Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

BT aaaggghhhhh

Search this Thread

Old 03 April 2008, 09:51 AM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default BT aaaggghhhhh

We've been with BT (against my wishes) for 12 months now and we are about to move house. i phone BT and advise them and give them the new address details to be told that's £125 to move!!!

They can go **** themselves the theiving gipsy barstewards

Anyway, had a chat with the guy I'm buying my house from and he's with Talk Talk and they'll change the account to my name for £0.00, now that's a price I like.

BT = Bl**dy T**sers

Feel better now - thanks for listening
Old 03 April 2008, 09:57 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there an installation charge, or a premature termination of contract charge inc in BT's price ? If so you might yet not escape it all.

Talk talk can only provide a service where there is a functioning BT line in place.
Old 03 April 2008, 10:02 AM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

That was just to 'move' my account. There is an existing, functioning land line at the new address. I didn't realise that I'm in a 12 month contract with BT though, just as well it runs out at the end of April: no early temination payment due.

I did talk things through with BT and they wouldn't budge on price. So now I'm going to be Talk Talking with another supplier

BT's loss..............

P.S. Am I starting to sound like PSL - appologies if so.
Old 03 April 2008, 10:11 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

lol no mate not at all

Thats frickin shocking then, im amazed they keep any customers moving house..

Oooh one thing springs to mind. Credit history at the new house. Can affect it badly.
Old 03 April 2008, 11:06 AM
bish667
Scooby Regular

i used to work for a department in bt over a year ago that dealt with people moving house. a charge used to only apply if an engineer had to come out to install a new line but if a line was already there there would be no charge. But bt were making a lot of changes as i left that desk so this does sound like something they would have done cos their stupid
Old 03 April 2008, 11:07 AM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

I hate BT with a passion
Old 03 April 2008, 11:30 AM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SwissTony
I hate BT with a passion
Join the club.

So far on my hate list:

British Telecom - shocking service.
British Gas - no service - really shocking service.

Could almost add;
British Leyland - shocking cars.

I think I can see a theme here ...........
Old 03 April 2008, 11:35 AM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bish667
i used to work for a department in bt over a year ago that dealt with people moving house. a charge used to only apply if an engineer had to come out to install a new line but if a line was already there there would be no charge. But bt were making a lot of changes as i left that desk so this does sound like something they would have done cos their stupid
Engineer doesn't have to come out as the line is already working - it was a BT line, now it's used for Talk Talk. All they have to do is flick a switch (so to speak). I really can't understand the mentality of it all, it's not as if they are a monopoly anymore is it? After all, it’s really easy to move to another provider.
Old 03 April 2008, 12:16 PM
bish667
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gpssti4
Engineer doesn't have to come out as the line is already working - it was a BT line, now it's used for Talk Talk. All they have to do is flick a switch (so to speak). I really can't understand the mentality of it all, it's not as if they are a monopoly anymore is it? After all, it’s really easy to move to another provider.
well i work for bt and i aint sticking up for them, i work in the business side now and the only thing thats better is there's less people that cant speak english but the processes/prices are still stupid.
Old 03 April 2008, 12:48 PM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

I could have another moan about BT when I tried to use Orange as my ISP. BT told me that Orange have to remove the marker on the line, orange told me that BT have to remove the marker on the line as they had out it there, and repeat! This went on for weeks. I sorted it in the end when I reversed the role on BT asking them if I had another suppler and I wanted to use BT Broadband, who'd have to remove the marker - "your current supplier" I was informed, well do it then.

But i won't go into that one as I have to watch my blood pressure these days!

Although there are some helpful staff there like any large organisation, just feel sorry for them having to work for such a company.