Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Same Old Tories!!

Search this Thread

Old 05 June 2008, 10:06 PM
PetesDad
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Same Old Tories!!

Hands caught in the till ....... £500,000 stolen from you and I .... !!!!

The Leader of the Tory MEP's no less!!

BBC NEWS | Politics | Leader of Tory MEPs stands down

Den Dover Tory MP also caught paying family members huge amounts!

They are all as bad as they ever were ..... Sleaze and Conservatives go together like Fish 'n' Chips!

Not saying Labour are exempt ...... but the Tories are trying to shed their sleaze label - and it ain't coming off!!
Old 05 June 2008, 10:15 PM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

Thought you got banned
Old 05 June 2008, 10:46 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Pot kettle black

leopard spots

tata pissy, another account heading for obscurity

Mart

BTW what about the billions mcbottlers lost???

Old 06 June 2008, 12:24 AM
cster
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You just had to look at his photo to see how sleezy the guy is!
Probably a paedo as well
WTF was his wife wearing?

Last edited by cster; 06 June 2008 at 12:24 AM. Reason: past tense grammar
Old 06 June 2008, 12:34 AM
Cyril Robertson
Scooby Regular

Makes my blood boil
Old 06 June 2008, 08:53 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

I think there will be some MPs from all parties are going to get caught up in this.

I did find it amusing that Chichester called it a "whoops-a-daisy" moment.

"Opps! I seem to claimed expenses for £400,000 and then channelled it into a company of which I am a director"

Old 06 June 2008, 08:57 AM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by PetesDad

They are all as bad as they ever were ..... Sleaze and Conservatives go together like Fish 'n' Chips!

Not saying Labour are exempt ...... but the Tories are trying to shed their sleaze label - and it ain't coming off!!
Did anyone else read his name as 'Ben Dover'????

When it comes to MEPs, politcal party is irrelevant: it's one very big gravy train!

All aboard!
Old 06 June 2008, 08:58 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

The scumbag has be embezzeling/stealing public money and there should be a Police investigation, if guilty he should go to jail for a considerable time!

Not sure Cameroon has the monopoly on this at all.
Old 06 June 2008, 09:02 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

why the bl$$dy hell has he got an infraction for that
Old 06 June 2008, 09:03 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Look like the knives are out for Petes dad - infraction for his post, can the infractor please explain why - i doubt that they will have the courage of their convictions and do so, more like run away and hide in the shadows - Sad!

If this sort of thing carries on then S'Nets owner had better look at shutting NSR as what will be the point of having it.
Old 06 June 2008, 09:26 AM
mrtheedge2u2
Scooby Regular

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Well, I dont mind Pete talking politics all the time.... he has been warned over and over again about his political threads..... but he just insists on carrying on..... he says it just to cause controversy
Old 06 June 2008, 09:31 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mrtheedge2u2
Well, I dont mind Pete talking politics all the time.... he has been warned over and over again about his political threads..... but he just insists on carrying on..... he says it just to cause controversy
What's contraversial about it? He's reporting the news.
Old 06 June 2008, 09:46 AM
mrtheedge2u2
Scooby Regular

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Pete, don't sit there and tell me PSL didn't know this would happen...... if I put a lit match to my finger, I know it is going to hurt..... I dont have to do it to find out every time...

TBH I have never wanted to infract him... i do not see the point of them.. but the fact of the matter is that one person causes a lot of aggravation, webby has warned him, warned him again, banned him and here he is again....

Whilst I agree the place would be slightly (only slightly) duller without him he needs to accept that at this time he has burnt all his bridges.
Old 06 June 2008, 10:03 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Having read into the story, it is a question of resigning on principle, rather than doing anything wrong particuarly.

What happened is, the guy set up his own company as an agency to pay his staff, because he cannot pay them directly, due to regulations.

Now he either pays an outside agency to pay his staff, or he sets up his own.

He set up his own, and the £400,000 was the wages paid to his agency to pay his staff (ther eis no question he pocketed any of the money).

Of course on the face of it, it looks dodgy, but I suspect, any of us would do the same if it meant saving, say, a 10% overhead.
Old 06 June 2008, 10:03 AM
Coffin Dodger
Scooby Regular

Probably the webmaster or other admin that infracted. Besides which he's banned, surely that should be permanent and extend to all duplicate accounts?

He's been warned on numerous occasions about posting political stuff mostly because he can't conduct a sensible debate. If it's not going his way he just resort to childish name calling and trolling, typical playground behaviour. We don't want that As far as I'm concerned SNet would be a better place without him but that's just my view.

It wasn't me who did it BTW, don't have the power
Old 06 June 2008, 10:51 AM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb
Because the lunatics have taken over the asylum.
Old 06 June 2008, 11:04 AM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
Look like the knives are out for Petes dad - infraction for his post, can the infractor please explain why - i doubt that they will have the courage of their convictions and do so, more like run away and hide in the shadows - Sad!

