Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

rave review United Dance 01/02/2002

Search this Thread

Old 02 February 2002, 02:59 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

heh, I'm never sure about raves on Friday night. I much prefer them on Saturday as I'm not so knackered. However, all me mates were going and Hardcore was in room 3 at Bagleys, so it would have been rude not to really!
First things first, I had to get a ticket. I made my usual pilgrimage to Londons Dance music Mecca, Blackmarket records. However when I got there, there was a sign at the ticket desk saing back at 1645. I didnt fancy hanging around Soho looking shifty for 45 mins, its a good way to get mugged, but just not for me. I asked behind the main desk and one of the laydees sorted me out and got me what I think was THE last ticket. It was deffo the last ticket in that book, but I'm not sure if it was all they had. anyways, 16.50 poorer but ticketed up, I made my way back to the City to get to where my work friends were getting stuck into the beers. I then set about getting mashed for the evening. It didnt help when one of my mates spilt beer all over the ticket, but it seemed to wipe clean okay and non of the ink ran. At about 7.30 I was feeling very tired, so I left with my head spinning and went back to the office, dropped a caffiene tablet and and relyed on it to wake me up when it kicked in. This worked well and I was feeling better at 8.15 when I left for the pre-meet.
I got to Kings Cross and in a drunken stupor, I came to the conclusion that the best burger bar were over the road from the station opting against the subway I crossed 6 lanes of traffic while completely wasted and somehow made it accross alive got a burger and then went to the Offshore bar. There I met up with my ravin friends and While we waited for everybody else to turn up, I indulged in several bottles of RedSquare and IrnBru . I was feeling wide awake now so, joined the first group of us to make our way to Bagleys. We got there and the queue was about 200 people long, but we cut that in half when we met some other mates already there .
We were having a good time when bad news came. A.B., one of my friends, had been jumped on the way to the rave and had his phone, wallet, money and goddamn TICKET robbed off him [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] Apparantly 7 huge black blokes had surrounded him and he had no choice but to hand it over or else risk getting jacked up for his troubles. [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] Robbing *******. This really brought me down with a bump, but when A.B. arrived he was surprisingly zen about the whole thing. He had spent the previous 1/2 hour in a police car, looking for the *****, but jacked it in when he realised they were prolly long gone. As there was about 20 of us, hands went in pockets and he was soon weighed down by about 45squid in shrapnel that we all gave him to get in. He was absolutely determined to have a good time and not let the barstewards get to him. True Hardcore Raver is A.B. The queue moved really quickly and we were soon near the front. aware of what happened last time at Bagleys, I dropped my last 4 Caffiene tablets and threw the empty blister pack away. Then the search which didnt even touch my wallet was over and I was in. Let 'ave it!!!!!
Bagleys had just been refurbished and it showed. Quality production in room 3 where the hardcore was havin it with whuge inflatable smilies hanging from the ceiling and painted on the walls. Playlists for all the arenas were everywhere so I checked them out for my favourite DJs. I looked at the D&B list for Nicky Blackmarkets set and for a few seconds I couldnt find him. He is usually on last but this time his set was 10-11. Looking at my clock I realised it was 10.15 cue astraboy sprinting across the entire length of Bagleys and crashing into the main room. There was hardly anyone there, so I went right to the front and started brocking out to some quality choons laid down by the master. No MC, the music did all the talking. The place filled up nicely during his set and I was joined by my mate, snow, an absolute party animal. He went over and started going crazy on the dancefloor next to some massive black blokes who were playing it cool as you like, Skanking on the spot and smoking. I was worried he was going to get bother, but it turns out they know each other really well. When I asked him about the biggest and scariest looking one, all he said was " Oh, you mean Mike! Yeah he's alright is Mike"
Blackmarkets Set was over all too quickly and I moved away from main room, back to the Hardcore arena, which was rammed. In fact the whole place was rammed out, the busiest I think I have ever seen it The Hardcore room was rocking with a real up for it and friendly crowd. I had missed Hixxy's set, but Brisk was laying down some pukka hardcore and the crowd was loving it. Next up was Billy Bunter, who, in a departure from the usual ****ty hardhouse sets he doles out, did a blinding Old skool Hardcore set from my personal favourite era, 96-97. I cant remember the choons themselves, but I know I was loving it. Sweat was falling out of me and it wasnt long before the top came off and went round my waist . Storm was on the Mic and was doing his usual fine stuff to hype the crowd. Next up was Scott Brown Who I'm not a big fan of so went for a wander into the other rooms. In fact, I didnt return till Sketchy and Compulsion's set and although the choonage were good, i was suffering from a severe lack of energy, so repaired to the bar and did a can of Hype energy drink. I then sat down and waited for it to kick in, which it did at 5am, just before Dougal came on I rejoined the dancefloor with all my friends and we all went crazy for the next hour solid, knowing we only had an hour left. The only time we stopped going mental was to fill up the water bottles After the last choon had dropped I managed to pick up two hardcore tape packs for a tenner, then left with the rest of the boys and girls to go home.
What a night. Hardcore is definitley back in London in a big way. the place was filled to the brim and the whole crowd was having a great time. As to the only downer to the night, I hope that A.B. has phone insurance and those rudebwoy ***** who robbed him get killed in a driveby soon [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Keep it hardcore,

astraboy
Old 02 February 2002, 05:55 PM
melpaul2002
Scooby Regular

Good report mate . sounds fun
Old 03 February 2002, 01:29 AM
Tal
Scooby Regular

Smile

Hard score you know the score

dont do too mant cafine tablets they are not risk free

Wish i was at his stage again

go for it I did

Tal (fat and old)
Old 03 February 2002, 10:44 AM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

not to worry mate, always go for quality caffiene and I'm careful about what I put in me. I've made mistakes before and paid for it in the morning. Harsh caffiene comedowns are real killers and I like to avoid em.
astraboy.
Old 03 February 2002, 11:02 AM
SL2
Scooby Regular

So has bagleys improved alot then, i havent been there for ages. Last time i went it was a moondance event which wasnt all that good.
Old 05 February 2002, 10:52 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

heh, I think I went to that one. werent much cop was it?
astraboy.
p.s. how are you mate? long time no speak!
Old 07 February 2002, 02:30 PM
Dave_RSTurbo
Scooby Newbie

Happy Hardcore is shyte!

DnB is where its at!

Went fabric last fri,

Andy C
Micky black-M
Moving fusion
Swift
Adam F
Bad Company

MC's Skibba + Fearless!

Bo!!!

Trending Topics

Old 07 February 2002, 02:45 PM
SCOTTSCOOBY
Scooby Regular

astraboy, sounded a good night mate, shame i missed it i might be off to slammin at the weekend. so bagley is alot better, dont forget UD put on a good show always they did when it was at stevenage i never missed any!!

You should do reviews for mags mate.

nice one. oi dave rsturbo, hardcore aint **** you just dont like it. as for drum and bass thats wicked to respect, what is fabric like i wanna go soon?

later...

scottscooby
Old 13 February 2002, 05:47 PM
Dave_RSTurbo
Scooby Newbie

Fabric is the nuts mate! get down there BO!