Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Disneyland Paris

Search this Thread

Old 27 May 2008, 04:11 PM
MOK79
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Disneyland Paris

Right i need some help. This is doing my head in now........

The missus wants to take the kids to Disneyland Paris for 7 nights and stay somewhere onsite that can accommodate all 7 of us..
Anyone know anywhere ???
I have searched and searched and am getting thouroughly annoyed now She won't shut up about it either

Rant over......... Thanks in advance
Old 27 May 2008, 04:39 PM
Hugh Jass
Scooby Regular

I think you might have to settle for 2 rooms. I don't remember any of the hotels having rooms to accommodate 7. Either way you will have a brilliant time, except for the cost of the beer!
Old 27 May 2008, 04:45 PM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

You may struggle to fill 7 days - Unless you are going off to other places - 3 is plenty.
Old 27 May 2008, 04:46 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Agree with Pete. Plus it's full of ignorant Frenchies.
Old 27 May 2008, 04:48 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by FlightMan
Plus it's full of ignorant Frenchies.
My in laws took our daughter to Disneyland Paris last year. They were not impressed and in particular the attitude of the French towards the British.

My father in law and his brother even considered beating one of the characters for pushing past their kids to get to the french kids.
Old 27 May 2008, 04:52 PM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

In my experience, it wasn't the French that were the problem, they were perfectly polite - It was the Spanish. No concept of queueing whatsoever - Which, in a park built around the concept of queueing, causes more than a few arguments.
Old 27 May 2008, 05:20 PM
MOK79
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by PeteBrant
You may struggle to fill 7 days - Unless you are going off to other places - 3 is plenty.

No. No plans to go off anywhere else. Is 3 days plenty as in you will see everything without rushing around ???
Old 27 May 2008, 05:35 PM
Miniman
Scooby Regular

3 days was enough for us - 2 at Disneyland 1 at Disney studios. However we were feeling the effects (after arriving at 10/10:30 each day and leaving after the last parade at 20:00), so I suppose you could slow it down and spend 3 and 2 respectively, then get some decent time to get round the parks casually. It's not as big as the US versions, plus there's not much else out there yet.

I didn't particularly find anyone rude or anything. Seems that the French are most numerous in number, followed by the Brits then Spanish, but no one was rude or anything.. I found the queues OK and especially if you go with the Fastpasses, then there isn't a large queue anyway. Even if there was you just wait in line, no need to get stressed or anything.

Mind you Disney is just not right in French, think Crush (from Finding Nemo) he's a laid back Cali surfer dude, this just doesn't come across in French.

We stayed at one of the hotels just off site, only slightly further than the Santa Fe and yet cheaper (beer was normal price, which it isn't in the Disney hotels I understand) with a free bus to and from the park every few minutes.