Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Gordon Brown, Hypocrite!

Search this Thread

Old 28 June 2008, 11:14 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Angry Gordon Brown, Hypocrite!

Making speeches about the Mugabe election not being democratic.

When did we vote for you as prime minister*, you tw@?

Alcazar

*......Yes, I know, we don't vote for prime ministers, but we have always voted before for a party, knowing who it's leader is, and knowing that HE/SHE will be PM
Old 28 June 2008, 11:34 AM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any other prime minister would have done the honourable thing and called an election or given the public an indication of when an election was going to be held.

Granted, John Major was in office for over a year before calling an election, but I recall that he wasn't disliked anywhere near as much by the public; Proven by him winning when he did call an election. Also he did have a genuine excuse, that being the Gulf War; What's Gordon's excuse? A wibbly wobbly economy - of which he was actively involved in managing? Bearing in mind, Major had to contend with similar economic issues also.
Old 28 June 2008, 11:36 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Gutless Gordon - lives up to his nickname anyway.

He did not call one and said a year ago(i am paraphrasing) "Judge me on my results at the next general election"

So far, so good eh Gordon
Old 28 June 2008, 11:44 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

What plonkers he and his cronies really are! And how about the democracy involved in breaking their promise over the referendum over the Lisbon Constitution. (its not a treaty at all!) I wonder what they are in line for should the Eu get its way over federalisation.

Les
Old 28 June 2008, 11:52 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Shark Man
Granted, John Major was in office for over a year before calling an election, but I recall that he wasn't disliked anywhere near as much by the public; Proven by him winning when he did call an election. Also he did have a genuine excuse, that being the Gulf War; What's Gordon's excuse? A wibbly wobbly economy - of which he was actively involved in managing? Bearing in mind, Major had to contend with similar economic issues also.
The issue was the same for John Major as it is for Gordon Brown, the fact he may or may not have been disliked as much is irrelevant. Personally I detested the weak willed spineless non-entity of a man, but at least he was better than Thatcher, who wouldn't have been?

Anyway to me it is sinple, if a ruling party wants to change the prime minister then there should be a general election, that should be law.
Old 28 June 2008, 12:10 PM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

So you voted for Kinnock or Paddy then

And Major had more votes than even Blair has ever manged throughout his terms, quite a feat IMO. Don't think El Gordo will manage that

Last edited by Shark Man; 28 June 2008 at 12:12 PM.
Old 28 June 2008, 12:59 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

Brown now compared to Mugabe ... and Zimbabwe compared to the place we call home??

Seen it all now

Mugabe should be executed and the opposition put into power - it would be easier than Iraq!
Old 28 June 2008, 01:41 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SunnySideUp
Brown now compared to Mugabe ... and Zimbabwe compared to the place we call home??

Seen it all now

Mugabe should be executed and the opposition put into power - it would be easier than Iraq!
Let's hope the African states have the ***** and courage to go sort it out then.

Problem lies in Africa with an ex Brit colony, we cannot go sort it as it just fuels the anti west/white argument and feeling.

About time the surrounding African countries got off the fence and got involved instead of just the odd word or two!
Old 28 June 2008, 04:03 PM
vindaloo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SunnySideUp

Seen it all now

No it wouldn't. :P

You'd first have to invade a country with a shoreline. Then supply two/three armies in the field in hostile territory.
- One to take the first country and secure its borders.
- One to suppress the first country or "manage" it.
- One to push through and take Zimbabwe.

Anyone who thinks the populace will welcome change with open arms only has to look at Iraq. Whenever you have men in green suits holding guns, eventually civilian opinion hardens against them. People don't like being threatened and being told what to do.

J.
Old 28 June 2008, 05:19 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by vindaloo
No it wouldn't. :P

You'd first have to invade a country with a shoreline. Then supply two/three armies in the field in hostile territory.
- One to take the first country and secure its borders.
- One to suppress the first country or "manage" it.
- One to push through and take Zimbabwe.

Anyone who thinks the populace will welcome change with open arms only has to look at Iraq. Whenever you have men in green suits holding guns, eventually civilian opinion hardens against them. People don't like being threatened and being told what to do.

J.
Thats not strictly true, you do not need to invade a country with a shoreline, you do need to secure safe airspace over the countries surrounding the one you plan to invade - to secure troop/logistics/resupply lines by air to begin with and then the friendly country would let you use thier roads and infrastructure as well.

That would agian mean an African state or two would need to get off of the fence...

Last edited by The Zohan; 28 June 2008 at 05:32 PM.
Old 28 June 2008, 05:31 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

We have had 12 Prime Ministers since WWII and only 6 of them were appointed through a general election victory. I do think though that there should be a constitutional ruling that if they enter office via any means other than a clear democratic election win, then they MUST hold a GE within 12 months of taking office.
Old 28 June 2008, 05:32 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

Vindaloo

No need for shoreline - air power and we would simply take the air space we needed - anything coming within 50 miles of one of our planes would be shot down without warning ...... make that clear to the neighbouring states and they will come aboard.

These are only African states and not a patch on what Iraq was ....... in, execute Mugabe, arrest his cronies, hold peaceful elections and get out - 12 months.
Old 28 June 2008, 05:33 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Just like the Americans in Somalia
Old 28 June 2008, 05:38 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

Americans are just useless - they simply use might and weight ........ we, on the other hand, are masters at the small force doing the business.
Old 28 June 2008, 06:12 PM
Eddie1980
Scooby Regular

Yer I am amazed we aint sent in a sniper to be honest, I know I would.
Old 29 June 2008, 12:15 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by corradoboy
We have had 12 Prime Ministers since WWII and only 6 of them were appointed through a general election victory. I do think though that there should be a constitutional ruling that if they enter office via any means other than a clear democratic election win, then they MUST hold a GE within 12 months of taking office.
Can't say fairer than that.

Les