Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Restaraunts from Hell - anyone been there?

Search this Thread

Old 02 January 2002, 10:34 AM
JoeyDeacon
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

The absess one is yet another urban myth!!

As for picking up food which has been dropped on the floor and serving it well I hate to break it to you but you will find all restaraunts do this. My mum worked in a restaraunt for 17 years and has quite a lot of stories about this sort of thing. One piece of advice I can give you is don't upset the people serving you and don't return food because it is under/over cooked etc....

[Edited by JoeyDeacon - 2/1/2002 10:37:50 AM]
Old 02 January 2002, 12:42 PM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Exclamation

Joey Deacon was an icon from the 70's - 80's who helped promote the awareness of Cerebral Palsy, due to the fact that he himself had the disease.

This, of course, led to schoolchildren (cruel as they are) using it s a nickname for people they didn't like.

[Edited by DJ Dunk - 2/1/2002 12:47:51 PM]
Old 01 February 2002, 09:13 AM
MikesWagon
Scooby Regular

Did anyone see Restaraunts from Hell 2002 last night?

Burger Kings where staff didn't wash after taking rubbish out, used burgers cooked hours ago, gobbed in burgers etc. One shift super advised to always be nice to staff when eating out. Don't know how much of it was showing off to the new guy, but pretty gross anyway. "2 staff were dismissed, and procedures were tightened up"

Pizza Hut where mice wandered merrily among platters and plates crapping & peeing everywhere. "We're not going to comment on this, instead we're going to sue you for making this program... if any members of the public have worries they are welcome to view our kitchens"

Chinatown in Manchester, where racks of ribs hung beside open bins, uncooked meat sat in large open trays, and rats wandered about.

You get the idea, so any of you had the thruppenies after using these fast food joints?

We used to use the Union St Pizza Hut here in Aberdeen. Got fed up, not because of hygeine, but they're so damned slow, rude and often got the order wrong. And just been told that of all the fast food meals, one of their pizzas is the worst offender for calories, something like 4000, with 150g of fat.

Hope you enjoyed your breakfasts.

Mike.
Old 01 February 2002, 09:38 AM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
All I know is that many of my schoolfriends worked in MacDonalds etc as Saturday jobs. None who worked there would go back and buy a burger afterwards. The stories they told were comparable to the above.

I worked at Perfect Pizza in Richmond, Surrey (delivered pizzas in my Dutton - now THAT is a LAUGH!). I ate pizza 5 times a week (1 free with every shift) and would often go back there afterwards. I knew they were fresh and hygenic.

My 12 yr old son kept begging to go to MacD's, I refused to take him and told him why. Eventually a friend's mum took him. He sat on the loo for four hours that afternoon. He doesn't want to go to Macdonald's again.

BJH
Old 01 February 2002, 10:01 AM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Heard many stories from friends who worked in McD's about dropping burgers on the floor and placing them back in the bun again

Also stories of Chicken Sandwiches with chicken abcesses in them

Probably just stories tho Aledgedly
Old 01 February 2002, 10:32 AM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

I've heard the absess one - uugh

DW
Old 01 February 2002, 12:02 PM
Toerag
Scooby Regular

Allegedly a rat was found in the solidified chip fat at one of my local chip shops one morning!

Trending Topics

Old 01 February 2002, 12:03 PM
Luke
BANNED

Urine in the stock pot... Thats a favourite in good restaurants. Normaly kitchen porters.

Indian, in Marlborough,wiltshire. Mate goes to toilet. walks into kitchen by mistake . Chef having bath in sink!!!!
Old 01 February 2002, 12:10 PM
father_jack
Scooby Regular

Read an article in Loaded a while back about this.
The guy cooked for MAggie Thatcher and they were all queuing up to p1ss in the soup

Chefs special sauce anyone..........
Old 01 February 2002, 12:13 PM
LEE-69
Scooby Regular

friend of a friend had a chicken burger.bit into and remebered he didnt ask for mayonaise.yuk!!!!!!!!!
Old 01 February 2002, 12:24 PM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Hehe, reminds me of the Eddie Murphy Raw video (or was it Delirious) about the bloke who takes the mickey out of the Chinese restaurant owner.

"Make a special won-ton soup for this one"

Theres a lesson to be learned in that one
Old 01 February 2002, 12:35 PM
MikesWagon
Scooby Regular

Surely all this gobbing in food (and worse) can't be that common. Thing that worried me in the prog was the general lack of hygiene, and from big extablished chains.

It's always a friend of a friend had.... and that story about the chicken breast came up in our office this morning as well.

JoeyDeacon - these stories from your mum, I take it this didn't bother her, putting up with it for only 17 years. I'm not having a go btw, just asking. Also where does the name come from - we had a kid at school, nicknamed Joey Deacon, but never new the origins.

Mike.

Old 01 February 2002, 01:35 PM
Geezer
Scooby Senior

Cool

These programs are pointless scare mongering. How many millions of people eat at McDonalds or Pizza Hut every day, and how many cases of food poisoning are there? The percentage is minimal! The incidence of car accidents is far higher, but you don't stop driving your car do you?

The way these programs portray restaurants, you'd think that every other person who eats out ends up in hospital!

Geezer
Old 01 February 2002, 01:36 PM
Dave P
Scooby Regular

To add to Mr Dunk's comments, Joey had a house built for him from the proceeds of the Blue Peter appeal one year.

At my school the phrase Uhhh Joey Deacon was used when someone did something particularly daft. As you say children are cruel.

Dave
Old 01 February 2002, 03:50 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

heard most of these stories and others. I still eat in Mac D's. burger king, pizza hut and kebab shops, and have done so for at least 12 years, food poisings not killed me yet! and not had anything nasty in a burger or pizza, well, maybe the odd hair, but nothing else.

Anyone remember Fight Club? where Brad is being a waiter at a top class restuarant, i'd be more worried about that.

This kinda thing reminds me of when I worked in sainsburys and we used to put name tags on the frozen turkey's at xmas and see who would purchase a turkey with a sticker saying "Hi, my name is Jane!" on it! a few did, but not many. ahh, those where the days. I won't tell you what we did on the fish counter!
Old 01 February 2002, 04:31 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Geezer,agree these are probably isolated incidents, especially as big chains are involved. What it will do though is make thenm look at themselves and try to put things right.

Was doing a job at a local restaraunt when I strolled into the kitchen to see their Great Dane helping himself to the food on the worktops.

Chip.
Old 01 February 2002, 09:56 PM
Chelsie-Bun
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

We watched it, to be honist i said we would never eat out again if we saw what they do in kitchens well i mean some kitchens.
So really best not to watch.
We all have buffet in some way partys etc but how many of us see them make the food up?

chel xxx
Old 01 February 2002, 11:52 PM
Mr.Manchester
Scooby Regular

I used to be a pest control tech, i went to a pizza resteraunt on a routine check (my first time at this place as i was covering for some one). From the outside and the restaurant itself, it looked immaculate, like you could eat your dinner off the floor but when i went in the basement to check the traps and re- set/bait them, there were rats and mice running round and drinking out of puddles! And they hadnt even touched the bait, so out came the size 12's and when i left i had two buckets full of rodents and gave the owner a warning for better hygene or ill close it down!
Old 02 February 2002, 01:31 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

My local Thai recently won the Golden Belt Award

Why?

Two chops and you're dead

Old 02 February 2002, 03:02 PM
dba
Scooby Regular

i used to work for Pizza Hut and their cleanliness routines and inspection processes were very good when i worked there,but that was 13 years ago,so it may have changed.But they are just as prone to having a 1 crap manager out of 500 stores as anyone else.