Stag Weekend in Blackpool

Search this Thread

Old 27 May 2008, 09:20 PM
dome
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stag Weekend in Blackpool

Evening all.

Am off to Blackpool this weekend for a stag weekend, has anyone got any ideas of where to go/where to avoid? Haven't been before so it'll be new one for me...

Also what have you done to the stag on stag weekends, kind of want to avoid the tied naked to a lampost, that's a bit old hat

Brian
Old 27 May 2008, 09:27 PM
Kieran_Burns
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

True Story:

Old Account Manager for where I used to work was handcuffed to the Traffic lights on the prom for 6 hours (midday 'til 6) by his mates wearing nothing but a kagool and a pair of briefs.

His mates sat in the nearby pub watching him and the Police made sure they took drinks out to him reguarly.

He spent the day being photographed by anyone that wanted to.

I hope one of your friends is reading this

Oh. I forgot to mention.... it was August Bank Holiday weekend and Blackpool was a bit busy....

(I got lined up with two other stags and the best men at a paintball site and had to run the gauntlet.

Twice.

I wasn't stupid - my best man was 6'5" tall... I ran beside him, with him between me and the firing squad )
Old 27 May 2008, 09:34 PM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

Where to avoid: Blackpool!

There's nowhere to recommend to go or avoid as it's all the same - tacky

Loud pubs, fat birds and no style - good laugh though. Enjoy.
Old 27 May 2008, 09:35 PM
dome
Scooby Regular

Sorry, i should say, it's not my stag weekend...
Old 27 May 2008, 09:45 PM
paulwrxboro
Scooby Regular

what hotel you in ? iv got 12 lads from scotland this week (tobermory hotel)

i got clingfilm'd to a lampost on the prom and i can tell you now you can not get out

were to go depends what time your drinking?
you want VIP wrist bands you get in all/most the pubs free with things like a free shot/ bottle of bubbly and the two bigest/best nightclubs free before 12 ,half price after with que jump aswell
i can get these for you £5 each and they last the weekend ,think the night clubs a tenner to get in without the bands.
you might get them at your own hotel if not i can drop some off for ya

anyways im sure you will have a good weekend

Last edited by paulwrxboro; 27 May 2008 at 09:47 PM.
Old 27 May 2008, 10:13 PM
dome
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by paulwrxboro
what hotel you in ? iv got 12 lads from scotland this week (tobermory hotel)

i got clingfilm'd to a lampost on the prom and i can tell you now you can not get out

were to go depends what time your drinking?
you want VIP wrist bands you get in all/most the pubs free with things like a free shot/ bottle of bubbly and the two bigest/best nightclubs free before 12 ,half price after with que jump aswell
i can get these for you £5 each and they last the weekend ,think the night clubs a tenner to get in without the bands.
you might get them at your own hotel if not i can drop some off for ya

anyways im sure you will have a good weekend
Nah, it's not your hotel I'm afraid. there's 16 of us booked into somewhere beginnng with an s but I've forgotten the name. It's booked through a company so I think passes for clubs etc is included, if not I'll give you a shout...
Old 27 May 2008, 10:39 PM
paulwrxboro
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dome
Nah, it's not your hotel I'm afraid. there's 16 of us booked into somewhere beginnng with an s but I've forgotten the name. It's booked through a company so I think passes for clubs etc is included, if not I'll give you a shout...

yeah we use a agent aswell hope you have seen were your going, iv been told some rite storys
there is two agents one books decent hotels like mine and the other books the cheapest they can find

anyways have a great weekend and dont be a pain in the **** for the hotel owner

Trending Topics

Old 27 May 2008, 10:43 PM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

yeah we use a agent aswell hope you have seen were your going, iv been told some rite storys
there is two agents one books decent hotels like mine and the other books the cheapest they can find

anyways have a great weekend and dont be a pain in the **** for the hotel owner
I take it yours is a decent one, Paul? Not that you'd say otherwise

I've stayed in some real nasty ones in Blackpool. Luckily I was so tw@tted that the cockroaches weren't an issue.
Old 27 May 2008, 11:12 PM
paulwrxboro
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fatherpierre
I take it yours is a decent one, Paul? Not that you'd say otherwise

