Puppies from Sri Lanka

Search this Thread

Old 27 April 2008, 09:21 AM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Puppies from Sri Lanka

Now I like dogs but..........

I haven't got around to the "Sundays" yet but my understanding is that this charity brings stray puppies from Sri Lanka to UK. One of them had Rabies and nipped 3 staff members. All controlled very well and no real danger to other animals or public.

But haven't UK animal charities got enough problems re-homing strays without bringing in more from overseas?

dl
Old 27 April 2008, 09:38 AM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Why on earth would you bring puppies from Sri Lanka? The journey alone must be enough to freak out the dogs?

Steve
Old 27 April 2008, 10:19 AM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

I heard about the rabies business, but didnt realise that a charideeeee brought them over to "rehouse" them... Thats obsurd...
Poor little mites, they probably dont speak a word of English, then they come over here, take our jobs... Ridiculous...
Old 27 April 2008, 12:56 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We are deciding what to do about a new dog having had our old Cocker put to sleep last week aged 15. he Dogs homes are full anyway, without importing more, I would think they are better off in Sri Lanka, left wandering around than penned up over here ?
Old 27 April 2008, 01:33 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by J4CKO
We are deciding what to do about a new dog having had our old Cocker put to sleep last week aged 15. he Dogs homes are full anyway, without importing more, I would think they are better off in Sri Lanka, left wandering around than penned up over here ?
May be except Rabid puppies wandering about aren't the most child friendly things

BTW hope you find a replacement soon. Spoilt for choice I bet
Old 27 April 2008, 07:25 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by David Lock
BTW hope you find a replacement soon. Spoilt for choice I bet
Yeah, Cheers David, we are kind of leaving it until the school summer holidays, thought the wife works for herself she has a lot on at the moment and a new dog (puppy or otherwise) would slow her down, we need to get something over the summer so it can be housebroken during good weather, still dotn know what to get, half of me says, something from the Dogs home, the kids want a puppy but I am happy with anything and really would prefer to give something a home that hasn't got one.

The wife has been looking at Labradoodles on the net but I dont want to spend a load of money on a designer dog when there are so many dogs that have not got a home, dont care if its fashionable, doesnt have to be that appealing, just needs to be not too big, friendly and hopefully smart.