Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Pepipoo site not really helping!

Search this Thread

Old 29 May 2008, 06:44 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Pepipoo site not really helping!

What are the views of you chaps here?

========================

Gents.

As above, stopped & given ticket. 30mph limit on Heathrow perimeter road as you travel past Terminal 5. Officer stated 3pts & £60 fine & I needed to produce licence at station within 7 days. Unable to do that as could not find licence. Went to station & advised them of this. Their response was to take my details & say that I'd get the option to take licence to a Magistrates Court & hand to a Clerk. Never got this option in the end as a summons has arrived (through letterbox on 23 May 2008 - offence date was 23 November 2007) with day in Court being 06 June 2008! Summons was sent via normal post so not signed for by me.

Can I ignore it & hope it goes away? Can I still request 3pts & £60 fine (seen on [Pepipoo] that I might get 6pts + ban + big bill to pay)? Can I get off on a technicality? I've heard that the Heathrow perimiter road is on BAAs land (private land) so the speed limit is not enforceable. The road itself whilst a 30 limit is dual carriageway, no houses off it, no schools, no T junctions etc. Limit just seems too low.

All advice greatly appreciated, ta.

TX.

Edit - allegation is 55mph on a 30mph road

Last edited by Terminator X; 30 May 2008 at 09:01 AM.
Old 29 May 2008, 06:52 PM
SteveScooby
Scooby Regular

If you ignore the summons and do go a warrant will be issued for your arrest, and the police will keep coming round to your house til they find you.

The summons doesn't have to be sent by recorded delivery, so there's no issue there, and it arrived within 6 months, just.

"The road itself whilst a 30 limit is dual carriageway, no houses off it, no schools, no T junctions etc. Limit just seems too low."

Totally irrelevant unfortunately, just because you feel it doesn't justify a 30 limit doesn't mean you can break the limit
Old 29 May 2008, 08:01 PM
Jeem
Scooby Regular

You could get the dvla to send out a new liscence, hopefully it will arrive before the court date possiably ask for recorded delivery so you can prove to the court you lost and have just gotn a replacement liscence. If you tell the dvla you've lost both parts as its free, not if you ask for one part only it will cost you. As for your claim its baa property you would have to ask your soliciter
Old 02 June 2008, 12:48 AM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

I've got my licence now. Any other thoughts as 06 June is only a few days away

TX.
Old 02 June 2008, 08:48 AM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Terminator X
What are the views of you chaps here?

========================

Gents.

As above, stopped & given ticket. 30mph limit on Heathrow perimeter road as you travel past Terminal 5. Officer stated 3pts & £60 fine & I needed to produce licence at station within 7 days. Unable to do that as could not find licence. Went to station & advised them of this. Their response was to take my details & say that I'd get the option to take licence to a Magistrates Court & hand to a Clerk. Never got this option in the end as a summons has arrived (through letterbox on 23 May 2008 - offence date was 23 November 2007) with day in Court being 06 June 2008! Summons was sent via normal post so not signed for by me.

Can I ignore it & hope it goes away? Can I still request 3pts & £60 fine (seen on [Pepipoo] that I might get 6pts + ban + big bill to pay)? Can I get off on a technicality? I've heard that the Heathrow perimiter road is on BAAs land (private land) so the speed limit is not enforceable. The road itself whilst a 30 limit is dual carriageway, no houses off it, no schools, no T junctions etc. Limit just seems too low.

All advice greatly appreciated, ta.

TX.

Edit - allegation is 55mph on a 30mph road
I believe that you have the right to a timely trial and I believe that it should be within six months (not summoned on the six month anniversary). Speak to a solicitor.
Old 02 June 2008, 09:02 AM
bugeyeandy
Scooby Regular

I've heard that the Heathrow perimiter road is on BAAs land (private land) so the speed limit is not enforceable. The road itself whilst a 30 limit is dual carriageway, no houses off it, no schools, no T junctions etc. Limit just seems too low.
The perimeter road is owned and maintained by Heathrow Airport Limited (HAL) but unfortunately for you also comes under the scope of the Road Traffic Act of 1972 and is enforceable under this.

We use works vehicles with no MoT or Tax on the perimeter road so long as they have HAL vehicle passes but I can still be done by the police if I speed around there.

Looks like you'll just have to take it like a man
Old 02 June 2008, 06:29 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

^^ Thanks

TX.