Guarantee ?

Search this Thread

Old 29 March 2008, 03:36 PM
Sti_Prodrive
Scooby Regular

Location: LONDON MANDEM - At Da V-Power Petty Station Fillin Up
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Guarantee ?

I got a brand new mobile from the phone shop, they gave me what I wanted once I came home & checked it all out I didnt come across any sort of paper work regarding guarantee

I have the paper work saying that I payed for it & all that but nothing at all on the guarantee side. What does one do to know they have somthing backing them. Like Nokia guarantee, If it dies on me I'll go back to them

Last edited by Sti_Prodrive; 29 March 2008 at 03:38 PM.
Old 29 March 2008, 03:39 PM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Most things in the UK have a 1 year guarantee and that is a 'return to shop' one. Depending on the shop, they will either give you a new one, send it to their repair or back to the manufacturer.

I have only seen written guarantees when there are strange terms.

Steve
Old 29 March 2008, 10:53 PM
s70rjw
Scooby Senior

Most phone retailers have a return to where it was bought policy. I did that recently with a Tesco Samsung mobile. The store told me to send it to the Tesco repair centre. This I duly did to be told the phone showed signs of corrosion. There was no water or condensation within the phone. Tesco suggested I complain to Samsung. This I duly did, to be told by Samsung that as Tesco had opened the phone they would not deal with my complaint. Several unreturned phonecalls later I was given a £20 voucher. The £660 I spent at Tesco in Feb will not be repeated in March or again.
Retailers vary. Hopefully any experience you have with your phone retailer will leave a sweeter taste than mine. Oh and all I had was the receipt with a keep this incase you need to have the phone replaced etc. Bob