Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

ladies and gents... LET SEE YOUR BATTLESCARS...

Search this Thread

Old 24 June 2008, 10:13 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ladies and gents... LET SEE YOUR BATTLESCARS...

some of the medical practises i see today along with x-rays of metal plates and screws (as per rbaz' thread) intrigue me. so i thought we should have a (clean as possible) scars threads, maybe with a little background if not too personal.

me, i have a 'L' shaped scar on my left index finger when i tried to get into my old watch with a 13" blade. healed well but terrible scar tissue and lost some movement. may be able to get pic later. other scar is on my ******* where my mums jack russell took a snip one day. its ok i made her pay £100 to have HIS ***** totally removed

lets see them and the history of their whereabouts.
Old 24 June 2008, 10:47 AM
mrtheedge2u2
Scooby Regular

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Will post some pics up when home but I have a few scars.... two under chin where I fell down twice in the same day and needed stitches on both occassions..... broken nose (so no longer perfectly straight) from having in smashed in a Tae Kwon Do comp and numerous scars on legs from sports......
Old 24 June 2008, 10:50 AM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Black scar on my left hand. If you make the shape of "Emu" with your hand, it's where the eye should be . Did it aged 5 riding on my bike and collided with the external grill of what I assume must have been the boiler. it was mounted at handlebar height.....bloody 70's!!
Old 24 June 2008, 11:17 AM
Julz1983
Scooby Regular

Well, I don't usually let people see, as this only happened in January but I'll stick a pic up, due to medical negligence this happened, I'll not go into the background, I have an on-going case at the moment, but there is a thread on hear called 'Bladdy doctors' which I posted on with a bit of information.

If people think it's gross and not what they wanted to see then just say politely and I can easily remove it.
Old 24 June 2008, 11:22 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Julz1983
Well, I don't usually let people see, as this only happened in January but I'll stick a pic up, due to medical negligence this happened, I'll not go into the background, I have an on-going case at the moment, but there is a thread on hear called 'Bladdy doctors' which I posted on with a bit of information.

If people think it's gross and not what they wanted to see then just say politely and I can easily remove it.

Hey that happened to my last girlfriend when we first slept together .. get it ...

To be honest it doesn't look that bad, hope what ever caused it is all sorted now and you win your case.. I assume its a win or lose type thing ??

Good luck either way
Old 24 June 2008, 11:26 AM
Julz1983
Scooby Regular

Yes, my hubby keeps making remarks to that effect

I'm still at the letter writing process to loads of people, but it'll get there, like I say this was only in January. I'm sorted for now, but it can return, but my fertility is knackered now, needless to say my views on doctors aren't great
Old 24 June 2008, 11:30 AM
PaulC72
Scooby Regular

I have 2 on my left foot one about 6 inches long from between my big to and the one next to it and one about 2.5inches long bbetween my 3rd and 4th from when I broke my foot.
Also many other insignificant scars from my days as a fabricator, the second best being the one on my right hand index finger knuckle where my tendons were sewed back together
Old 24 June 2008, 11:31 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Scar on my chin from falling off a bike
Scar just above my left eye from being hit in the head with a metal bar (by accident)
Scar on the left side of my forhead from a fight
Scar on my right wrist about 6 inches long where I have a plate an screws fitted.
Scar on my hip from a bone graft to the above wrist
4 small scars on my abdomen from keyhole surgery
And one small scar on my right middle finger where I ran over it with a skate board when doing a "catamaran" with a mate
Old 24 June 2008, 11:33 AM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

I have a 1" scar on my chin and two crowns from when I highsided my pushbike when I was twelve

I have a 1.5" long 'suicide' scar down the vein in my right wrist thanks to my Mum's cat getting a fright whilst I was holding her. She got a claw stuck in my watch strap and opened my arm up in the struggle to get it free

I have thick scars and no feelling in two of the toes on my left foot as a result of rushing to finish my car's engine in unsuitable footwear, I dropped the cast iron exhaust manifold on them

Finally I have a 4" scar down the side of my right thumb from when I slipped with a 22" panel saw whilst cutting up some fence panels
Old 24 June 2008, 11:34 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Julz1983
Yes, my hubby keeps making remarks to that effect

I'm still at the letter writing process to loads of people, but it'll get there, like I say this was only in January. I'm sorted for now, but it can return, but my fertility is knackered now, needless to say my views on doctors aren't great
Jesus , sorry to hear that
Old 24 June 2008, 11:36 AM
phil_wrx
Scooby Regular

no pictures im afraid but....

got 2 scars across 2 fingers of left hand where i was fighting and broke both fingers, bone poped out my finger and was just there looking at me

got 3 scars on back and 1 on chest due to being stabbed in a pub

assorted scars on my legs from motorbike accidents

oh and a scar where i drilled through my hand :P looks like a stigmata
Old 24 June 2008, 11:39 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by phil_wrx
no pictures im afraid but....

got 2 scars across 2 fingers of left hand where i was fighting and broke both fingers, bone poped out my finger and was just there looking at me

got 3 scars on back and 1 on chest due to being stabbed in a pub

assorted scars on my legs from motorbike accidents

oh and a scar where i drilled through my hand :P looks like a stigmata
only a suggestion .. but you might want to stop fighting .. you dont sound very good at it
Old 24 June 2008, 11:48 AM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

I have these in my hand right now

Ad=fter a near highside on the bike left me heading straight for a telegraph pole... having hit one before and woken up a day later in hospital i didn't fancy round two and managed to squueze the bike between it and the hedge on the left

very tight fit though, so tight in fact the gear shift was ripped off (although the pegs are fine). unfortunately the removal of the gear lever meant i did come off - about where the mrs is stood.

