Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Bus Lanes

Search this Thread

Old 17 March 2008, 08:52 AM
Kevin Mc
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bus Lanes

Is it just me, or do some people not understand bus-lane signs?

This morning I had some woman in a Focus shaking her head at me, and on Friday morning I had a chap in a Mondeo suggesting that I like individual sex.

In both cases it was before 7am, and one of the signs stipulated 0730hrs -0930hrs, and the other 0800hrs to 1000hrs.

As far as I understand it, if there are times showing on the sign, it indicates that the bus lane is in effect only during those times, which would make sense as it's the morning rush hour times.

Am I mis-understanding the signage?
Old 17 March 2008, 08:56 AM
Kevin Mc
Scooby Regular

Ooo, 666 posts!
Old 17 March 2008, 09:49 AM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

have the same around here (bournemouth) and i do exactly the same but you always seem to get some tosser who tries to stop me.

666 posts eh well obviously because you can read the signs you must be the devil
Old 17 March 2008, 11:07 AM
Eddie1980
Scooby Regular

I do some mileage in places I don't know. Nothing more annoying then trying to read one of them poxy signs while not loosing too much focus, by the time I have passed the 3rd sign and relised I can actually use the bus lane, its ended.

Bus lanes suck, as do signs with vast quantities of small writing.
Old 17 March 2008, 11:10 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Yup, some are not very well signed, but I have felt for a long time now that people feel you are NEVER allowed to drive on any piece of road with the word BUS on it. Inc bus stops in some cases.

Certainly in central london etc it would make a huge difference if bus lanes were used more (when permitted) and maybe a campaign to make people aware they CAN be used. Instead of more and more publicity of how cheap public transport is for those on benefits, for kids, for OAPS and in fact anyone not getting raped by the tax man and just wanting to use a bus for a single journey.
Old 17 March 2008, 11:15 AM
Kevin Mc
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Eddie1980
I do some mileage in places I don't know. Nothing more annoying then trying to read one of them poxy signs while not loosing too much focus, by the time I have passed the 3rd sign and relised I can actually use the bus lane, its ended.
Definately agree with that - my first post regards Sheffield. I've been coming up here for a few months now in the dark, and it took me ages to realise the bus lanes weren't permanent, as I never had chance to read the signs properly.
Old 17 March 2008, 11:19 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Yup signs are a big pain, was wondering if there was something that could be written for satnav, like POI's which would indicate bus lanes could be used depending on time of day.
In London certainly, people knowing they could, and actually using them could really help traffic flow.

Trending Topics

Old 17 March 2008, 12:11 PM
Klaatu
Scooby Regular

Something similar here, school zones. During certain times, it's 40kph. All other times it's, 60kph, but people still do 40kph at 8pm!!! Trucknuckles!