I've stayed in some real nasty ones in Blackpool. Luckily I was so tw@tted that the cockroaches weren't an issue.
Only cockroaches , you have been lucky

ive had a group of girls turn up at the door at 12.30 saying they had walked out off a place the light switches hanging of the wall or missing, the lights wer the same ,dirtyy sheets, fles in the beds. they all got together and asked the owner he said "its under refubishment"

another bloke said cat **** all over the hotel including on his bed uke: i could be here all night honestly, the things iv'e herd

not trying to promote my place but allmost everyone we have in says what a nice place we have, i know its not posh as the hilton but it is clean and we try and keep it nice as we can
Old 28 May 2008, 10:24 AM
Frazzly
Scooby Regular

paul we are staying in the fairway hotel ( I think)
Old 28 May 2008, 10:35 AM
skoobidude
Scooby Regular

I went on a stag do at Blackpool back in '05. Initially I wasn't looking forward to it as it's so tacky and full of chavs...
Had a brilliant time and it was full of other stag/hen dos - everyone was so friendly. Lots of females to chat up too. I had a nice conversation with a nurse, goldylocks and Daisy Duke

There was a bar on the front - I think it was The Coral something? Went in at lunch time on the Saturday and it was like walking into a nightclub. The DJ was shouting things like "first to get their t1ts out gets a bottle". There were a group of girls with what looked like their mothers. The mothers were first to flash their assets it was so funny..

You'll love it.
Old 28 May 2008, 10:39 AM
JimmyBFC
Scooby Regular

Theres some half decent boozers, I prefer the afternoon session in Blacky, just watch yourself later on as everyone and their dog will be totally off their t1ts...

Some ok lap dancing clubs, Syndicate is that massive club that holds something stupid like 7k ppl, avoid the tower lounge if wearing your best trainers/shoes, they might end up being stuck to the floor with all the crap.

You'll have to pay a few quid apiece to get into some pubs aswell....bouncers fund i think its called...
Old 28 May 2008, 10:52 AM
skoobidude
Scooby Regular

A little story...
We stayed in a typical cheap B&B at about £15/night. There was another stag do with young lads in their early 20s. On the first night the majority of us had returned and deceided to have a couple more at the bar downstairs. Some of the lads from the other party were playing pool. I noticed a pi55ed up girl was hanging off one of them. They were all trying to chat her up/feel her and it became clear she was a local and had tagged along with these at some point..
Suddenly the front door burst open and this huge bouncer guy came in with his mate. He grabbed the girl (his misses!) and gave her a right hiding in the hallway. He even smashed her head aginst one of the mirrors on the wall She ran off crying.. He came back in, picked up a pool cue and walked around the room asking who had brought his misses back. Pointing the cue at each person and working the room, "was it you?", "was it you?" etc.. We all just sat in silence, I'm sure we could have done something but it wasn't worth getting involved. If he had hit anyone then things may have been different but as it was our first night he could have returned later with more like him. So we let him have his tough guy moment..

Eventually the landlady threw him out.

Nick
Old 28 May 2008, 10:54 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Terrible place.. but you have to do the Tower Lounge in the day. What a bizarre place and you will see some sights!
Old 28 May 2008, 11:23 AM
JimmyBFC
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by skoobidude
A little story...
We stayed in a typical cheap B&B at about £15/night. There was another stag do with young lads in their early 20s. On the first night the majority of us had returned and deceided to have a couple more at the bar downstairs. Some of the lads from the other party were playing pool. I noticed a pi55ed up girl was hanging off one of them. They were all trying to chat her up/feel her and it became clear she was a local and had tagged along with these at some point..
Suddenly the front door burst open and this huge bouncer guy came in with his mate. He grabbed the girl (his misses!) and gave her a right hiding in the hallway. He even smashed her head aginst one of the mirrors on the wall She ran off crying.. He came back in, picked up a pool cue and walked around the room asking who had brought his misses back. Pointing the cue at each person and working the room, "was it you?", "was it you?" etc.. We all just sat in silence, I'm sure we could have done something but it wasn't worth getting involved. If he had hit anyone then things may have been different but as it was our first night he could have returned later with more like him. So we let him have his tough guy moment..

Eventually the landlady threw him out.

