Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Kuwait ?

Search this Thread

Old 02 May 2008, 09:36 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Kuwait ?

Ok, might have another work related trip, I can cope with Aberdeen, Darlington and London, Atalanta was ok, but the next one might be Kuwait, so has anyone on here been, any tips, what airline, whats the best bullet proof jacket ?
Old 02 May 2008, 09:41 PM
Scoobychick
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This one is supposed to be quite good The Spy Shop is a UK based international mega spy store. Spy equipment ranges from covert cameras to electronic surveillance systems.
Old 02 May 2008, 09:52 PM
moff1888
Scooby Regular

Its not bullets you want to be looking out for its the drivers there. They are mental, some even tried to cut me up while is was in one of our bedfords????
Old 02 May 2008, 09:52 PM
boxst
Scooby Regular

I went to Kuwait several years ago (just after the first Gulf War). It was quite 'liberal', you could drink and generally everyone was really good to me. I even managed to date an Indian girl who was working in the hotel. The only incidents, I was in a gold souk and was continually harassed to get a cheaper deal by going off with the owners of the shop (I was young and sweet looking back then (Yes I'm a guy and they were too)) and secondly I was teaching and had a laser pointer for the first time and I was playing with it in the hotel and had a bunch of UN soldiers jumped on me.

I think that it has gone back to being more fundamentalist (no alchohol, no women etc...).

Steve
Old 03 May 2008, 08:56 AM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Kuwait is great, sit behind a local at the lights (can guarantee they'll have pulled as far forward as they can and cannot see the lights), give them a toot of the horn and watch them race off into the on-coming traffic.

Don't need bullet proof vest, all it does is hold your body together so they've got enough of you to bury.

If you're going shopping be prepared to haggle, that's the way of life.

Enjoy it, the wealth there is phenomenal, get a good hotel (SAS Radisson is nice) and generally enjoy. Just remember they are a muslim country so expect a hose in lieu of toilet paper in the public toilets (That was a novel experience).