Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

PayPal Question

Search this Thread

Old 16 April 2008, 12:07 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PayPal Question

I'm wanting to sell some Brake Pads for my previous car (Focus RS) and I have found a buyer. I have soursed the buyer through a Ford Forum site, not Ebay.

My question is (As I don't use Ebay or Paypal) if I set-up s Paypal account, can the buyer pay for the pads through paypal?

What information do they need? As I don't want to give them too much incase they can get access to my paypal account and start buying things without my knowledge.

Sorry if it's a simple dumb question, but like I say I've never sold anything using this method before.

He's too far away to collect in person.
Old 16 April 2008, 12:18 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

If you do set up a PayPal account you only need to give the guy your email address attached to your PayPal account and he uses that to pay.

Alternatively once the account is set up you can request the money from him using his email address. In effect a reverse method but done when you want it done.

The homepage is straightforward to navigate the options.

I can't remember how quickly it can all be done though on a new account. Things might have changed and you might need to confirm who you are to PayPal before they even accept money into your account. That could take days. Maybe a PayPal newbie could shed light on that?
Old 16 April 2008, 01:01 PM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Or you could avoid PayScam altogether and give the buyer your regular bank account number and sort code so they can pay he money straight into your account. Works for me every time