they wear some form of head gear, yet one group barely gets called, yet another gets slated at every opportunity.

To me as a female, I could not be part of either as I personally feel women are treated as second class, and that wouldn't be for me. If however, they are happy then I guess it's their choice.
Old 13 July 2008, 03:15 PM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Judging by the majority on this thread, all muslims are bad and will eventually be come terrorists including me! So watch out for the next car bombing at an airport involving an Impreza it might just be me

Pull the other one, I have had many racially motived incidents with white folk but does that make me think they are all t**ts. No it does not as everyone is in an individual and you are no better than them if you judge a book by its cover.

It seems tolerance is lost on many folk on scoobynet and that is just a sad state of affairs.

Banny
Old 13 July 2008, 03:20 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Just because I am not anti-Muslim at every opportunity, and I don't have some huge issue over how they dress if they are happy with that, doesn't equate to me then wanting to adopt their laws. If they are happy to wear a headscarf and live according to their ways, as long as they do no harm, and live within the laws of the land, then I'm sorry if it offends you, that I believe there are far more issues to worry about.

In my work, we have a large amount of Jewish customers, they dress a certain way, most(if not all) the adult females wear wigs, yet I don't see everyone up in arms about it. It's not all that different, both cultures/religions determine they wear some form of head gear, yet one group barely gets called, yet another gets slated at every opportunity.

To me as a female, I could not be part of either as I personally feel women are treated as second class, and that wouldn't be for me. If however, they are happy then I guess it's their choice.

I think what a lot of people are sick odf this that this country and its values and laws are being slowly (or perceived to anyway) erorded and things changing. Thisa is not just down the the mix of religions - just look at gun/knife crime and social problems with drink, drugs, etc.

we now have ghettos/areas in ths country where the immigrants have been allwed to settle without intergrating and fitting in and in these areas do as they like - or again are preceived to.

We now have home grown terrorists - welcomed into this country who believe that their religions and laws/values allow them to blow up inocent civilains - men women and children - if you think that the only people who dies in 7/7 where commuting adults then dream on! No, not all nmuslims are terrorists howver these people somehow got converted and managed to live within their community, plot, train, communicate and then carry out their cowardly acts.

Come here, learn the English language, respect the laws and values, fit into the whole society do not try to impose or change the majority - do not like it - go to somewhere more suited and you will fit in to.

simple!

Last edited by The Zohan; 13 July 2008 at 03:29 PM.
Old 13 July 2008, 03:37 PM
Lisawrx

I'm not for one minute saying there are no problems, and they shouldn't be addressed. I'm also not going to get into a debate over immigration again,it goes round in circles. Yes there are problems, but at the same token, I feel it unfair to attack a group of people at every chance. Most likely the majority of Muslims abide by our laws, yes they may follow their religion, but that doesn't mean none of them try to 'fit in', or live within the law. It's possible to do both, if it wasn't I think we'd have alot more problems than we do.

Just because people have a different religion, or dress differently, doesn't make them terrorists. Alot of damage is done through the media, reporting stories, often created by our very own PC brigade, actually making issues that probably wouldn't have been there in the first place, making more divisions and causing more hatred than if people were allowed to just live and let live. On the whole I believe most people of whatever race just want to live their lives peacefully. It's only my opinion, but I am as entitled to that as you are to yours.
Old 13 July 2008, 03:44 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes but the muslim religion is one that its believers seem to get easily fanatical about. You dont see many British christians trying to blow people up on public transport do you? Totally different culture...and not one I particularly like - even though one of my friends is a muslim.

The point is, that religion comes before absolutely everything else in a lot of muslims lives, and if they can be persuaded that allah wants them to do something...they will do it regardless of the consequences.
Old 13 July 2008, 03:55 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

To be fair....

Lisawrx isn't here to fight the corner for all things Muslim, she's pointing out that to label a wide group of people due to the actions of a few is absolutely 100% wrong!

Muslims have lived in the UK for many, many years.... a lot longer than most can probably remember.... we've also currently have young British Muslim soldiers fighting in Afghanistan and Iraq.... I'm guessing they're "good" Muslims then!

We've Muslim members on this very board..... and most of us have Muslim friends or acquaintances that we like and even respect.... this whole Muslims want to change us/our laws is absolute bollox, media fear mongering on the back of a couple of evil bombings perpetrated by idiots on the back of a twisted interpretation of the Koran!

So feckin what if they want to cover themselves from head to toe.....

Quick Reply: France rejects veiled Muslim wife