Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Illegal immigrant

Search this Thread

Old 03 April 2008, 11:45 AM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Illegal immigrant

I posted a thread on Scoobynet a while ago stating that my wife was having trouble with an illegal immigrant and what the scoobynet masses would do - turn a blind eye or turn her in.

Well, she took the overwhelming response to turn the girl in. She reported it to the correct authorities (eventually - they don't make it easy) and they have done...........

............. didley squat, absolutely nothing about it. The girl's still working in the same shop dishing our the same dirt.

Why did we all bother?
Old 03 April 2008, 11:48 AM
Paul3446
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PeteBrant will be along shortly to defend the government's handling of this case!
Old 03 April 2008, 11:51 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

I couldnt possibly comment - I'm not in possesion of all the facts
Old 03 April 2008, 11:51 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Local MP, Local councillor, and local and national papers, in that order

Alcazar
Old 03 April 2008, 11:52 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Do you have a link to the previous thread please? had a search and cant find it.

Thanks
Old 03 April 2008, 11:52 AM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Things like this make my blood boil. Our Government is quite hapy to keep on accepting legal & Illegal immigrants to our shore, while all the time quoting that they improve Britain.

Surveys show Britians welcome our foriegn friends.

I don't. Wish they'd just all f*ckoff.

You question immigration policy, and you're a Racist
You say you wish they'd all f*ckoff, and you're a Racist
You vote BNP (not to get them in power) buy to try & make the Government see that people are sick of immigration policies, and you're a racist.

I must be a Racist then.
Old 03 April 2008, 11:53 AM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by PeteBrant
I couldnt possibly comment - I'm not in possesion of all the facts
<<<<< Faints >>>>>>>>
Old 03 April 2008, 11:54 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by stilover

Things like this make my blood boil. Our Government is quite hapy to keep on accepting legal & Illegal immigrants to our shore, while all the time quoting that they improve Britain.

Surveys show Britians welcome our foriegn friends.

I don't. Wish they'd just all f*ckoff.

You vote BNP (not to get them in power) buy to try & make the Government see that people are sick of immigration policies, and you're a racist.

I must be a Racist then.
Yes, we'll kick them all out and you'll still end up leaving the UK cause its a "****hole" and going living with these immigrants in their country.

Only in the UK
Old 03 April 2008, 11:57 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

I dont think that makes you a racist.

Depending on your resoning, then that doesn't make you a racist, either

Aw, man, so close.

Old 03 April 2008, 12:00 PM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

I must be a Racist then.
That's because the BNP and their ilk are the biggest bunch of arseholes I've ever had the misfortune to come across.

They are the biggest bunch of losers to ever darken these shores. Wannabe ***** that are an insult to the real ***** which is saying something.

Spend a couple of hours perusing the forums at Stormfront to see what mentality this ***** have and whether you really want them more involved in how this country is run.
Old 03 April 2008, 12:03 PM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by KiwiGTI
Spend a couple of hours perusing the forums at Stormfront to see what mentality this ***** have and whether you really want them more involved in how this country is run.
They don;t only reserve thier special brand of idiocy for race issues either.

Check this nugget out :

Ms Harman was speaking in the Commons as MPs condemned BNP candidate Nick Eriksen, who said rape was a myth.

Writing under a pseudonym on a far-right blog Mr Eriksen said rape "cannot be such a terrible physical ordeal" as it is "simply sex" and "women enjoy sex".

"I've never understood why so many men have allowed themselves to be brainwashed by the feminazi myth machine into believing that rape is such a serious crime," he wrote.

Mr Eriksen continued: "To suggest that rape, when conducted without violence, is a serious crime is like suggesting that force-feeding a woman chocolate cake is a heinous offence. A woman would be more inconvenienced by having her handbag snatched.

"The demonisation of rape is all part of the feminazi desire to obtain power and mastery over men. Men who go along with the rape myth are either morons or traitors."

In other posts he blamed women for initiating domestic violence and said career women were "unnatural and vile".

BNP - For a better Britian (as long as you are white, British, aren't a woman, and an habitual rapist)
Old 03 April 2008, 12:03 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by KiwiGTI
That's because the BNP and their ilk are the biggest bunch of arseholes I've ever had the misfortune to come across.

They are the biggest bunch of losers to ever darken these shores. Wannabe ***** that are an insult to the real ***** which is saying something.

Like I say, I don't want them in power. Just a vote to make our Government stand up and see that people are sick.
When the last local Council votes came out, BNP suport was up. The Government were quick to go to press calling BNP suporters racist.

Not once have the questioned why people voted BNP.
Old 03 April 2008, 12:06 PM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Not once have the questioned why people voted BNP.
Because they're racists?

I mean, it's not as if that's your only option to protest at immigration issues. Why not vote for someone that has raised concerns with immigration, but is a bit more mainstream, a political party like, I don't know, the Conservatives.
Old 03 April 2008, 12:11 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by PeteBrant
Because they're racists?

I mean, it's not as if that's your only option to protest at immigration issues. Why not vote for someone that has raised concerns with immigration, but is a bit more mainstream, a political party like, I don't know, the Conservatives.
I will be.

