Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Why i now use public transport but will have my license soon!

Search this Thread

Old 28 April 2008, 02:30 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Why i now use public transport but will have my license soon!

Whilst the government is trying to get everyone to use public transport and go green, i'm about to go the other way. For the past 5-6years i have been getting public transport and its appauling for the reasons below:

1. I'm late for work at least *twice* a week due to train delays
2. My ticket price has went up 20% in two years apparently to pay for new trains, WHICH i don't get as my line is apparently not busy enough to run these new fangled trains
3. Not only has my ticket price risen but i have just lost my 10% discount for using a monthly ticket. so that has risen to price of my ticket by 30%
4. The trains used on my line are dangerous, filthy and unreliable and i can't understand why i pay so much to sit on filthy seats
5. I have to share a train with non-paying school kids who are little ****ers. Instead of giving the schools their own carriage they let them run mad getting on everyones nerves that are just about to go to work!

Now the latest has been after buying my monthly ticket they informed me two weeks in advance that my local trainstation will be closed for a week in order to modernise it. FAR ENOUGH least i know where my money is going. But when i wrote to ask how exactly I was going to get to and from work everyday they told me to get one and one of the other stations! When i wrote back to them to explain that i didn't live NEAR any other station thus why i don't use ANY OTHER trainstation and asked if they were going to provide a bus service or similar. I got the reply that NO they weren't because it was not financially viable!

SO that is why i can't wait to get my license in the next few weeks so i can buy an impreza and pollute the land as I could not be ****ed with public transport!

PS i ended up getting to work by shedding a sheer fortune out on Taxi's ffs.
Old 28 April 2008, 02:45 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

If the green fascists get their way you won't need to commute as you'll be busy in your cave avoiding soap and eating your fairtrade nut roast.
Old 28 April 2008, 02:56 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is the station name, train company and line you use?

I find it very odd they are not putting on a shuttle service, you can't be the only person who will be in this position. Perhaps a letter/email to the local newspaper/tv news/radio station mentioning what is going on might get a bit of action.
Old 28 April 2008, 03:03 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Its Translink. (northern irelands Train/bus service)

Its all done and dusted now so I see no point is pursuing the situation. Its just very disappointing that this is how people who do use public transport get treated. Its hard enough to rely on a timetable set by someone else but when that timetable is merely a piece of guesswork it makes trying to use public transport impossible!

And to top it off the i doubt it would be durastically more expensive for me to use a car to get myself and my girlfriend to work than it is for us both to buy a monthly ticket! Plus it will be more convienient!