Search this Thread

Old 03 April 2008, 09:24 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trouble Brewing for Brown

BBC NEWS | UK | Cannabis 'should remain class C'

Brown thinks it should be reclassified

The advisory comittee that he asked to look into it have said it should stay at C

He either

(i)Admits he is wrong to think it should go to "B" and keeps it as a "C" class drug

(ii)Rejects the advice of 23 experts and changes it to a "B"

Hopefully he will see sense and keep it as a C class drug, but I have a feeling he is going to go his own way.
Old 03 April 2008, 09:26 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Depends if the Daily Mail brigade get into him. He's a weak man pandering to whims.
Old 03 April 2008, 09:27 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Im sure some spin can be applied to make the cronies go dizzy and forget everything he said. Someone in research will get fired, and Brown will make a victorious speech, backing up what he has said all along...... It should stay as a C lol.

He just wants something popular with a name starting with the same letter as his name. Sadly while its a C people remember him under another name, so he is keen to get back to being called Brown not c**t
Old 03 April 2008, 09:39 AM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

More crapola from Brown the clown
Old 03 April 2008, 11:06 AM
lozgti
Scooby Regular

Who cares anymore?

You can 24 hour drink,the government are overexcited about us going gambling,criminals don't go to prison and men can marry men and women marry women.

Would have thought they would be dishing free cannabis plants to every benefit claimant not worrying about re classifying it.What would be odd about that in this wacky country?

You can't go to the pub for a pint and a *** nowadays though.Don't you get hung for that
Old 03 April 2008, 11:09 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by lozgti
Who cares anymore?

You can 24 hour drink,the government are overexcited about us going gambling,criminals don't go to prison and men can marry men and women marry women.

Would have thought they would be dishing free cannabis plants to every benefit claimant not worrying about re classifying it.What would be odd about that in this wacky country?

You can't go to the pub for a pint and a *** nowadays though.Don't you get hung for that
If you go the right pubs I'm sure you can get a *** if that's your thing
Old 03 April 2008, 11:11 AM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Snazy
Im sure some spin can be applied to make the cronies go dizzy and forget everything he said. Someone in research will get fired, and Brown will make a victorious speech, backing up what he has said all along...... It should stay as a C lol.

He just wants something popular with a name starting with the same letter as his name. Sadly while its a C people remember him under another name, so he is keen to get back to being called Brown not c**t
#
Old 03 April 2008, 11:15 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I think that Cannabis shoul be re-classified because it is dangerous in that not only does it lead on to class A drugs, and there is plenty of evidence of that, but also because modern cannabis is so strong that it causes damage to the brain and eventually schizophrenia.

Leaving it at class C gives entirely the wrong message to young children as it did when the prats first de-classified it.

Please don't bother to go on about the effects of alcohol and tobacco, we all know that and don't deny it.

Les
Old 03 April 2008, 11:21 AM
TopBanana
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
Leaving it at class C gives entirely the wrong message to young children as it did when the prats first de-classified it.
Leslie, it sends no message to young children. They don't watch thew news.

Children get their information from their friends. And the more illegal and subversive cannabis is, the more they are marginalised and pushed into involvement with the undesirable elements of society. That's how it leads on to harder stuff.
Old 03 April 2008, 11:38 AM
HPLovecraft
Scooby Regular

I think that Cannabis shoul be re-classified because it is dangerous in that not only does it lead on to class A drugs, and there is plenty of evidence of that, but also because modern cannabis is so strong that it causes damage to the brain and eventually schizophrenia.

Please don't bother to go on about the effects of alcohol and tobacco, we all know that and don't deny it.

Les
Modern cannabis is no stronger today than 20-30 years ago.

Can I also see some evidence that cannabis leads on to class A drugs please ?

I see the propoganda machine is doing its job well.

Myths and Facts About Marijuana
Old 03 April 2008, 11:44 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

The current favourite is that Cannibis can increase the chances of a schizophrenic attack.

Buy up to 50%!!!!!!

THen you look into it, and you see what they are actually saying is that it *may* lead to and increase in chances of a schizophrenic attack if you are already predisposed to schizophrenic attacks.

So they use the 50% figure as a scare tactic.

But that can be easily countered, by saying that the chances, statistically speaking of you having a schizophrenic attack are 0.01%, which, if you decide to smoke cannibis, rise to 0.015%
Old 03 April 2008, 11:48 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Brown's ACTUAL comment on canabis was edited. Below is what he was REPORTED to have said, with what he actually said extra in red. Allegedly

"I disapprove of the use of canabis, but if I can find a way to legalise it and tax it, I will, then I WON'T disapprove any more, LOL".

Alcazar
Old 03 April 2008, 11:49 AM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Wasn't there a Beeb programme where a mother spent a whole month smoking wacky backy?

I have dabbled (as many of us have i expect) in marijuana but i suddenly haven't become a smack head (i've tried stronger drugs and not a fecking chance would i ever use them again).
Old 03 April 2008, 11:53 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar
[COLOR=Red]but if I can find a way to legalise it and tax it, I will, then I WON'T disapprove any more, LOL".

Personally, that exactly what I think we should do.
Old 03 April 2008, 11:55 AM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by PeteBrant
Personally, that exactly what I think we should do.

