Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Redundancies

Search this Thread

Old 13 March 2008, 07:01 PM
skoobidude
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Redundancies

Having gone permenant with my current employers only just over a year ago, redundancies were announced back in January. This is to affect all office/management staff.
So far most numbers have been made up with voluntaries. However, my department also have a number of contractors who have been given notice and will go soon.
So as well as losing staff we lose our contractors as compulsary (fair enough but they still count as they share the workload).

I'm certain I am to survive as seniors have made it clear to me of my future with the company. But there lies the next problem...

I have been down this road before at previous companies and although staff cut-backs are made, their workload remains.

Awaiting the tidal wave of work in the coming months.

Nick

PS trying to remain positive as at least I have a job but it's difficult as others in the office talk about it too much..

Last edited by skoobidude; 13 March 2008 at 07:59 PM.
Old 13 March 2008, 10:03 PM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Bank the overtime and if they ask to much of you, go and find something else.
Old 14 March 2008, 01:35 AM
nooobyscoooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get your CV bang up to date this weekend - 2 pages, lots of "doing" verbs, check spelling and so on, then bang it on all the job sites you can find. Change something in the CV every two weeks and load up the new version so it gets picked up lots more times.

Get out there and get a new job - much better than staying and having to do half as much work again because of the leavers and it also gets you out of a poor working environment as you all wait for the next time the axe falls.

Good luck!