If this sort of thing carries on then S'Nets owner had better look at shutting NSR as what will be the point of having it.
why not close NSR and then bring back the current affairs section, that was always good for a contentious laugh

back on topic
ALL politicians are bloody dodgy, regardless of the party. Put them in a position of power with access to unlimited funds, budgets and huge expense accounts and away they go
Old 06 June 2008, 11:13 AM
Spyder550
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SwissTony
back on topic
ALL politicians are bloody dodgy, regardless of the party. Put them in a position of power with access to unlimited funds, budgets and huge expense accounts and away they go
Couldn't agree more
Even under Communist states where everyone was meant to be equal, the politicians needed to be less (or it that more?) equal than everyone else.
Old 06 June 2008, 11:16 AM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Spyder550
Couldn't agree more
Even under Communist states where everyone was meant to be equal, the politicians needed to be less (or it that more?) equal than everyone else.
Spot on....
Hence why in Communist Russia, the politicians had their own lane on the roads around Moscow. True equality in action
Old 06 June 2008, 11:17 AM
suprabeast
Scooby Regular

why not close NSR and then bring back the current affairs section, that was always good for a contentious laugh

back on topic
Ahhh good old CWE!
Old 06 June 2008, 11:18 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Talking

back on topic
Staying on poltics for a while - this place is clearly run for profit now which is why charges have been imposed and overheads/moderation cut to the bone

Whilst those in charge are dinning out every night somewhere down mexico way
Old 06 June 2008, 11:18 AM
suprabeast
Scooby Regular

I don't really have any comments on the situation and I havent read the story. However the interesting thing is that if a conservative MP does wrong, 9 times out of 10 they resign.

With NuLabour unfortunately they never feel the need to resign. they just carry on and refuse to.
Old 06 June 2008, 11:20 AM
Dieseldog
Scooby Regular

back on topic
Here here! And it's all coming from OUR taxes, whether you're Con, Lab or whatever. I don't mind people making money, but I have a lot more respect for those who've done it, for example, through having a factory, employing local people, exporting to other countries - creating wealth, not just taking a little bit of ours, off all of us.

The Taxpayers Alliance seem a bloody good outfit
Old 06 June 2008, 11:24 AM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by warrenm2
Thought you got banned
That's what I thought. Apparently the rules that apply to all other members don't apply to the 'King of Scoobynet' though.
Old 06 June 2008, 12:12 PM
Holy Ghost
Scooby Regular

you're missing the point and are being naive if you think that corruption, in various forms, isn't a fact of life - particularly in taxpayer funded jobs where oversight often has neither independence nor teeth. the EU and the gravy train that comes with it is perhaps the most glaring example of this.

how you deal with it is the point. that cameron has dealt with him immediately deserves credit. shady behaviour will always be present. what's important is that such behaviour is not tolerated and is properly, swiftly dealt with. by which i mean dismissal/suspension/enforced resignation pending investigation and criminal prosecution for fraud if there are sufficient grounds to proceed.

that is a fair and moral expectation. and it is clear to some of the more enlightened politicians that this is an expectation that is hardening amongst the electorate. and about time too. for years and whatever their political flag, i've wanted to put such venal scum in a gibbet iron - pour encourager les autres.
Old 06 June 2008, 12:35 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb

because despite what you may read on the vast amounts of threads in policy about it

the system is open to abuse, its fact, its abused all the time, read the policy section lol, if you have more then a few infractions you are deamed a trouble maker and very little appears to be done to punish the people responsible for unfair infractions.

the community has spoken and all that utter tosh
Old 06 June 2008, 12:41 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Coffin Dodger
Probably the webmaster or other admin that infracted. Besides which he's banned, surely that should be permanent and extend to all duplicate accounts?
as far as i am aware its impossible for SN to stop somebody using the forum unless all new signups are cancelled

anyway the more infractions that are dished out and people talk about, the more "the community" will start to dislike the system "its all going downhill etc etc"

only the more clever type of person can see the method behind the madness

"trolls" have evolved
not sure what they are/should be called now, but they are doing a covert undercover operation to make everybody hate the system, and its working by the looks of it
Old 06 June 2008, 12:48 PM
.pslewis. . .
Scooby Newbie

It is tosh - ONE member can Infract ....... 5,000 may find the post acceptable.

The appeal system doesn't work as if the appeal is unsuccessful you are slammed again - even banned.

As webby has said on many occassions, it is THE ACCOUNT that is banned - not the poster ...........

The posters who hate the pslewis account lose credibility every single time they spend time and effort and energy in trying to stiffle it .......... simply ignoring the pslewis account is the 100% guarantee that the account will slide into oblivion - job done.

Painfully simple really
Old 06 June 2008, 01:02 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

I must say Pete, you have a tougher skin than most people
Old 06 June 2008, 01:09 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

This is you Pete

Quick Reply: Same Old Tories!!