Yep i don't think it's done the Dutch much harm (i maybe wrong).
Old 03 April 2008, 11:57 AM
HPLovecraft
Scooby Regular

The current favourite is that Cannibis can increase the chances of a schizophrenic attack.

Buy up to 50%!!!!!!

THen you look into it, and you see what they are actually saying is that it *may* lead to and increase in chances of a schizophrenic attack if you are already predisposed to schizophrenic attacks.

So they use the 50% figure as a scare tactic.

But that can be easily countered, by saying that the chances, statistically speaking of you having a schizophrenic attack are 0.01%, which, if you decide to smoke cannibis, rise to 0.015%

Exactly!

It's all sensationalistic spin.

OTC and prescription medicines kill thousands in the UK every year, yet I have yet to hear about a single death resulting from MJ use.
Old 03 April 2008, 12:06 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by myblackwrx
Yep i don't think it's done the Dutch much harm (i maybe wrong).
they smoke it because they want to forget they have the highest priced fuel for europe

oh and it makes having cheese on toast every day bearable
Old 03 April 2008, 12:21 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

Les

You couldn't be further from the truth les. Please, share this new and to the contrary infomation.
Old 03 April 2008, 12:43 PM
T5OLF
Scooby Regular

Les
So smoking weed leads on to being a bag head does it? what rubbish. You normally find people become smack heads for many reasons but not from smoking weed.

There are plenty of smack heads and people who take coke most weekends when they go out who have never touched weed.

To say one leads on to the other is total rubbish and it's the type of sweeping statement you here from people who think you inject weed.
Old 03 April 2008, 12:50 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Growing up with 90% of my friends smoking weed etc, I can honestly say very few turned to class a users, and those who did, did it because they wanted a totally different sensation to that of weed etc.

Clubbers tend to use A's, and other such activities. So I too dismiss that it "leads" to class a use.

As for mental effects, again the only people who I know who smoke the stuff and act wierd, did before they started anyway...
Old 03 April 2008, 03:11 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Drugs... never bothered....

Although this one's mine....
Old 03 April 2008, 03:40 PM
Paul3446
Scooby Regular

Only one of my mates smoked dope and he had a complete mental breakdown.

I think there are plenty of people who can smoke it without a problem, there are some who find it completely ruins their lives.

I pray my kids never take it, not sure if it's classification will make any difference in this respect though.

As usual, some people say it is horrifically dangerous, others say it is completely harmless, I think the truth is somewhere in between.
Old 03 April 2008, 03:51 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul3446
Only one of my mates smoked dope and he had a complete mental breakdown.

I think there are plenty of people who can smoke it without a problem, there are some who find it completely ruins their lives.

I pray my kids never take it, not sure if it's classification will make any difference in this respect though.

As usual, some people say it is horrifically dangerous, others say it is completely harmless, I think the truth is somewhere in between.
Change dope in that post for Alcohol and does it change peoples view with regards to classification. Like you say different people are susceptible to different things. Some people get hooked on adrenaline rushes and spend their lives doing dangerous things to get their kicks.

Horses for courses as I see it.
Old 03 April 2008, 03:51 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

It's no different than alcohol. Abuse it and you'll lose. As soon as you start to think the drug is controlling you, it's game over.
Old 03 April 2008, 04:14 PM
Paul3446
Scooby Regular

I don't know why whenever anyone talks about cannabis, everyone immediately starts saying well alcohol is just as bad?

I could understand it if someone said "cannabis is more dangerous than alcohol", but no-one is saying that.

It would be nice to have a debate about cannabis, without alcohol being mentioned, but it just doesn't seem possible, why is that?
Old 03 April 2008, 04:20 PM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

It would be nice to have a debate about cannabis, without alcohol being mentioned, but it just doesn't seem possible, why is that?
I think its the sheer hypocrisy of it that gets to people

Tobacco and alchol kill thousands and affect the lives of thousands more.

Promoting cannibis to a class B drug would mean a maximum jail term of 5 years for possesion.

Yet you can buy Tobacco and Alcohol in the shops and statictically speaking they are both massively more dangerous then cannibis.

As Far As I see it, legalise it, control it, make it safe in terms of whats in it (like not being mixed with lead or something silly like that) and stop the villains selling it using the profits for more sinister activities.
Old 03 April 2008, 04:20 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

The point is that alcohol is more dangerous and damaging than cannabis - fact. But, it is a taxable drug and therefore legal.
Old 03 April 2008, 04:21 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

I think its the sheer hypocrisy of it that gets to people

Tobacco and alchol kill thousands and affect the lives of thousands more.

Promoting cannibis to a class B drug would mean a maximum jail term of 5 years for possesion.

Yet you can buy Tobacco and Alcohol in the shops and statictically speaking they are both massively more dangerous then cannibis.

As Far As I see it, legalise it, control it, make it safe in terms of whats in it (like not being mixed with lead or something silly like that) and stop the villains selling it using the profits for more sinister activities.
Totally agree with the above.
Old 03 April 2008, 04:36 PM
Paul3446
Scooby Regular

I can see the hypocrisy, but why can't people defend cannabis, without comparing it to alcohol.

It's like saying "A" is bad, but "B" is much worse, therefore "A" is really ok.
Old 03 April 2008, 04:39 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

It's like saying "A" is bad, but "B" is much worse, therefore "A" is really ok.
Gets my vote, where can I buy a few A's from

Quick Reply: Trouble Brewing for Brown