VHF Radio - speakers receiving the signal

Search this Thread

Old 29 June 2008, 12:03 PM
mightyyid
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VHF Radio - speakers receiving the signal

Chaps

A scenario - if I wanted to broadcast using VHF radio, but just wanted a number of units to receive the broadcast and not speak back or even give them the facility to speak back, what would be needed?

Obviously the sender would need to transmit and receive, but if I had VHF speakers, they would obviously need to be powered from some way. Thus, what will I need to accomplish this and is there any way I can do it cheaply by just having some units receive, or would all units have to have send and receive capability?

So, in a scenario, say this was on pedal boats on a lake - so the only equipment would be 12v car battery on the pedal boat. I wanted to be on a pedal boat but a 12v battery sending information (and receiving from shore), but wanted the hired out pedal boats to just receive - how would I power the speakers to receive the signal and play it on a (waterproof) speaker?

Or do I just have to equip all units with a simple send and receive unit but disable the mic?

Thanks

Andy
Old 29 June 2008, 10:28 PM
little rick
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure how you'd set up what you're talking about but if you're looking at pulling units apart to disable something wouldn't you be better to disable the PTT rather than the mic?

If you disabled the mic but not the PTT you could still be blocked with 'dead air' by someone pressing the PTT

Sorry I can't be more helpful than that