Nick
Just another typical night out in Blackpool then....
Old 28 May 2008, 03:13 PM
messiah
Scooby Regular

Location: Surviving as a soldier of fortune on the Los Angeles underground...

Dunno if its still there but...

Passage Del Terror next to the entrance to the Pleasure Beach
Old 28 May 2008, 04:16 PM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

not trying to promote my place but allmost everyone we have in says what a nice place we have, i know its not posh as the hilton but it is clean and we try and keep it nice as we can
How do you find trade in in the winter months ? I have seen some cheapish hotels for sale in different seaside places but I cannot imgaine there is enough corporate trade to make it worth being there in the winter. We have 2 hotels but both full of corporate guests all week and quiet at the weekends. but somewhere like blackpool I would be scared of empty hotel rooms midweek in thw winter.
Old 28 May 2008, 06:03 PM
speye91
Scooby Regular

Merri England Bar on the Pier,Jowey Blower,is funnier than Roy Chubby Brown.Always packed to the hilt on a Sat Afternoon.
Old 28 May 2008, 06:40 PM
paulwrxboro
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Luan Pra bang
How do you find trade in in the winter months ? I have seen some cheapish hotels for sale in different seaside places but I cannot imgaine there is enough corporate trade to make it worth being there in the winter. We have 2 hotels but both full of corporate guests all week and quiet at the weekends. but somewhere like blackpool I would be scared of empty hotel rooms midweek in thw winter.
At the moment we are running weekends only
trade during the week is rare unless you go looking for it, my brother had 20 contracters in his,they were great out at 7 in the morning back at 7 on the night a few pints and of to bed

if looking for midweek you want to be near the winter gardens,there is allways somthing going on there and you may allready have some corprate trade contacts you can call upon

to be honest im selling my hotel got it on the market now, if you compare the market blackpool has some real bargains to offer,hotel wise and has a longer season than any other seaside town with the blackpool lights
Old 28 May 2008, 06:57 PM
paulwrxboro
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Frazzly
paul we are staying in the fairway hotel ( I think)
OH NO NOT THE FAIRWAY...................na just kidding looks a desent place in a good road aswell and some good reveiws

Merri England Bar on the Pier,Jowey Blower,is funnier than Roy Chubby Brown.Always packed to the hilt on a Sat Afternoon.

this is always my pub crawl when i go out, saterday or sunday always packed and funny :thumb

another one not to miss is the beerkeller oooo and the underbar out the back of the tower lounge

Last edited by paulwrxboro; 28 May 2008 at 07:05 PM.
Old 29 May 2008, 12:54 AM
dome
Scooby Regular

Good good lads, nice to get some names of pubs to be getting on with. We'll see how many we make it to. We're out for a good drunken weekend but aren't your start a fight f*ckwitty types, we're more likely to be rolling about laughing taking the pi55 out of each other(well Frazzly anyway) or chatting up the lady types. If we can find a lady in Blackpool

Paulwrx, if you're about and fancy a pint let me know, we'll be the drunken Scottish ones

Last edited by dome; 29 May 2008 at 12:56 AM.
Old 29 May 2008, 06:59 PM
paulwrxboro
Scooby Regular

cheers mate but dont think the wife will let me out after last time
Old 05 June 2008, 08:22 PM
paulwrxboro
Scooby Regular

How did the weekend go ?
Old 05 June 2008, 09:42 PM
dome
Scooby Regular

Evening

Had a cracking weekend. Today's the first day I've felt 100% again, have been rough all week. Was in Reflex, Wildcats and err, err, various other pubs and clubs that I can't remember. A couple of guys had kilts on, funnily enough they got loads of attention.

Lapdancer(upon sighting sporran)-Oooh, is that where you keep your change?
Mate- No, it's full of sand to try and keep it down

The other chap with the kilt nicked the magic tree from the van and hung it down there, was amusing when the ladies spotted it as they looked to see if he was a real Scotsman...

Friday night was a better atmosphere, less tatood f*ckwits who had been drinking in the sun all day than there was on Saturday night.

It's safe to say that blackpool was as tacky as i expected, I made the most of it with a pair of aviators and a bad hawaiian shirt

Now that I've recovered I can look forward to the Mountain Biking World Cup in Fort William this weekend! More booze and loose women!!

Brian