Still, could have been much worse than a broken finger. Plus, being nails i dragged it out of the hedge (hawthorn by the way) with some help and rode it 40 miles home one handed in 2nd gear.

Just got to heal in time for the trip now Coastrode 3 bikers riding round Britain raising money for cancer care

5t.
Old 24 June 2008, 11:54 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fivetide

I can imagine myself regretting this ...

but it looks like she has no hair and one leg
Old 24 June 2008, 11:57 AM
phil_wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pimmo2000
only a suggestion .. but you might want to stop fighting .. you dont sound very good at it
lol thats what wife says to me :P

my fingers where when i was 15 got stabbed when i was 21 now 31 and all has been fine :P
Old 24 June 2008, 12:00 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

About half way down the page - this chap's going to have a hell of a scar

UKworkshop.co.uk :: View topic - Finger Tearout! (Now with Gore)
Old 24 June 2008, 12:14 PM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pimmo2000
I can imagine myself regretting this ...

but it looks like she has no hair and one leg
see what you mean exactly side on. deffo has hair though just tied back. Not entirely sure why that's important right now though!

I can't drive or anything, we went back to recover my bits of bike from the hedge!

5t.
Old 24 June 2008, 12:42 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fivetide
see what you mean exactly side on. deffo has hair though just tied back. Not entirely sure why that's important right now though!

I can't drive or anything, we went back to recover my bits of bike from the hedge!

5t.
Its not, in anyway I'm just mega bored and thought I would share my thoughts
Old 24 June 2008, 12:47 PM
+Doc+
Scooby Senior

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

You will not beat my wifes, full top to bottom Laparotomy left open to heal naturally after complications from having our daughter. It would need an 18 certificate
Old 24 June 2008, 01:12 PM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

I have an 8 inch scar across the top of my head where I created a flip-top by catching my head on the underside of some fire escape steps when running to see the Chuckle Brothers at Butlins. I fookin hate the Chuckle Brothers

Also fractured my skull getting hit by one of the old yellow BT vans when I was 12. Had a bump the size of half a tennis ball on the back of my head
Old 24 June 2008, 01:21 PM
ScoobyDriverWannabe
Scooby Regular

Not got any scars myself apart from a daft tiny one on my little finger from a broken glass when i was a kid but you can barely see it.

Like above i fractured my scull also, think i was about 12 at the time. That was from going upside down a firemans pole at Berwick holiday camp. spent the rest of the holiday in hospital.

Me dad has some pretty impressive ones, one pretty much down the lengh of his chest & another down the inside of his arm from a heart bipass.

Surprisingly you cant actually see them very well now, healed quite well.
Old 24 June 2008, 02:28 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

I've got a dent in my head, not totally sure where it came from, I did bash into things as a nipper, and I seem to recall being told I fell of the table as a baby, so that might be it.

Only other scar as such is on my right hand, between the left hand side of my wrist to the knuckle of my thumb. Whilst working as a fishmonger I was filleting a mackerel and, well, ended up also filleting myself The cut itself didn't hurt that much, what did was when the nurse hit the bone with a needle whilst numbing it to stitch it up.
Old 24 June 2008, 02:36 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Did you manage to escape the Muppet BBQs unscathed Sharkus? I'm sure I rememeber you receiving medical attention
Old 24 June 2008, 02:49 PM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have a few but no pics
Old 24 June 2008, 02:51 PM
trails
Scooby Regular

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

covered in them...bloody BMX This is my favourite though.

ACL and cartilage re-construction, shame it didn't work properly and still does this;
Old 24 June 2008, 02:52 PM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

have you got any scars higher up?
Old 24 June 2008, 02:54 PM
trails
Scooby Regular

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by sarasquares
have you got any scars higher up?
lol, yeah but that is still healing...apparently I'll be able to use it again soon
Old 24 June 2008, 02:56 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScoobyWon't
Did you manage to escape the Muppet BBQs unscathed Sharkus? I'm sure I rememeber you receiving medical attention
oooh, good point! I don't have any scars resulting from the BBQ's. If I recall I think the injury was sustained whilst giving Kaz a piggyback and I scraped my leg when letting her down, hence the flowing of claret from the leg, which resulted in the instant nursing from Kaz and Anna.
I also seem to recall someone (I wonder who that was ) saying "Poor alcohol on it, it's an antiseptic" which I did, though not sure what it was I used, probably absinthe
Old 24 June 2008, 03:20 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by Markus
I also seem to recall someone (I wonder who that was ) saying "Poor alcohol on it, it's an antiseptic" which I did, though not sure what it was I used, probably absinthe
Who would give you advice like that?

My scarring is only mental from those occasions. Semi-naked sharks dancing around flames
Old 24 June 2008, 03:24 PM
gaz-cole
Scooby Regular

not got any nasty pictures
i have a six inch scar on my outer thigh after they harvested some tissue when i had a brain tumor removed
got a scar up my nose from when i had head drilled
got a 12 inch s shape scar on my knee from when i smashed when i was a kid
i have a 3 1/2 scar above my belly button from having a hernia repaired (which got infected and looked like something was growing in there

but apart from that nothing major!

Quick Reply: ladies and gents... LET SEE YOUR BATTLESCARS...