Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

UFC 84: Ill Will **Spoiler Alert**

Search this Thread

Old 27 May 2008, 08:02 AM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UFC 84: Ill Will **Spoiler Alert**

Managed to watch the last couple of fights last night. Gotta be the quickest avg defeat per show Ive ever seen.

Good to see the Axe Murderer back to his best.

So wanted to see Sherk get beat. Great cardio but such a boring fighter. Normally just lies on someone and controls them well but no real damage and takes the decision.

Big mistake to stay standing with BJ. Surely after 2 rds of getting his face trashed whilst BJ had barely a mark must have told him it was the wrong tactic. Perhaps he wanted to try and please the fans with a knockout but Im glad with the outcome.

Would be interesting to see BJ vs GSP if it happens

As for TUF - I just dont see Forrest winning against Rampage at the end of it. Rampage is a funny character and good choice in cars with an Audi R8.

Simon
Old 27 May 2008, 10:42 AM
chris singleton
Scooby Regular

Agree about Sherk, very boring fighter, tends to get a takedown and dry hump the oponent for the rest of the round taking the decision. Didn't know he'd been stripped of the belt for testing positive for steroids, and aparently he passed a lie detector test, WTF is that all about?

Think BJ -v- GSP would be a great fight, hope he steps back up a weight division as can't see anyone else giving him serious competition at lightweight.

I know Randy fell out with UFC, is he never going to fight for them again?
Old 27 May 2008, 10:55 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chris singleton
Didn't know he'd been stripped of the belt for testing positive for steroids, and aparently he passed a lie detector test, WTF is that all about?
?
I would go for the testing positive as being the truth of it. Lie detectors are notoriously easy to trick.
Old 27 May 2008, 11:04 AM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Chris didnt know that as dont read up much these days and just watched the fights - no suprise if it wasnt mentioned by the UFC. I just assumed he had been injured and couldnt fight. Dunno how he is allowed to fight again after that. No wonder BJ was so pissed off about him.

Didnt know about Couture either. Tito now big loss as hes like a little ***** cat these days. More interested in business dealings (he was on the US Apprentice and Im sure he said his punishment sports wear was a billion dollar company now) and porking Jenna Jameson

Simon
Old 27 May 2008, 12:00 PM
chris singleton
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by P1Fanatic
Chris didnt know that as dont read up much these days and just watched the fights - no suprise if it wasnt mentioned by the UFC. I just assumed he had been injured and couldnt fight. Dunno how he is allowed to fight again after that. No wonder BJ was so pissed off about him.

Didnt know about Couture either. Tito now big loss as hes like a little ***** cat these days. More interested in business dealings (he was on the US Apprentice and Im sure he said his punishment sports wear was a billion dollar company now) and porking Jenna Jameson

Simon
LOL - I quite like Tito, he's a character and will be badly missed IMHO, loved him on TUF, he really knew how to wind up Ken, excellent viewing I thought. He just couldn't get his hands on his opponent the other night (forgot his name now - Machita or something like that). He was very skillfull but a bit too much dancing about for my liking.