Will they make a difference though? I want them in as they are the only party who can oust Labour. A vote for the Lib Dems is a vote for Labour. Not that I'd be stupid enough to vote for them anyway.
Old 03 April 2008, 12:14 PM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Will they make a difference though? .
I think you would see a difference in immgration policy - In terms of caps and what have you.

The lib dems would be pretty much the same as Labour in terms of immigration in practice.

Just don't expect the Tories to make a big issue out of immigration at the next GE, they have tried making Immigration/Single currency/Europe the main issue three times and been absolutely hammered three times. But that doesn't mean thier thinking on the issue won't be roughtly the same - They just won't shout it from the rooftops.
Old 03 April 2008, 12:15 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

People vote BNP knowing that they're really the national front, secretly hoping for some form of retribution from these idiotic and somewhat brainless thugs!
Old 03 April 2008, 12:21 PM
Paul3446
Scooby Regular

There's no excuse for voting BNP in my book, surely by voting for racists, you are opening yourself up to the accusation that you are a racist.

I would give you the benefit of the doubt and say it suggested a lack of intelligence, rather than racism.
Old 03 April 2008, 12:25 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Voting BNP is not racist, despite Pete's suggestion: but it is misguided. Conversely: the Labour government didnt listen nor accept that people voted for these fools in an attempt to have their opinion heard: Tony Blair actually talked about banning the party after their limited local election gains!!!
Old 03 April 2008, 12:28 PM
AndyC_772
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul3446
surely by voting for racists, you are opening yourself up to the accusation that you are a racist.
What if the only other option is to vote for idiots?
Old 03 April 2008, 12:37 PM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Generally speaking, immigration seem to not care about individuals too much. If they commit a crime or are unlucky in some respect then they reluctantly will process and then (probably) do nothing.

What they DO do is note down places where people work and if it is a chain or multiple people work in the same place they will raid it. Pizza Express were renound for hiring illegals and they used to get raided every so often.

Steve
Old 03 April 2008, 12:39 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AndyC_772
What if the only other option is to vote for idiots?
Storm the Winter Palace!
Old 03 April 2008, 12:39 PM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by davegtt
Do you have a link to the previous thread please? had a search and cant find it.

Thanks
It was back in January this year.
Old 03 April 2008, 12:40 PM
Paul3446
Scooby Regular

Quote:
"What if the only other option is to vote for idiots? "

I think it quite disturbing that you consider Labour, Tory and Lib Dems to be idiots, but not the BNP?
Old 03 April 2008, 12:41 PM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GC8
Voting BNP is not racist
I dont see how voting for a party who does not allow any non-white people to become members, whose manifesto calls for opposition to mixed race relationships, and asserts that white people are more intelligent than non-white people can be viewed as anything other than being racist.

I mean by voting for them, you are endorsing those views, surely.
Old 03 April 2008, 12:54 PM
Paul3446
Scooby Regular

I think there's two types of BNP voters, those who actually endorse the views of the party, and those too stupid to understand what they're doing.
Old 03 April 2008, 12:59 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul3446
I think there's two types of BNP voters, those who actually endorse the views of the party, and those too stupid to understand what they're doing.
Or those with the intelligence to know exactly what the BNP stand for, but want to make the Government realise that people are sick of there imigration policy.

I suspect that 80-90% of those who voted BNP in the local elections did so to make the Government take note rather than wanting the BNP in power.
Old 03 April 2008, 01:04 PM
Paul3446
Scooby Regular

I think Pete will tell you that I'm hardly in favour of Labour's immigration policy!

I would never vote BNP though!
Old 03 April 2008, 01:06 PM
Paul3446
Scooby Regular

Quote:
"Or those with the intelligence to know exactly what the BNP stand for, but want to make the Government realise that people are sick of there imigration policy."

It's not that intelligent though is it? Labour must be laughing at people who don't want to vote Labour, voting for someone who isn't even a political threat, if you want to hurt Labour, vote Tory.
Old 03 April 2008, 01:18 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

It's not that intelligent though is it? Labour must be laughing at people who don't want to vote Labour, voting for someone who isn't even a political threat, if you want to hurt Labour, vote Tory.
Come the GE those who voted BNP in the local elections will not vote BNP in the General election. You'd hope not anyway.

I vote Torries BTH, before people start thinking I'm a BNP supporter. I have never vote BNP, but I can understand why people did in the local elections.
Old 03 April 2008, 01:19 PM
AndyC_772
Scooby Regular

Trouble is, though, a ballot paper is (IMHO, of course) just a multiple-choice question in which all the answers are wrong.

Imagine for a moment that you're a doctor, being asked for your opinion on how people should be treated for a minor headache. What you actually want to suggest is a couple of paracetamol, but the options you have to choose from are:

a) fresh air
b) think happy thoughts
c) get used to it, it's actually benefitting you
d) decapitation

At least by voting 'd', you're sending a message to those who suggested answers a, b and c that you think they're all wrong.

Quick Reply: Illegal immigrant